Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 01:25:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan will be Artist in Residence @ CMHOF Oct. 8 & 29  (Read 14444 times)
bb2832

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:23 am »

In the press conference now, it was said that Alan will be the 12th Artist in Residence at the CMA Theatre of the CMHOF October 8th & 29th 2014. Stay tuned for that..He will also have a display beginning August 29th,

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:31:38 pm »

This year it is Alan. YeeHAW!
From the Country Music Hall of Fame (CMHOF) it says:

Artist-in-Residence

Each year, the museum invites a noted artist or musician to give a series of original performances that highlight their career and explore their artistry. Every artist-in-residence has a strong connection to country music or has a sense of country music's contribution to American culture.

Past Artist-In-Residence performers include:
• 2003-Cowboy Jack Clement
• 2004-Earl Scruggs
• 2005-Tom T. Hall
• 2006-Guy Clark
• 2007-Kris Kristofferson
• 2008-Jerry Douglas
• 2009-Vince Gill
•2010-Buddy Miller
•2011-Connie Smith
•2012-Kenny Rogers
•2013-Ricky Skaggs

Read more: Artist-in-Residence - Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum - Nashville, TN
Follow us: @countrymusichof on Twitter | countrymusichof on Facebook

Brenda in Indy
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:45:23 pm »

I really think that with this honor and the exhibit in the HOF Alan will be inducted into the Hall next year. These are really big honors, especially being the artist in residence. I'm so excited and happy for Alan and his family. He deserves the recognition for keeping country music alive!!!
Duchess

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 04:58:49 pm »

I think it is a shame that Alan hasn't been in the Hall Of Fame long ago, he has been carrying the Country Music of old for 25 years, I sometimes wonder if they hold it against him for singing Murder on Music Row with George Strait and then cutting short his song and singing part of George Jones song at the awards ---the big money seems to not liking a person with integrity who stands by his friends.

But it is a crime that they haven't put Hank Williams back also, his music was a big  reason many kept the true country sound.

Everyone has their own taste but I seldom watch the awards shows any more--it is pop music not country.I only watched last night because Alan was getting an award--in fact I worried it might be one of those deals like his Precious Memories award where it was given off camera.

How I wish I could take a trip to Nashville just to see the exhibit but to hear Alan sing would be the frosting on the cake.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 12:10:50 pm »

Duchess,

I agree with you. The awards shows are not what they used to be. Country music is not what it used to be. A bunch of Pop and Rap songs.

Brenda in Indy
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:11:14 pm »

I agree with you bb2832.   Alan just won the Golden Boot Award and Impact Award but no large announcements.    There seems to be a select few artists that get all of the limelight.    Know Alan does not care, but his fans care.   George Strait is partially retiring so Alan needs to fight for true country music alone and we know he will.   Alan will never change.      I am so anxious for a new CD.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »

I agree with you bb2832.   Alan just won the Golden Boot Award and Impact Award but no large announcements.    There seems to be a select few artists that get all of the limelight.    Know Alan does not care, but his fans care.   George Strait is partially retiring so Alan needs to fight for true country music alone and we know he will.   Alan will never change.      I am so anxious for a new CD.
Yes!Alan Has acheived so much in his mere 25 Years. He looks Twenty Five to me, up close..
I have never been so Proud for anyone in my Life! He has done a tremendous work, won Awards , Grammy's,
been all over the world, but mostly his work has stood the test of time and is still just as Popular as it was  ever!He writes from the Heart and hearing his songs , you can almost feel like you know Alan through his Music. I know all your Fans are excited over this "Artist in Residence" @ the CMHOF. crowds will follow!

Alan doesn't need the "limelight" to be Famous. His record of his work has proven what a valuable Artist he is.
Alan Jackson has inspired so many now famous Singers and  he keeps putting out Great work. I admire this man's genius of work & him as a person. Congrats Alan & will see you in the Future and the younger Fans will adore you and be inspired by your Songs too.  His music reminds me of Great writers whose work is Music that ministers to the Soul. It will linger long in our Hearts. Thank You, Thank You! Alan Jackson for All you have Done in music
and how you have touched my Life w/Your Work. God Bless, Jerrie(HomeTown) MS
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:23:06 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 05:50:25 pm »

so very well said Jeri.  Ditto, for sure. Love the man and his music and the way he represents real Country music.

Brenda in Indy
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:59:45 pm »

Huh Shocked Cry Kiss  I can't believe it been 25 years I been following him ...I am growing old with him...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »

Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Kiss Cry Cry                  I can't believe  it been 25years I been following him ..I am growing old with him... Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Huh

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:47:23 am »

Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Kiss Cry Cry                  I can't believe  it been 25years I been following him ..I am growing old with him... Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Huh
Dizzy,
Time flys when you'e having Fun  huh. me too. I am aging w/Alan & that's ok too! He gets better as he
ages, if that's possible. He is more endearing to me hearing his Music and finally meeting him & just his
way he treats his Fans is awesome.I will be a Fan of His FOREVER. I actually love some of his older music  too, sucha s "Monday Morning Church".. The Blues Man""I'll Go On Loving You" is a Great Love Song! Love his fun Songs too. His contribution to Music, has been one of the Best In Country Music. I have enjoyed so many , Many concerts of Alan's, he always leaves us wanting more. He is the same humble savvy Guy and
this makes him endering to all his Fans. Jerrie(Hometwon)MS
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:49:38 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 06:57:05 am »

Still no announcements on tickets for this event. Also I believe the dates are Oct. 8 & 22nd not the 29th.

Brenda in Indy
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »

:)Gosh, I hope he's performing on October 22 at the CMHOF....I'll be in Nashville that week and am staying downtown near there.      I think the number of people the CMHOF venue holds is limited,  isn't it?   Hope I can get tickets  if he performs.....Looking forward to my visit to Nashville and am  excited about seeing AJ's exhibit.   i haven't been to Nashville  in quite a few years.

Music44
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »

Music44. Alan is scheduled for Oct. 22nd. Lucky you.
The 29th was an error. So sorry. I have a room for the 9th but still not seen anything about tickets for either show. There are only 800 seats according to what was said during Alan's big announcement that day. I hope we both get tickets.  Good luck!

Brenda in Indy
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »

Roll Eyes
Need to be on alert for tickets!   We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!

Music44
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: