Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 12:37:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at Me - American Idol  (Read 4212 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:04:26 am »

One of the prettiest, most heartfelt songs I have ever heard Alan perform is Look at Me.  Tonight I was watching the opening credits of American Idol with Rachel and I was sure I heard two notes of the song being sung by a contestant. I said to Rachel, "that's Alan's song".  Sure enough about halfway through the show someone sang the song.  She did a great job and had a very pretty voice (I think her name was Sonika).  Harry said she might win the whole competition.  I was just bummed they cut it off before she could sing the last line of the chorus.  And I kept waiting for someone to mention Alan as being the artist who recorded the song, but not even Keith did. Anyway, I will be rooting for this girl, she has GREAT taste in music and song choice.    
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:12:34 am by HopeRothrock » Logged

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:42:10 am »

Hi:  I don't watch "American Idol", but agree with you that credit should be given to the original song writer and/or singer.  It seems that Alan is always being overlooked these days.  I wish he would put out that "You can always come home" as a single.  It would get lots of radio play I think and we'd hear about him again.  He is such a talented man.
He is the KING ---------not George Strait.

Thanks for the update.
Alanfan 
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 11:55:45 am »

I hear people on TV speak of Alan Jackson often. Dana on Fox News loves Country Music!
Mrs Bush was at George Jones funeral. I believe I saw a photo w/Alan & Denise with her & Mrs.George Jones
Alan Jackson is played in background music on many TV Show Breaks. He has a Great Voice and People Love his Voice. I adore the above Mentioned and agree with You Totally. Alan has sang for Presidents, Been to Carenige  (sp?)Hall and has many wonderful Awards for his work. Love The Alan Jackson new CD and I still Love his Older Songs too. Such as , "Livin' On Love", "Like Red On a Rose" since one of my favorite  poets "John Boyle O'Reilly IRISH wrote;
"A White Rose - Poem by John Boyle O'Reilly"

I love Alan's older Music as well as all he puts out today. I bought his Song " Have You ever seen Rain". Great Job Alan with another Great Singer! My Ringtone on my phone is "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere". I have to make sure when I go to Church, to put another on Ha!
Alan used to be on NBC Concert Show often, The Morning Show, Loved it!. There was always a same Fan there each Year to see Him perform. Never knew his name.
Let's Keep Playing this New one, Love it and ALL Alan Jackson puts out! Kiss

A Salute To All Our Veterans ~!!!!!!!!!!!!! and their Families! a Huge Thanks!

Here's to a Great Year for ALL Fans and l Alan Jackson, His Band The StrayHorns, Cindy & Staff. Oh Yes! and Alan's Family also. So sorry to hear of Alan's Wife's(Denise) Mother's passing, I still miss My mom, so I know she is still missing her. Sorry about Monty's Dad passing too. I shook hands with Monty and he's a nice Guy!

Missing all the Fans, no longer with us, such as Dean and twin sister Mazie, Terry too! Loved them and I last saw Dizzy Dean at George Jones Birthday. we had our photos made together. They are sorely Missed. Cry
Take care all of you Fans, Jeri from MS & FL

*Edited- Hello Jinx! so Nice to see You on here!!! Send me a message now & then, if you remember me..I met Louann, The Late Terry,I haven't seen Sue on here for a while. I hope she is ok..Jinx have you seen Alan Lately? I Love Alan's new Boxed Set!
"Look at Me" and "I'll Go On Loving You",has always been one of my favorites! Oh! so many others too!Jeri   Kiss
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:40:47 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

Alan sang that on the soundtrack from Billy"the early years".  Also Carrie Underwood sang it and also sang a duet with
Alan.  They are on "You Tube".   I don't think Alan wrote it.   A beautiful song.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: