Alan Jackson
April 25, 2024, 08:35:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan at Seaworld  (Read 13077 times)
BETTY

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 03:05:17 am »

Any one going to see ALAN at Seaworld? I wish i had know early.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:27 am »

I can't even find Alan at SeaWorld.  No I did not know.  But I live in MI so would not be going anyhow.  I wish he would come back to MI soon or at least during 2014.

Wish I could be more helpful.  Call the fanclub office.  When is this concert?

Alanfan
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:10 am »

AJ will be at SeaWorld this weekend(Saturday).  Kid Rock is there on Sunday, I think.  These two were just recently scheduled.   Evidently,  several previously scheduled performers dropped out because of controversy over animal treatment .....they were being pressured from activists......As much as Alan appears to like animals and with his sensitive side, He would NOT support mistreatment of animals.   We also know he has  "backbone"  and will not be influenced too much by pressure....... I don't think some of the performers who canceled out wanted to get involved in the controversy....  anyway, that's what I 've been reading.......Wish This was not such short notice. I'd  be in Orlando to see and hear Alan!

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:54 pm »

I will be going - have an annual pass for seaworld !  Glad the weather is going to be warmer.YEEHAW, 
Betty, come on down and get warm I can get you a discounted ticket.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 03:33:47 pm »

I am very much surprised that Alan signed on to perform at Seaworld, if it is true. And just my opinion here, it will also be disappointing for me if he does perform there. While it's true that some music artists backed out of their commitment to perform there, it was not all from pressure from activist(s) group(s) or wanting no involvement with any controversy. For the most part, it's more about their own personal stance on the said controversy as dictated by their love and care for animals, the controversy which started at CNN's showing of a documentary relating the deaths of trainers of whales and dolphins at Seaworld and shining light on the treatments these sea animals are supposedly receiving under captivity and training by their handlers, which Seaworld official(s) vehemently denied to be true. I only saw clips of it and I found it a bit disturbing. Having backbone on controversies or not, I hope Alan think twice before he accepts doing performance there this weekend, if he hasn't already. The Seaworld folks are grasping for straws now to get their planned and scheduled festivities to actually still happen. Again, this is just my own opinion.

BHR

Music44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

Having visited SeaWorld only twice and certainly not being a part of that "world",  I do not know firsthand about the treatment or "mistreatment" of their animals.  I am aware that  there was a documentary about this and  the deaths of trainers.... and I have read about the resulting controversy,   I do not believe in the mistreatment of animals, nor do I think AJ does.  I trust that Alan Jackson will make his decision based on what he believes......which could mean he will perform......or he will  drop out!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 11:57:05 pm »

Sure am sorry I will miss him....but I am going out of town ....rats....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:46 pm »

Sure am sorry I will miss him....but I am going out of town ....rats....
Dizzy, so sorry..My daughter is there, only for one day & night w/her daughter, but I didn't know she was going.

I'm ill anyway. I'm so sorry l can't see Alan & the StrayHorns when they so close Cry

I doubt there is any mistreatment and Alan will be there hopefully! Louann Enjoy it!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:20:24 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

if I were closer for Alan Jackson's performance  at SeaWorld, I would be there.   Hope lots of fans show up for his performance and everything goes well! 
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 08:20:31 am »

AWESOME !!!!!  The day started a little damp, ws overcast most of day - so it wasn't HOT.  Right before show
time it started raining, stopped about 5 minutes after ALAN came on, and a rainbow appeared behind him. How cool is that.!   Wink We got the VIP LUNCH/PERFERRED SEATING - got 3rd row to Alan's left.  My 7 year old neice threw a friendship braclet on stage while AJ was doing a song, when he got finished he reached down and picked it up and put it on his wrist - wore it for the whole show.  threw her a Tshirt and a pick.  She was so excited !  I got a playlist for her from Ryan.  When AJ started singing WHERE I COME FROM - it started raining again, for  about 5 minutes, maybe because the show was ending.  It was a great Spur of the Moment event,
had a blast.   Cry

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:28 pm »

That sounds great......what a nice gesture for AJ to wear your niece's  bracelet during show.....Wish I could have been there.  i watched some videos of some of his performance on You Tube ......Alan always puts on good concert!!!
Am glad he performed and many people had opportunity to experience his show.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 03:34:58 pm »

AWESOME !!!!!  The day started a little damp, ws overcast most of day - so it wasn't HOT.  Right before show
time it started raining, stopped about 5 minutes after ALAN came on, and a rainbow appeared behind him. How cool is that.!   Wink We got the VIP LUNCH/PERFERRED SEATING - got 3rd row to Alan's left.  My 7 year old neice threw a friendship braclet on stage while AJ was doing a song, when he got finished he reached down and picked it up and put it on his wrist - wore it for the whole show.  threw her a Tshirt and a pick.  She was so excited !  I got a playlist for her from Ryan.  When AJ started singing WHERE I COME FROM - it started raining again, for  about 5 minutes, maybe because the show was ending.  It was a great Spur of the Moment event,
had a blast.   Cry
What a nice gesture for Alan to do for your neice! Isn't he just THE Best! Wink The Rainbow , what a wonderful
thing to happen! Sounds like you got great seating too, so happy for youall Louann. The rain at the end of the show " was the angels crying" Cry as the old adage goes.
My daughter called to tell me "I know exactly where Alan Jackson is performing and i can tell you how to get there", It saddened me so much to be so close & be ill. She would have gone to the show, but she had to work. Just glad a Fan from here, got to see him and tell us about the Show, Thanks so much ! Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 08:54:21 pm »

Jeri hope you are  feeling much better  and sorry you didn't get to go to the show with it being so close...Hope to hear you are feeling better now...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 10:51:37 am »

Louann, glad you had a good time at Sea World.  Wish I could have gone down to see him.  Glad your niece had such a special treat also!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 02:36:42 pm »

Alan is a man of his word and convictions just like when he sang "Voices" for George Jones at the CMA's years ago.  Alan would NOT support animal cruelty and I think he is going to draw attention to the fact that they are NOT cruel to animals or trainers.  His presence would say a lot about that.

He simply supports good causes and maybe they will have more money to do a higher class job helping their employees and animals.  Accidents do happen for those who doubt it.  I admire Alan for keeping to his convictions.
Glad he wore the bracelet.  I got a shirt and a pick at a concert at The Palace of Auburn Hills.  I was in HEAVEN!!!  That's wonderful of him to be so personal with people.  He's such a good man.

Alanfan

Alanfan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: