Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 12:55:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GOO 90th Anniversary Family Album  (Read 3609 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »

Now available at opry.com is the newly released "Grand Ole Opry 90th Anniversary Family Album" hardcover book. Below are the links to the article about it and the order page from GOO's website. Alan's photo is one of those featured on the cover. The price is $29.99 plus shipping and handling. I've ordered mine and thought I'd share this with you all.

http://theboot.com/grand-ole-opry-90th-anniversary-family-album/

http://shop.opry.com/media-cat/books/opry-family-album-hardcover.html

BHR

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »

Thanks BHR! Any idea what Alan's big announcement is for tomorrow? Twitter message says to follow on instagram for more clues?

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »

You're welcome! Now, this is just a wild guess. The first thing I noticed in the picture posted at Twitter and Facebook is it's looks like a cover of or for a new vinyl record/album (not to be confused with EP [enhanced play] album/record), the ones we older fans having been dreading the last few years. I've been seeing a lot of those now at the Barnes and Nobles bookstore and quite a few at Target store too in our area. Also the Walmart store near our neighborhood have noticeable empty shelf spaces where they still have the CDs for sale. My guess is they're getting ready to put the vinyl albums there too. Their price is not the real concerning part for those of us who are living (or trying to) within our means or paycheck to paycheck. It's the cost of buying a record player to play it on.

I also noticed the design on the photo which looks like was taken from an old photo of Alan's from the early-mid '90s when his hair was still longish . . . the lower right side of his face. This made me wonder, if this is indeed a vinyl album, if this is maybe a throwback compilation of his hits from the early to mid '90s. The only other thing I could think of this special announcement would be about is maybe Alan making a scheduled appearance(s) at Las Vegas like Shania Twain and Brooks and Dunn/Reba did and George Strait has been scheduled to do soon. This one is a little doubtful, though. I don't mind at all Alan doing a vinyl album. . .more power to him. . .and I'd probably buy it too. But. . . . . .

BHR

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:38:22 am »

BHR....hopefully we will know soon what the announcement is.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: