Alan Jackson
April 23, 2024, 08:02:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Article: Alan's CMA Theater Performance  (Read 8947 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:28:57 am »

Thought you all might enjoy reading this as much as I did. Without sounding like a broken record, wish my family and I had been there.

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/alan-jackson-performs-country-music-hall-fame

Additional article: The same one as what's on the HOMEPAGE but with the set/playlist added:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/newsandupdates/posts/12-annual-artist-in-residence-alan-jackson#.VDa4qPldWSp

BHR

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:37:17 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Music44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »

Thanks for sharing these, BHR! Smiley

I am so looking forward to the October 22 show!!!  My 44 year old son is going with me and emails me almost every day to tell me how excited he is to be going to this performance!  Both he  and my daughter are AJ fans, too.  That's part of the success of Alan....several generations enjoy and appreciate his music!!!

Music44
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »

Music44, you're very welcome. Here's another article from people.com (I have been waiting for this; I knew they're going to post a review of the show on their site.) that I'm hoping everyone would see and read. It's a better write up than CW's. I love Alan's sense of humor. The page also have a video clip below the article. . .not from the show itself. . .of Alan talking about his admiration for his fans. Some of you may already seen that video before. . .I have. . .but it's still nice to watch and hear Alan talk about how he admire his fans. Enjoy reading and viewing!

http://www.people.com/article/alan-jackson-country-music-hall-of-fame-performer

BHR

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 09:54:47 am »

More articles links.

From musicrow.com:

http://www.musicrow.com/2014/10/alans-blank-canvas-night-one-at-the-cma-theater/

From cmt.com:

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1731678/alan-jackson-shows-fans-a-good-time-at-country-music-hall-of-fame.jhtml

Enjoy!

BHR
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:11:39 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 04:09:41 pm »

Cheesy  Wow, they mentioned Rachel's doll in the one article!   Thanks for finding that.

We just got back from another day in Nashville. We walked around and listened to many artists singing in different restaurants and just out on the street. We ate at Alan's restaurant for lunch, took a tour of Studio B and saw the Ryman Auditorium.  We went in the Wildhorse Saloon so I could show Matt the stage where Paul and I sang Chattahoochee many years ago at one of Alan's fan club party and won front row seats.  We stopped in front of the Titan's stadium to take a picture too. My menu from the Acme Feed and Seed got wet from the rain so the hostess was kind enough to give me another to take home with me.  I wish we had more time to spend in this incredible city, but we leave for home in the morning! 

I hope everyone coming for the show on the 22nd has as incredible experience as I have had.

Hope
300+ shows and counting

What a Day Yesterday Was!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:49:01 pm »

Hope, you're very welcome. I was hoping you'll see that article. I thought about you and your daughter when I first read it and wondered if that was her doll that was mentioned. Sounds like you and your family had a great time there in Nashville. I envy you all. Have a safe travel back to your home.

BHR

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 02:57:35 pm »

Betty Grant and I went to see A. J. too, had a wonderful time. A crew if of fans ate together at Acme Feed and Seed before we went to see A. J.  We got our pic taken with Monty after the concert.
We only stayed one night but we really had a GOOD TIME.

"Gone Country"  From KY
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 12:36:36 pm »

Left on Tues morning from Ontario, Canada and drove to Nashville to go to the show and it was an amazing show.  Met up with Leah, Allison, Dot, MarJen at Acme Feed&Seed before the show.  Also it was nice to meet  Hootie, who I sat beside at the show.  We were a couple of seats behind Alan's niece and family.  Denise(wife), Dani (daughter) and Cindy (president of AJ fan club) were all there in the stands.  I was hoping to meet up with them but did not get the chance.  But did get to talk to his niece and kids.  His new song coming out "Angels and Alcohol"  I believe is going to be a HIT.  We went to the museum in the morning of show day and got to see all his stuff.  What a collection!  Went to the bars/clubs at night and the next day to experience the life downtown Nashville.  We toured around Franklin, saw Alan's old home, and other famous stars.  Went to Westlawn and Hendersville cemetaries and saw the burial plots of Porter Wagoner, Owen Bradley, George Jones, Tammy Wynette and Roy Orbison's wife and two sons, and Johnny Cash & June Carter.  Went to the Friday night show at Grand Ole Opry and saw Bill Anderson, Jeannie Seely, Lady Antebellum, and the Willis Clan (12 kids from one family. They were on America's Got Talent). We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Resort for our last two nights.  Now that is an amazing resort.  Then on our way home yesterday stopped in Lexington Kentucky to see all the horse farms. They were unbelievable.  Stopped at the Kentucky Horse Park to get a photo of the Secretariat statue, as the jockey Ron Turcotte, was from our area  at Windfield Farms, Oshawa, ON Canada.  He was the jockey when Secretariat won the Triple Crown.  Overall, other than the weather, we had an awesome time on our vacation and met alot of fabulous fans/people and hope to have this experience again.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 10:00:48 am »

I went to the October 8th show also with my hubby.  We drove down from Indy that morning and checked into our hotel. We didn't have much time before the show, except to get some pictures of Alan's truck, etc. We have been to Nashville many times and always enjoy it. Alan's show was unbelievable. It greatly exceeded my expectations. My husband kept encouraging me to go to the stage but I didn't until after the encore when he began signing autographs. That was a highlight! I didn't want to be rude (believe me some people were) and stood quietly until he signed my program. I loved his storytelling before most of his songs and his sense of humor.  What a joy. I feel so blessed that we were able to go.  The following day we toured his exhibit at the museum. There's so much stuff.  It takes a few hours to go through the museum but it is well worth it. I was disappointed that his car was no longer there. It's supposed to be back through the holidays.  The ACME Feed and Seed was really great too. I loved all the refurbished wood and particularly the wall done in press prints on the 2nd floor from the Seed and Feed business. So happy this building was restored.  I wish I would have got tickets for the show on the 22nd too, but my husband may not have been as willing to go a 2nd time in one month. GOOD TIME.  All of you going on the 22nd are in for a treat.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:09 pm »

I'm going to the oct 22nd show hope to meet with AJ  's Fans. So exciting! I will miss my Friend Dot and Maggie.
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 12:03:38 pm »

Alan said during the Oct 8th show that his allergies were a problem...that he had 10 songs
recorded now for the album he thinks will be ready 'early next year!'

Yes, He did ask Denise to signal him to hush up if he was talking too much! LOL
and he pointed to her after 3 songs I think... she was in the mezzanine level to the
left of Sec 3 ( on AJ's right side - our stage left )
I yelled Hello to Cindy as we were all getting ourselves together and leave and she
waved (blindly) to whoever shouted her name. ha

Alan DID point out his nephew's little girl and they put the spotlight on her as she
stood (with such sparkles in her eyes from the light)..and sweetly smiled and waved.
This is Adam Wright's brother's family.

Did anyone catch a tee-shirt? 
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 01:38:29 pm »

I got the first pick Alan threw out.  It fell on the floor next to me.  The person sitting next to me and I kept looking for it.  She actually found it first but gave it to me since we had driven so far to see him and it was for my birthday.

We also got the playlists (2 pages)  and Monty found an extra T-shirt for Matt after the show was over.  THANK YOU MONTY.

I am still catching up here at home but will try to post some kind of review this weekend (after the marching band cavalcade on Saturday).

Hope

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: