Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 07:19:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What a Day Yesterday Was!  (Read 11816 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:20:16 am »

Grin The show last night was incredible!!!!  What a great 55th birthday surprise it was for me.
 Up close and personal. Great music and stories from Alan.  I will try to post a review later.

We are only here in Nashville for a couple more days.  We are going to go see Alan's display later today. We thought we'd go this morning, but the last week of getting Rachel ready to go to China and then driving down here from Philly on practically no sleep has caught up with us.  We made it to Nashville yesterday with only a couple hours to spare before the show started.  Phew!!! 

So back to bed for an hour or so.  If anyone is heading over today, we'll probably be there around lunchtime/early afternoon.  Hope to meet up with some other fan club fans.

Lovin' it here in Nashville!!

Hope 
300+ shows and counting

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

Someday, I hope to go to Nashville but we are still recovering from our big flood and I am too old and too busy to take on any more stuff.

Glad you are having a great time.  I'm jealous!!!!!!!

Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:25:00 am »

Hope, I can't wait to hear/read your review of Alan's show last night at the CMHOF's CMA Theater and your overall experiences with the show and the fans you were able to get together with there. Wish my family and I could have been there or at the Oct. 22nd show. Enjoy Nashville!

BHR

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

Betty Grant and I were at A. J.'s concert last night. A crew of us ate at Acme Feed and Seed before the concert. A. J and the Strayhorn's were awesome as always.
This morning Betty and I went to see Alan's display at the CMHOF, some beautiful things.
Then I headed to KY and Betty headed to IN.

"Gone Country"  From KY
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 08:51:12 pm »

Oh, I WISH we could have met up with you and Betty.  We originally planned to eat at the Feed and Seed, but driving down became really bad Tuesday night because of storms and we had to stop for about 5-6 hours.  We didn't have time to eat there before Alan's concert on Wednesday.  How was the food?

We went to the display around noon today and were there at the CMHOF most of the day.  Kept looking for his 'daddy's radio'.  Finally we found Jeffrey, who was an usher at the show the night before and he was able to show us where it was located.  We are going to do some more 'touristy' things tomorrow, and hopefully check out his restaurant.

Have a safe trip home.  We will start heading home on Saturday.

Hope

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

Betty Grant and I were at A. J.'s concert last night. A crew of us ate at Acme Feed and Seed before the concert. A. J and the Strayhorn's were awesome as always.
This morning Betty and I went to see Alan's display at the CMHOF, some beautiful things.
Then I headed to KY and Betty headed to IN.
Dot!
So happy you got to see Alan & The Strayhorns!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! So happy you got to eat at his new place too! I want to go there later, when we are able to.
I would loved to have been there to see all this & Enjoy and would have, had my husband not have had surgery. I could cry Cry for missing this & meeting more of Alan's Wonderful Fan's

Hope I'm so thrilled you had a great time! Someone please post about your experience seeing Alan, a review
here , if you can. I always enjoy reviews about a Performance & I'm not on Facebook. Let us hear all about this Happening! Thanks! Jerrie(HomeTown MS)

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:25:16 am »

My friend and I (also from IL) traveled down to Nville on Tues. before the 'big day!'
We went thru his exhibit twice... the morning of the concert and also on Sat. where I
took a ton of photos!   

Tell us again where his daddy's radio was in the exhibit area, please.
I have a pic from another time but am not sure I will see it in my mannny pics from this
visit.

We enjoyed a bit of visit with Leah, Dot, Bette and Allison and Anita...some with their
hubs intow! Wink   My friend and I had decided on the spur of the moment to drive down
the Natchez Trace the afternoon of the show. We had a plan and it worked out well,
and reached Jackson Falls which is 40 miles from the Nashville end of the Trace.
I am on fb as Mar Jenn if anyone wants to friend me there and see a few pics of
AJ from the AWEsome show. 2 1/2 hrs of his singing and speaking of stories behind
the songs was outtathisworld!
I met Roger and had my pic taken with him after the show. He had his own loyal
following who yelled their love and perked him up during the show a few times.  Cheesy

Met Ryan before the show and again after the show but didn't bother him for a pic.
Now he can put a face with my fb name.

Opry member Jan Howard was in the 2nd row of Sec 2 and mingled with the fans after
the show at the stage area. She asked if we wanted a pic so of course I was thrilled.

Did anyone here get one of the tee shirts Alan threw to the crowd?
He threw one up to the lower balcony and a woman caught it but nearly fell over the
railing. We all gasped and he did, too. He sd, 'Please don't fall over a railing for a tee shirt!'
He opted out of singing anything bluegrass or gospel.  Of course we all were disappointed,
but we have the music in our own CD collections.

Leah provided a limo to the ACME and back.  My friend and I arrived at the Hall around 4:20
and phoned her and she sent the limo for us.  We had about 45 mins to visit with the AJ fans
but opted out of eating in a rush.  She cranked up the AJ tunes and we heard Chattahoochee and
Summertime Blues was blaring as we arrived.  My IL friend opted out as she had her ticket in
Will Call and had to be there at 5 pm. My one Nville friend who also had a ticket by me was having
a great time with the limo ride.

We had the email about the special posters and other merch being available, so we all scooted outta
the ACME in time to get there for the 5:30 sales.  We had to have our show tix scanned before
we could shop, so we missed out on the red carpet and group pic by the limo, tho.  Once the tix
were scanned we could not leave.

I need to take a pic of the poster..or maybe they will have any leftovers in the fc shop?  Of course,
after next week's show.  There were still some left after the show I heard.

I met Dot for the first time, and Maggie Phelps! and Tammy Cox!  I met Bette again and Allison
and Leah and Anita for the first time.

What a night!  I hope he gets his allergies under control and can match the length of the first show
on the second night!  He left us on a high that we are still experiencing!

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:10 am »

Alan signed by going back and forth the entire stage area 2 1/2 times I think!
I took my program down for signing but he signed posters and those and a boot
and hat and many things. He overworked himself doing this!  He took a poster from
someone on the mezzanine level by just reaching up as a man bent down to get it
to his hands. Wink  I helped two other fans fill the inches of gap btwn their programs
and AJ's...and he signed them both!   
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:53 pm »

Sounds like the October 8 show was fun for many!  I am excited about going to the October22 show....less than a week away...YEA!  Hope AJ 's allergies are better.   I hope to get to the Acme  and spend some time seeing his exhibit at CMHOF...  Will be in Nashville until Sunday, so have tickets for the Ryman on Thursday night, plan to visit some Honky Tonks, and just enjoy Nashville!
Also,  I wish Alan  a very Happy Birthday tomorrow.   Yep, he'll be 56 when I see him Wednesday night!  Can't wait for his new album , but am loving any of his music!!!

Hope I can get a program or something signed!!! 

Music 44
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 01:34:30 pm »

His daddy's radio is in a different area, its not a part of his exhibit.  If you find 'Taylor Swift's bus', (I think its on the second floor), where you can 'record your own song', the radio  is in its own little glass exhibit just before you get to her bus. You can see Alan's hand-written words to Chasin' That Neon Rainbow in there as well.  Huge thrill for us to see that!

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 05:38:02 am »

MarJen, Awesome right up of the show. When never did do the red carpet out of the limo.  We did not have time for it.  It was so nice to meet Leah, MarJen, Dot for the first time.  Allison and I both live in Canada so we have seen each other at a few shows.  His new song that will be on his new album "Angels and Alcohol"  is going to be a hit.  I love it.  Also I got to meet Hootie and her husband.  They were sitting beside me at the show.  I wish I could go to the Oct 22nd show.  I hear there will be some surprises.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 06:04:47 pm »

2 more days, folks... and More Surprises???  Anita,,, I love to hear that.

They need a small cannon type of thing like Brooks and Dunn used to use
at their shows for getting the t-shirts thrown well. Wink

I am all ears waiting for you all to come tell us more about this Wed.'s show...
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »

Thanks, Hope, for sharing the location of Alan's Daddy's radio in the Hall!

That first night was the ultimate!   Just think,,,the fans who saw him in his 'outfit from
the past' as he signed on the 22nd was so much extra fun.

We saw the exhibit in the morning,,,did the Natchez Trace in the afternoon and the
show and meeting the fans all were wonderful memorable experiences for us. 

Alan has awesome fans.
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

I don't get on here very often I need to find the time to interact with all you lovely ladies. My hubby (Kirk) and I were in Nashville from Oct 5 til Oct 11 and attended Alan's show on Oct 8/14, OMG best concert I have ever been to it was not your typical concert by any means.  It was two and a half hours long and I have never seen him speak and interactive with the audience as much as he did that night!!  The concert was 2 months ago today and I am still on a high.  Had my picture taken with Roger, Monty, Ryan and Joey and got to meet some wonderful people from the fan club, and got a very nice christmas ornament given to my by a very special lady Dot!!  I won't go into all the details of the day as Mar has told you all about our limo ride, and us all meeting up for supper at Acme.

Mar you were asking about people catching tshirts at the concert, I was lucky enough to catch one that Alan threw into the audience!!

For anyone that has not met Roger Bob Wills you need to put this on your bucket list, I have met him twice now and he is the most down to earth guy you will ever meet. After the show on Oct 8, he came down into the audience and signed autographs and had his picture taken, when he was done he came over and spoke with Leah, Kirk and I and we talked for ages we ended up being the last four in the theatre and was asked to leave by security as they wanted to also go home!!

Okay better sign off for now, if I am not back on here before Christmas, Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to everyone!!

Allison
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 03:05:06 pm »

Allison, I am so glad we met in person..and rode in the limo together, too.
A friend gave me one of those t-shirts Alan was throwing..he definitely should have
used one of those cannons like other artists use. LOL

I still feel the high of that Oct 8th experience and meeting up with AJ fans!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: