Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 03:13:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Melanie Wiggins  (Read 10078 times)
CarolD36

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2015, 01:13:19 am »

Melanie Wiggins (Stokes) passed away on December 30th.  Don't know how many fans would remember her but she was an AJ fan for a long time, even won a pair of Alan's signed jeans at a fc party years ago.  A dear sweet lady from Alabama.  Cry

Thought everyone should know and send prayers to her friends and family.

LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:14:05 am »

Oh my what a shock!  She was so nice to me and friendly!  I will remember the kind person she was, always sending me pictures.  I will always keep the pic she sent to me of her and Alan, she will be missed!

Prayers to the family!

May I ask what happened?  Was she sick?

Linda Davis
Massachusetts

LindaLou
CarolD36

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:19:35 pm »

Linda, we don't have all the info yet.  Seems her house burned down the day after Thanksgiving and she was staying in a hotel.  The maid found her Tuesday.  No one seems to know what happened, there is an investigate going on.

She had gotten divorced and took back her maiden name, Stokes, and living in Monroeville, Al.  The fh handling this is Johnson in that city , I'll try to get the link.  You are so right, she was always so kind and sweet.  Can you share the picture?

RIP, Melanie.
CarolD36

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »

Here's the link for all who may be interested.  You can sign the guestbook.  There are a few pictures there too.
(FYI, the date of death is wrong, she was found on Tuesday which is the 30th)

http://www.johnsonfh.org/memsol.cgi?user_id=1489600  

BTW, I think her username here was Little Bit.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:04:56 pm by CarolD36 » Logged
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:13:51 pm »

Carol, thank you so much for posting this and a little of the details you knew. I'm still in quite a shock right now and even more so now after reading your post. I'm one of the girls at the former Cluck Bucket Board and Melanie and I has been close friends although we actually has not met. I actually found out about her death from another lady in our group at the CBB who emailed me thinking I already knew. But I don't have a Facebook account so I didn't. Melanie occasionally sent me pictures too when we were still regularly emailing each other, to include her reunion with her siblings in Sidney, Australia, I believe, and it was my fault that we have lost contact the last 2 or 3 years. I hope no foul play was involved in her death and that she didn't suffer. Carol, I'll be sending you a PM (not sure your email address that I have is still current). . .be watching for it.

May you Rest In Peace, sweet lady, Melanie. You are and will be missed by many, me most especially. Condolences, thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

BHR

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »

Oh My, so sorry to hear that Melanie from Bama has died...I only knew her on this  board but she was a huge Alan Jackson Fan.She seemd like a Dear Heart, so sorry.She sent me messages.
She talked to me a lot on here because my hometown is MS and we are close to ALabama.
Sending Prayers to The Family and Friends who knew and Loved her.
God Bless, Jerrie-HomeTown-MS.

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 06:33:15 pm »

I knew her and we stayed in hotels together a few times going to concerts together.  Very sweet lady and way to young to die.  My prayers and condolences to her family.

Livin' On Love in California
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 07:06:40 pm »

So very sad, no matter what the circumstances were. Prayers to the family & friends.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:53 am »

I meant to comment on this earlier.  I met Melanie in Nashville, one year when Terry and I were there.  Very nice lady.  [/color]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:30:55 am by Luckylady44 » Logged

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

suem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:31 pm »

Oh I am so sorry to hear this.  I remember making her circle picture on here using her pictures of Alan's concert on the lake.   Sad news.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: