Alan Jackson
April 16, 2024, 02:07:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart Cuts Down CDs Sale  (Read 1904 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:56:04 am »

I thought this might be of interest to all of you. Walmart has made an announcement that they're reducing their CDs shelf space 40%. I've been having a bad feeling that only a matter of time and this will happen. Walmart has been sold to the idea of sale by streaming like many other stores that catered to records sale for many number of years has. While I like the idea of being able to buy only the songs/singles that I want rather than the whole album, I'm also compassionate with all the people involved in putting together those albums. . .the artists, songwriters, record labels, publishers,etc. . .on the negative effects music/ video streaming have on their careers and business/livelihood. It will also have a negative effect on music magazines sales as well after all is said and done. Country music artist and legend, Royal Wade Kimes, said it best. Read his comment at the end of the article on the link below (click on SEE MORE at the end to read his whole comment). This is the reason I've been trying so hard not to purchase downloadable music from iTunes and the likes. I'm only doing that with music videos because, especially where we're living at now, it has become harder and harder to find the physical video DVDs at stores anymore and stores that would have them are too far and in between. I guess I will no longer be buying my CDs at Walmart, even if they have them.

http://www.musicrow.com/2014/04/walmart-reportedly-planning-to-reduce-cd-shelf-space/

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: