Alan Jackson
April 25, 2024, 06:59:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Press conferance June 3  (Read 14089 times)
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:06:18 am »

Has anybody heard about the press conferance Alan has scheduled next Thursday morning at the Hall of Fame?  I saw a few posts on FB about it and googled it. It is scheduled for 9 AM Thursday morning and there is speculation about what it concerns. Some people have suggested it will be to announce his retirement like George Strait, but I don't see that from Alan. People also think it might be a new tour or album or his partnering with the new NASH Icons radio station they are trying to launch for artists post 1989 (a good idea if you ask me).  Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything. This will coincide with CMA Fest, and I noticed in the last newsletter Cindy said they had a lot of exciting things coming up that they couldn't tell us about just yet. I hope it's just something big and great for Alan. He has had a lot of success lately with the gospel and bluegrass albums.
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:42:01 am »

Sorry guys, Thursday is not June 3. I got my days mixed up!  The article I read did say it was scheduled for Thursday though.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »

KentuckyGirlAlanFan, thanks so much for posting this info. Yes, Thursday is actually the 5th. I can't wait to hear what this big announcement is and I do agree with you that this has nothing to do with retiring, as he's way too busy right now with a lot of things in his music career to be suddenly doing that, but could be he's joining the NASH Icons, which will really be great for him. . .and us, his fans, too. Here's the news article I found at musicrow.com:

"Alan Jackson has big news to share next week. The veteran entertainer will host a press conference Thurs., June 5 at 9 AM/CT at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s Ford Theater. The event, timed to coincide with CMA Music Festival, will be live streamed at countrymusichalloffame.org."

I will be watching the streaming of this announcement. Thanks, again, for informing us all here about this.

BHR
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:11:40 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »

Hey fellow Al. Fan.  Thanks for the information.  You are well informed.
Do you know what happened to the ability to buy pre-public tickets to shows from Ticketmaster?  There have been no codes on the websites so you are stuck waiting for regular tickets.  Something is wrong with the info. on the website.

Ticketmaster did not even know there was a show or an advance sale.
Weird.

Alanfan
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 05:34:18 pm »

Could AJ's press conference have anything to do with the newly restored Acme Building that he and some others were planning?   I remember they hoped to have it completed by the CMA Festival.....I look forward to hearing what he has to announce on Thursday.......Hope it's great news for him.....will add to  all the other great things about him!

Thanks for sharing this info!

Music44
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 10:10:05 pm »

Roll Eyes Cry Huh :I am waiting on Alan Thursday.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 10:58:39 pm »

I am too!!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 06:39:08 am »

Wow. Got the invitation to attend but no can do. So excited yet apprehensive to see what it's about.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 07:45:01 am »

Anxious to know what it's all about. Hopefully we can all tune in . This happens so rarely that it gets me wondering and foolishly worrying which does no good but I will try to think positve and whatever the news is we're with you Alan Jackson ! Take Care Everyone !
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:31 am »

I am a bit curios about this special announcement while feeling both anxious and excited about it myself. And without any intent to spoil everyone's excitement. . .my apologies, if I do, I have just read a news article from musicrow.com that maybe what this could be all about. But, then again, Alan is also celebrating his 25th year in the country music career this month. . . .something special maybe going on to celebrate it?!?

Music44, you maybe right, though, about the connection with the ACME building that Alan had partnered with in designing. Can't wait to hear and watch the announcement.

http://www.musicrow.com/2014/06/music-row-vets-to-open-restaurant-this-month/

BHR
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:27:48 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 08:43:52 am »

I told my husband that I thought it was something to do with his 25th year because the tweet handle to listen to the press release is #25AJ......we'll soon find out.

Brenda in Indy
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 11:42:20 am »

yep that hastag might be saying it all!  Hope so!!!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 03:54:21 pm »

I can't wait to see what it's all about.

Brenda in Indy
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 07:25:06 am »

Waiting anxiously for Alan's news conference!!

RAY
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 08:44:04 am »

Waiting for the BIG annoucement, I so hope Alan is going to announce his retirement:(

Allison
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: