Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 10:12:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Special Edition ALERT!  (Read 3058 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

Country Weekly just issued a special edition called "Legends Of Country" and it features Alan, George Jones, Johnny Cash, George Strait and Vince Gill among many others. Thought you all might be interested in this.

http://www.countryweekly.com/newsstand/legends-country-special-issue

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:08:10 pm »

Thanks BHR!! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was like a stroll down Memory Lane! Cool This was when I grew up on the Music of these Great Legends!
Oh ! Those were the Days! I honestly believe that Alan gets better & better( If that is Possible) He is always creative & working on New Music now, I can't wait to hear what he is doing next! It will be Great for sure!

Alan will always be the humble Guy he is and it's so sweet & Charming to his Fans(Like Me) Wink

I have seen most of these Legends in person But I can honestly say, Alan Jackson is the Real Deal...
Of course we loved his friend George Jones too & stilll miss him.
I would love for Alan to sing a Song with James Taylor, I think they would be great together..a Special,
like he did with John Fogerty. Perhaps he will Think about it. James Taylor will be in Jax, not too far off.
I hope we are well to see Alan asap, I miss him so much! His Music is All that keeps me going through difficult times. God Bless Him. Thank again BHR, Jerrie(Hometown-MS)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:10:00 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Duchess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »

I happened to buy the new Legends magazine and was pretty disappointed in it, it just had their picture and a short write up about them, not really worth the money except for being able to read about the really old singers which had interesting info.I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this.We can get the same info about most of them on their web sites.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:17 am »

This special issue of CW is meant to be much like a school yearbook, only, it's a collection of historical tribute or nod to country music artists that had made a difference or contributed to the growth and popularity of country music and it's kind of unique genre, for the lack of better way of putting it. It was not meant to be a regular CW or People magazine type of reading material and why it's also called a collector's item. Sorry you didn't enjoy reading or perusing it.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: