Alan Jackson
April 16, 2024, 06:03:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger  (Read 15059 times)
Karen4306

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:55:58 am »

Anyone know if Roger is still with the band??
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:06:15 am »

Karen, if you're referring to Roger Wills, I believe he still is with the Strayhorns, one of their remaining original members.

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:24 am »

I don't know if Roger Bob is still with the Strayhorns or not.  I know he said on FB he was looking for a gig! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »

I don't know if Roger Bob is still with the Strayhorns or not.  I know he said on FB he was looking for a gig!  
Sharon hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry to hear this. He is my favorite or one.. He was at the last concert we went to, but I have been in rehab( to walk) hehe. Not for Drugs for sure. Perhaps he is in another band also, like Mark was. I hope, I hope Cry...I sure hope he is still there as a StrayHorn..Yes isn't his name "Bob Wills? I would hate to see him go he is so handsome up close and younger than he looks from the stage..He is just good for the Band. It sure looks like Roger on twitter in El Paso & that was recently Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:21:30 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Someone I am friends with on FB saw Alan last night in Vegas, and Roger wasn't there Angry
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »

Roger posted on his FB page that he is no longer associated with the Alan Jackson organization

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »

Roger posted on his FB page that he is no longer associated with the Alan Jackson organization
TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Girl . I am so happy to see you are ok... I hope you are. I'm not on Facebook. I have missed YOU so much!!!!!!!!hugs... If Roger is Not w/Alan anymore they have lost a
Treasure for sure.. He is so nice & up close looks so young and that smile of his is  Awesome..I wish him the Best and much love for his long time w/Alan,,,,,,, Still can't imagine Roger not being there behind Alan Oh My,, I wish him the Best...

Everyone will be lost without him now & no Mark either. Alan will miss him.
Alan better stay with us. he has that cute fiddle player now..  Cheesy  Roger....I should say "Bob" . that sad news Terry.
You take care & let us hear from you now & then ok..I don't want to leave Alan's Site, lots of nice new Fans now!
Thanks for clearing this up Terry , even if it is sad.. Sad   Take care & Have a nice Easter & Passover.

Thank God we still have Alan( DON"T LEAVE US) Shocked and the wonderful "StrayHorns", things just change but Music & Concert Photo Memories, is forever.....Jerrie
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:50:43 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 03:12:26 pm »

I , like many others, have Roger Bob Wills on my friend list on Facebook and sadly it is true , he said he is no longer with Alan . I would never ask why, I just wish him well whatever he does and wherever he goes. It will seem strange to NOT see him standing there backing up Alan.
CarolD36

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 06:31:27 pm »

It just won't be the same without Roger.  He will be missed.  I wish him well in whatever he does.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:11 am »

I , like many others, have Roger Bob Wills on my friend list on Facebook and sadly it is true , he said he is no longer with Alan . I would never ask why, I just wish him well whatever he does and wherever he goes. It will seem strange to NOT see him standing there backing up Alan.
Beth Thanks.. It's sad but like you, I wish Roger the best, thank God, I got to say hello to him.
Thank goodness for all the photos we have w/his photo in concert..Enjoy Easter next Sunday! Jerrie
PS-so good to have you post, I'm not on Facebook.

Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

I was shocked to see Roger "Bob" post on FB that he is no longer with Alan.  He will be greatly missed as he made himself approachable to the fans.  At a Meet & Greet I was selected for about 3 years ago he came over to the waiting line & passed out guitar picks.  He is so sweet.  I will always appreciate his music & wish him well but AJ concerts won't be quite the same. 
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

That is sad, but the best for him on a new gig!  Sometimes people need a change, no other reason.  Hey I'm looking for a change and working for Alan will do it for me,  Grin

LindaLou
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 01:27:44 pm »

I also am on fb and have Roger Bob as a friend there.  One other fan ran into him last wkend on 2nd Ave and they had their pic made together and I'm guessing he approved her sharing it as he LIKEd it. He looks great! Sure will miss him
and
glad that I finally met him here in IL in Nov. of '12. He and Tom and Mark were always so good to AJ's (and their) fans!

Just renewed my mship today...and glad to see some familiar people are here and posting!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »

I also am on fb and have Roger Bob as a friend there.  One other fan ran into him last wkend on 2nd Ave and they had their pic made together and I'm guessing he approved her sharing it as he LIKEd it. He looks great! Sure will miss him and glad that I finally met him here in IL in Nov. of '12. He and Tom and Mark were always so good to AJ's (and their) fans!
 Just renewed my mship today...and glad to see some familiar people are here and posting!

Hi!So Great to see Anyone who used to post here! Hello! I'm Jeri. I remember you!!! Great to see you posting here ! I am so happy when I had my photo made with Alan for my M & G I saw and said Hello to Roger or Bob, He said hello and his smile was awesome..He looks so much younger up close..
So glad you met him before he is gone..Meeting Alan was the Best Day of my Life... well maybe next to being
confirmed..lol. I was in Heaven for a Moment..I also met monty thanks to Terry. he is super nice.
Thanks for sharing and it is Great to see you posting.. we need to vote for Alan's Video..
You may not remember me, Take care & enjoy the upcoming Easter..
My Regards, Jerrie from(HomeTown) MS
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:25:16 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »

So sad Roger is no longer with The Strayhorns..I met him last year and he came right up to me and said Hi Ray..I was shocked he knew my name..but being friends on FB he knew who I was..he even thanked me for being his friend..he was so nice and we talked a few minutes..he called Ryan over to and he took a pic with me and than Roger took a pic of me and Ryan..I will truly miss Roger..after the show he saw me again and came up and we talked a few minutes and he signed my ticket voucher and gave me some guitar picks..I have never been fortunate enough to be chosen for a meet and greet with Alan..but I was walking on clouds that night..he will truly be missed from the Strayhorns..and wish him nothing but the best..Can't wait to see Alan on Aug.9th at Mohegan Sun..already put in for a M&G and hoping I am picked this time as that will be my ultimate treasure of being a fan of Alans for over 20 some years!!

RAY
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: