Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 02:39:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another loss to the Music Field  (Read 2477 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »

My Condolences to the Family of Phil Everly. I loved their music growing up in that Era..
This clip was on GAC.

QUOTE-
Great American Country extends condolences to the family, friends and fans of Phil Everly, who died January 3 at the age of 74 from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Recording with his brother Don as the Everly Brothers, the duo topped the country, pop and R&B charts in their decades-long career. Their hits include “Bye Bye Love,” “All I Have To Do Is Dream,” “Wake Up Little Susie,” “When Will I Be Loved” and “Let It Be Me.” They are members of both the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

“We are absolutely heartbroken,” Everly’s wife Patti told the Los Angeles Times, adding the disease was the result of a lifetime of cigarette smoking. “He fought long and hard,” she said.

Billboard magazine reports Don released this statement on his brother’s passing:

"I loved my brother very much. I always thought I’d be the one to go first. I was listening to one of my favorite songs that Phil wrote and had an extreme emotional moment just before I got the news of his passing. I took that as a special spiritual message from Phil saying good-bye. Our love was and will always be deeper than any earthly differences we might have had. The world might be mourning an Everly Brother, but I’m mourning my brother Phil Everly. My wife Adela and I are touched by all the tributes we’re seeing for Phil and we thank you for allowing us to grieve in private at this incredibly difficult time."
Unquote

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:32:13 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:51 am »

i also liked the music by the Everly Brothers...saw them in concert only once...when I was in college.....they were also young....
My condolences to Phil Everly's family.
Thanks for sharing the news of his death.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »

Yes I heard about Phil Everly on the TV.  I really liked them when I was younger.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: