Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 10:43:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: NO MORE MEET and GREETS  (Read 15225 times)
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

Glad you agree on idea, BHR.  That system is used at Tom Petty's FC.  With your first renewal being year 2, you are considered a legacy member.  Being such, I was emailed a code that would allow me to buy a ticket day one of pre-sale.   No disrespect for Tom of his FC, but the well intentionED $10 discount( for a few days) on membership as he just announced his tour did backfire with crashing the system for a few days to buy or renew.  Lol, wouldn't ya know that this was my time to renew and obtain my legacy status!  Glad to say, they were able to work out the kinks and allow me to renew.

No FC member was eliminated from pre-sale, others got their chance day 2 or 3. I felt so respected for the nod of "status and priority" with a pre-sale. Will call only for this, that is fair.  When I spoke of ID being required prior to a seat, this was an idea of mine, no one that I know of is doing this very simple 2nd step measure prior to being seated before meet and greet or use of pre-sale.  Heck, I am not going to be offended if asked for ID twice, thank you very much for assuring that ticket was not misused.  Tricky though, in that what if you are honestly sick or have an emergency.  Not for meet and greet, but should you not be allowed to sell that ticket to someone you know or even give it away?  Think that there should be a way to somehow forgive this at least once without penalty, or minor one, such as losing your legacy status for a year. 

Tom Petty and band loathe scalpers!  As much as I do too, these parasites only exist because of the people that pay these extortion prices, in many cases.  Plain and simple, if no one was willing to shell out sometimes $500 and much more for tickets, they would be out of business.  Quite upset with those that pay these absurd fees just as much.  I think, if you can afford those high prices, you should be able to easily hire an assistant to make sure you are a FC member and up to date, lol!

Trying to keep with in my fairly respectful de-rail with Tom, I have so much respect for him and band not automatically blocking first 15 rows for VIP only tickets.  Tom's VIP are in about the same $300 (isn) range as AJ's, for a band that can still sell out the largest arenas, that is much lower than other bands of such high status.  With VIP tickets with Tom, perks, but no M&G, but to my  knowledge, he has never done such at concerts, so I am okay with that.

However, unlike a lot of bands that block out the good seats for VIP only, and Tom not doing so, I was able to get a great 7th row seat.  Yikes, had to pay about $150 sans VIP, but almost never do that, this is a real treat for me.  A few days after Fleetwood Mac announced tour, tried to get a seat to the venue in Miami. $180 and up for the few remaining seats in the nosebleed section.  The few seats left that were good were being reserved for VIP in the $600-$800 range.  Sorry, but it felt like I was being spit on, regardless of being a fan since the mid 70's!  Still a fan, but from afar and with memories of the positive vibe of being a fan once was.

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 08:54:25 am »

Ok, AJ fans, I don't think M & G is completely eliminated. If it is any indication, from the ad banner at the homepage and latest issue of the AJFC newsletter (Spring), the only thing that the fan club is not doing or offering anymore is the sign up contest, and to me it is very understandable. I had often wondered how soon before this happens. From my own observation in reading the posts in this forum, there has been fans who actually signed up for M & G even though they didn't even have ticket(s) to Alan's concert and won it, which made it really unfair to those fans who does have the tickets but lost on winning a chance to have a M & G with Alan because some other fan has won it but won't be even be at the concert to use his/her M & G pass. Also, I've seen tickets sold at eBay for such an outrageous price of up to 3 times the actual cost because it included M & G pass. A lot of fan club members have gotten placed in the disadvantage by people like these that made the signing up for what maybe a chance of a lifetime to have a M & G with Alan no longer in the best interest of the members of Alan's fan club.

I think what this is all about now is returning to how it used to be at the early years of Alan's country music career and prior to the start and popularity of the use of the internet. If I remember it correctly, it used to be that the fan club president/office staff used to pick out fan club members randomly. . .without the sign up and, I believe, chosen from those who actually ordered tickets for the concerts from the fan club. . .who will have M & G with Alan. I'm all for that system as it put us all fans in the same level of playing field and luck in winning it or being chosen to win it.

BHR

Oh gosh BHR..I hope you're right..I have ordered my tickets only through the FC..and dreamed of meeting AJ..This would be a fair system..I was at  a show a couple years ago and seen the local radio station DJ taking several of their personal friends backstage to meet AJ..not true fans like ourselves..but the ones I always see in M&G photos from from the radio stations web site..I was so heart broken that as a paying FC member and true fan that I didnt get a M&G and here they were bringing friends backstage..I love hearing FC members meetings with AJ and hope we have a system like this where the people actually going to the show get a chance..

RAY
Duchess

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 08:43:20 am »

I am just wondering if security is the reason for all of the changes, it seems like more people now like to let off steam( drinking) at concerts, I for one can understand, I would give most anything to get to meet Alan but it is hard with these people in line and I feel Alan wants his  fans to be safe also.

As to  meeting him, who wouldn't want, to but if this  is the only way to do  it I will  be sad but understand, I would love a picture of us but not at the expense of someone getting hurt.

It  seems that country stars are either buying or selling so they can live in a gated community, it  is sad but this is what stalking fans have brought us to, I am sure Alan wants his wife and children to feel safe when he is out on the road,anyone of us would want the same thing for our loved ones.

Maybe if they can get security worked out they will have more meet and greets.
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 12:06:32 pm »

In 1991  when he first started and did radio interviews    the radio station where we lived at the time   did call in to get a pass to meet alan  when he was at the station  .  They did only 3 passes  and we got to meet him then   the radio station only allowed   2 people on a pass.  And yes even then wasn't much time   but the station did take the piture for you  with your own camera  not the stations.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »

Sounds like things are changing for whatever reason.  Hate it coz I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Jackson.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »

Sounds like things are changing for whatever reason.  Hate it coz I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Jackson.
Don't give up Now! I'm sure there is an explanation for this.When I went for my M&G
it was in a huge room, roped off areas and one walks down to Alan to talk. There were no drunks etc.I was so excited I made a joke w/Alan & forgot to tell him I Loved his Music and had all his work.we talked a good while as I was almost the last one in line & that was fine. I shall never forget the excitement of meeting
Alan. It will last a Lifetime.He is just so humble & real & savvy too!I was NOT disappointed at all. he is even more handsome up close and so sweet.I have all his Music and some Video's. To me he is one of the Best in Country Music, or The Best in my personal case. I hope You Get to meet him & I hope he is in Florida soon or Nashville! I miss seeing him due to being ill, when he was at Melbourne, FL & lost our tickets, But it's ok!
they were stage tickets too , but those things can't be helped.Good Luck at getting to M&G Alan! Cool
Jerrie(HomeTown) MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »

Such a sweet memory Jeri. Sorry you have been ill & lost your tickets. Yikes. God Bless.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: