Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 06:14:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Murphys, CA concert @ Ironstone  (Read 15203 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:07:45 am »

What an incredible evening.  It started out with flying to Sacramento, then after getting ready at the hotel, driving 1.5 hours down to Murphys. The drive was nice through the country and up into the foothills.  The Ironstone amphitheater is at the Ironstone Winery, beautiful place.  Those of us that had platinum seating were treated very well, like VIP's.  Special parking right next to Alan's trucks and buses. After checking in at the platinum table we were taken to the "music" room to have wine (in real wine glasses, not plastic).  After visiting in this very nice room, the doors opened to a very beautiful dining area. Then came the four course sit down, waited on, dinner.  Very high class!!!  There was two bottles of wine on each table.  The dinner stared with an Ironstone Caesar salad, 2nd course was Coriander marinated lamb skewers with Tarragon white bean salad, 3rd course was NY strip loin with mixed mushrooms, garlic and green onion mashed potatoes and green beans, followed by marbled white and dark chocolate mousse cake and coffee.  I'm not much of a wine drinker but they also had soda and campaign.

After two hours of food and conversation we all went to our seats. I was 5th row, center stage.  A set of twins that had been on "Can You Duet?", Kate and Kacey opened.  They were pretty good but the crowd was there to see Alan for sure.  Alan came out to the music of "Gone Country" and after saying hello and putting his guitar on, he sang GOOD TIME (I was ready this time...LOL)  The people around me were the most excited group I've ever gotten to help me.  They all did a great job.  Alan had on a tan western shirt and those wonderful holey jeans. He seemed to really like the venue and was having a good time.  He threw out a ton of picks, and one landed in my bag.  There was no autographing at the end due to the way the venue is set up and he threw out a lot of picks towards the end.  He really had fun with "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" with the venue being a winery. 

Then the 1.5 hour drive back up to Sacramento and a nice hot bath!!!

Livin' On Love in California
caz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 03:32:23 am »

Thanks for the review Terry sounds lik you had a lovely meal  and great time at the concert just the type of evening out i would enjoy the only thing that would have made that evening better would have been alan joining you for dinner

caz
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:50 am »

Thanks for the review Terry.  I have been anxious to hear how it was.  Sounds wonderful.  Did you go alone?  Like Caz said it would have been wonderful if Alan could have joined you!  Glad you enjoyed it.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:49:57 am »

Enjoyed the review!! But better yet, LOVED hearing about the supper & wine!! Sounds like a different setting from the
"norm" of things and I'm so proud you were there to share w/us.

Okay, now let me go read the other one.
Isn't it wonderful about those "jeans"  Huh

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:02:36 am »

That sounds like my kind of evening.  Of course, I agree Alan at the table would put it over the edge...LOL!!!! I'm glad you had a good time and that the people around you were fun.  Thanks for the great review!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:42:35 am »

WOW! Beautiful memories made!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 12:47:40 pm »

Thanks for a great review, Terry.  That sounds like a really fun evening and to hear Alan sing to top it off makes it perfect!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 01:22:59 pm »

Terry,

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time !!! Your review was AWESOME !!! Sure you will enjoy the Las Vegas show tonight too!!! 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 01:26:45 pm »

Thanks for the tasteful review Terry.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:26:21 pm »

Terry, another great review!  Sounds like a wonderful evening with the dinner & all.  WOW!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »

Thank you so much for the great detailed review.  Oh..so lucky to be able to attend such a nice event.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 06:09:21 pm »

I forgot to mention in the review that there were 7,000 people there, sold out the venue for the first time.

Livin' On Love in California
suem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »

Sounds like my kind of night..............Alan and wine!

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 08:59:51 am »

Great review Terry, thanks for sharing..
The food description makes me hungry!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
LivesbyAJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 04:38:53 pm »

WOW!!! VIP treatment, Food, Wine and AJ!! It couldn't get much better than that! Glad you got to do that Terry!

Judy
Franklin, TN
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: