Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 11:57:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan On Tune-In Radio Stream  (Read 6291 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2014, 09:06:00 am »

Sorry to be a little late about this but this will run the whole Labor Day weekend. Listen to Alan and his music in celebration of his 25th year career anniversary. You may/will need to sign in first. I'm listening to the broadcast right now and loving it!!!!!!!!

http://tunein.com/

BHR

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:45:30 pm »

While you're having a wonderful pleasure listening to Alan and his great country music, enjoy reading the articles on the links below (with photos).

http://www.people.com/article/alan-jackson-country-music-hall-of-fame

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/alan-jackson-hosts-reception-his-country-music-hall-fame-exhibit

How beautiful are Alan & Denise's daughter's have grown! Love their family group photo.

BHR
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:50:01 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 01:41:59 pm »

Thanks for the link. We are playing it now.  I am enjoying hearing Alan's comments about the different songs after they finish playing.    Little Bitty is on now!!   Very special song for Rachel and her Bitty Baby.
Hope

What a Day Yesterday Was!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »

You're welcome, Hope! Glad you were having fun listening to Alan. "LIttle Bitty" have a special meaning to me as well, in a way. Before we moved to where we are now currently residing at, my family and I lived in Seattle, WA. A local tv talk show there once had a young boy with Progeria, a genetic disorder causing premature aging, and his mother as guests. The producer of that show must have been informed by the boy and his family about his being a fan of Alan before the segment aired as they gave him a very special surprise at the show. . .they had Alan on the phone. The boy was thrilled but the mom certainly reacted more excited than her son was hearing Alan on the phone. I literally fell off the couch when I heard Alan spoke (I was lying down). LOL! Anyway, the host asked the boy if there was anything he wanted to ask or tell Alan and he said he wanted Alan to sing for him "Little Bitty" and said that it was his favorite song. Alan sweetly gave in to his request and when he got to the chorus the boy sang along with him. Alan then invited them as his special guests to his upcoming show then in Houston, TX and shake his hands. They were both speechless and so happy. This young boy passed away couple of years ago, I believe, and I was saddened when I heard about it. Now, everytime I hear or see Alan sing/perform "Little Bitty", I think about that young boy singing along with Alan and how happy and thrilled he was to even have sang with Alan his favorite song. I'm sure he's looking down from heaven watching Alan perform at his every show and loving it.

BHR

HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:36 am »

Wow, very touching story.  It is wonderful that Alan could do that for him and his mom.  I am sure it meant a lot to both of them.  Thanks for sharing that story.

I think a lot of Alan's younger audience love that song.  It was released when Rachel was very little and she had just gotten a Bitty Baby doll (American girl doll for little girls) as a gift.  She always thought Alan was singing about her Bitty Baby which is why she started bringing Bitty to all his shows.  Little 'Bitty Baby' in a little bitty gown.....   I'd hold Rachel up over my head (can't do that now) and she'd sing and hold her Bitty Baby and usually she'd get on the big screen behind Alan as the 'pretty little girl' in the song.  He has signed her doll many times during encores.  At first he'd sign her clothes, but once Rachel dressed her doll in a 'little bitty WHITE gown' and I think maybe he didn't want to write on it, so he signed her HEAD.  Rachel considered it her Alan tattoo.  LOL   Rachel even had me help her write a note once to Alan, and she took all her birthday money and bought another Bitty Baby doll and wanted to give it to Dani to let her know how much it meant to have her Daddy singing/signing Little Bitty at all his concerts.   When Rachel FINALLY got to meet Alan she said to him 'I'm the Little Bitty Girl'  and he said 'It's Nice to Finally Meet You and you are ALL GROWN UP!"

I also remember watching a Rosie O'Donnell episode once.  Alan had released Everything I Love, the second song off the album after Little Bitty.  He and the Strayhorns were set to play it on her show and she asked them to please sing Little Bitty because (I think this is what she said):  It was her son's favorite song and they sang it in the bathtub every day (<--or something like that).  So they did switch gears and sang Little Bitty.

We saw Alan in Atlantic City last week and got the tickets at the very last minute.  We were 2+ hours from home and Rachel did not have her Bitty baby with her, so it was the first time in about 18 years she went to a concert without her.   However she and Paul did make it to the show in Hershey this past Saturday and she brought Bitty Baby along for that one.

Hope

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:26 am »

Hope, I had been sick (sinusitis) for the past week and wasn't able to respond. I'm recovered some. . .just dealing mostly with coughing now. . .so my apologies. Thank you too for sharing your daughter's story. Alan must have felt real old seeing her all grown up. LOL! I'm sure your daughter will cherish her experiences at Alan's concerts, along with her Little Bitty baby doll, for the rest of her life. I'm so happy for her. . .and you too.

BHR

HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:35:45 am »

Oh, Sinusitis....not fun at all.  I hope you are fully recovered real soon! 

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:52:59 pm »

sure wish I had knownnnn. it is not archived.  wahhhhhhh   LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: