Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 07:48:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George Strait's Final Concert On CMT/CD  (Read 5528 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:23:01 am »

I thought you all might be interested in this. CMT is going to broadcast George Strait's final show of his COWBOY RIDES AWAY farewell tour which Alan was one of his special guest artists. Set your TIVO/DVD for this coming Friday, the 29th of August, at 7pm ET/PT.

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1730217/cmt-will-air-george-straits-final-concert.jhtml

MCA, GS's record label, will also release a 20-track CD, COWBOY RIDES AWAY: LIVE FROM AT&T STADIUM, on Sept. 16.

http://khak.com/george-straits-farewell-concert-will-be-on-cd-and-a-tv-special/

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »

BHR & Beth, Thanks so much for telling about the George Strait Final Concert, I watched it tonight & it was great! I loved Alan and George Singing "Murder On Music Row" and it's to me, so True today. Alan Looked Great as Usual. George seemed pleased with All his Guests and I loved his Comments
about his Past etc.. I think I heard a bit, that he might come back now & then for a show. It's sad for him to stop after all the Hits & Years of doing what he does. I can't Imagine Alan ever doing "what he does" w/o missing it terribly & The Fans.
It was a Great Concert and seeing Alan there made it complete for me, after our not seeing him LIVE for a while.I miss the Big Guy with the Great Voice.

George Strait can't just fade away, he has too many Fans who love him. I have a feeling he will miss
his Fans & performing and be back to do some shows , now & then..I saw him once a while back & he
looked amazing in those "Wranglers".I also saw him in the audience once in Nashville, dressed in western
garb & looking Great! His voice will be remembered & presence for Years to come..I would have loved to hear Alan & George Sing"Country Boy" Just once more time !!! Great Show & Guests!
Congrats and Thank You to Mr. George Strait, for Years of Real Country Music!
God Bless Them All, Jeri (Hometown MS)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:27:52 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

George Strait has a record contract for 5 more albums.
He is not done...  He said this after an awards show in an
interview recently.  He is not giving up his bus...just touring
regularly. 
    Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: