Alan Jackson
March 19, 2024, 01:32:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ kids  (Read 5213 times)
bradbutner

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:23 pm »

I know this is a totally stupid post... but I'm a 39 year old dad in Mebane, NC.  Is there any way to get a chance for my daughters to meet him?  Dale Earnhardt and Alan Jackson are the two biggest influences in my life.  I met Dale 4 times and have never met Alan.  But my girls just adore him and I want to do something for them, even if I never get to!  Alan is royalty to me and my kiddos!
bradbutner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

i'm trying to figure out if I can take them to the Wilmington show coming up.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35:11 am »

Welcome to the Fan Club Newbie:

The meets and greets have been cancelled for quite some time so I don't think you will be able to accomplish your goal of you or your kids meeting Alan.
I have been attending concerts in the Detroit area for years and one in CT and never got to meet him either.  I'm afraid that is over.  He is so "close" to his audience at concerts that I feel like I've met him anyway.  It would be a source of pride for me too.  I'm 77 years old so never expect that anymore.

Who knows, may they'll do it again one of these days.  Have a wonderful time at his next show that you attend and don't let that spoil it for you.  Alan is wonderful no matter what has been eliminated.  I did get a "green screen" picture at a VIP room in September so I look like I met him.  Heh, Heh.

Good luck and welcome again.

For other questions, you can write to the Fan Club but they can just answer so many questions and we already know there are no meet and greets.

Love from  Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:09 am »

Just adding this to what Alanfan has said. I have just checked the VIP Ticket details from the TOUR page and for the GOOD TIME VIP Ticket, if you can afford it, it includes one onstage group photo op before the show. Now, I don't know if this before his show or before the opening act(s)'s show(s) and before the concert area is openned to all members of the audience, but this might be your only way to get close to Alan and have the same photo opportunity that those who have had a Meet & Greet session with him, myself included [it was actually my autistic son who won the contest and I accompanied him there; lucky me! Smiley], had. I wish you the best of luck.

BHR

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:38 am »

There must be a reason the Meet & Greets have been cancelled. It always concerned me that security was so lax at his concerts. Anyone know?

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
ItsBarbMI

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

It is unfortunate to read that meet and greets aren't available to meet Alan. I am thankful for the two opportunities I've had to meet him. First one was in 2001 during an official fan club meet and greet before his concert in Jackson, MI. I was a nervous wreck and couldn't even eat dinner that night. Alan was so nice and gracious at the meet and greet ...I don't remember much because I was so nervous..although I do remember him thanking me for joining his fan club.  In 2012 Alan was at the local country station for a radio interview. My friend and I had been at the radio station several times so we know where it was. We knew what time the interview was so we went up there early to listen to it on my car radio. There was a limo parked out near the door. So after the interview was over, we went up by the door and waited for Alan to come out. By the time he came out the door, 2 other fans showed up. Alan came out, said hello to us, signed autographs and posed for photos.. Alan continues to impress me with how appreciative he is of is fans.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:23:44 pm by ItsBarbMI » Logged
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:16 pm »

Wow great story. I have been to many of his concerts over the last 25 years and have never been able to meet him either. It has seemed like it though at a couple because we were close and he was talking directly to me and my friends.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: