Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 08:36:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan at the Ryman - March 2014?  (Read 8381 times)
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2014, 05:38:51 pm »

Last year I flew down from Boston to attend the charity concert at the Ryman that benefits the Color Rectal charity Denise (and Alan) are involved in.   I think he holds it every year & I'm planning to go again.   Hope they announce the date soon! 

Fingers crossed!   

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:41:02 pm »

Would love to attend this  if he does it again...Will certainly be looking for the date!   Appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »

If I see it and you miss it, I'll send you a message (and vice versa, please).   I think they released the date in January.  I remember taking the day off of work so I could log on and get tix. 

I lost my job after 15 years and need to look for a new one.  I'd like to know when the concert is so I can tell prosepctive employers I need the time off to go to Nashville.   This work stuff is really interfering with my life!  haha!

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:16:03 pm »

Thanks for noting this. I hope your job  goes well for you in 2014

I hope this happens again. we drove there  for the last one.. It was Great! a whole concert & the money went to the CR Cancer  Fund.

* Photos below, not too clear but perhaps you can enjoy seeing Alan , "Nisey" & Craig Campbell;
"The Blue Note Fund"..http://s796.photobucket.com/user/LairdMs-2/story/10067?evt=email_share

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »

Nice!  Thanks for posting the photos.  I still haven't posted mine yet.

Hopefully they'll announce soon if he's going to hold the show again this year.   Last year my friend and I spent time in Nashville and drove to Memphis to visit Graceland and Sun Studios.  It was an awesome trip and I have a few things I still want to do due to time constraints last time.   Can't wait!

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »

Boston,
I could be wrong but I think last year was the first time A. J. had done the show for colon cancer at the Ryman. If he had I would have been there, unless I miss seeing it on the tour page. If he does it again I certainly want to go again. It was for a good cause and it was also a marvelous concert. Let me know if you hear about it. Thanks,

"Gone Country"  From KY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

Looks like you're probably right.  I read that it was the 5th annual benefit concert so I assumed Alan performed at it every year.   Hopefully he does again this year. 

The article I read was dated January 17, 2013 so I'm assuming if he decides to host it again this year, the announcement will be soon.  Fingers crossed.... Smiley

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 01:45:26 pm »

Fingers crossed!!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »

it would be a thrill to see that concert but I am semi-handicapped and flying takes a wheel chair waiting for the flight and it's probably more than I can afford if I could negotiate it. 

I am jealous of those of you who can go.  Give us a great review please!
Enjoy it.  Alan is always so GREAT!!!!!

Alanfan
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 12:37:57 pm »

I thought they have it every year but maybe  different performers   every year

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:56 am »

I think they have different performers every year.  That was a great concert!  Had fun with Dot and Betty and friends. Dee you and Bill were there weren't you?

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:39 am »

Yes   Deb and Bill went to the concert at the  Ryman   last March.   It was cold weather.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: