Alan Jackson
April 20, 2024, 11:22:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Years  (Read 10296 times)
BETTY

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:37:14 am »

Happy News Years to all AJ's Family and Fans.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »

Happy New Year     All are fine here.        Just cold weather  is here to stay.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To Alan and Family, Staff & The Strayhorns!! Kiss

A Special Happy New Year to ALL Alan Jackson Fans
I have met some of the Best Fans in The World, from here! Cool

Jerrie from Mississippi Originally

Blessings for a Happy Healthy New 2014 To All of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 01:31:54 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »

Happy New Year to everyone from Boston, Massachusetts!  Have a safe and healthy 2014. 

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:35:53 am »

Happy New Year Y'all! 

Waiting to get rid of this cold, cough etc. I have had since before Christmas!  Been to the dr. twice!!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

We spent the later part of the Holidays visiting my hubby's parents and brother and family. Just got done putting away the Christmas decors. We're freezing here now. . .the cold temp finally reached us. We're in the teens right now and will even go lower tomorrow morning before it starts going up a little again in the early afternoon. All schools were close today and will be again tomorrow. Those of you experiencing this cold/freezing temps too. . .and having snow also. . .stay safe and warm.

Sharon,sorry to hear you're not well. Hope you're feeling and getting better. We're visiting my sister and my hubby's sister in Charleston this coming MLK long holiday weekend. Hope it gets warmer then and we get good weather to travel.

Hello, Jerrie, Bostonhonkytonk, Dee and Betty!

Take care, everyone.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

AJ Fans can you believe it is really cold brrrrrrr in Sunny Florida  Cheesy

All of you take care w/these cold temperatures all over. Stay warm & Safe!
My son in Nashville sent me photos of the children, in snow YO!

Sharon I have had a cold since Christmas too, You take care. My asthma is acting up also.
You who have a fireplace also, is very lucky. My son does, but we opted out, being FL is so warm Roll Eyes
sure  Huh The weather has really been weird lately, all over.
Get well soon Sharon and all of You Fans Stay safe..Jerrie
PS-BHR, so happy you enjoyed your Holiday w/Family! Nice to have you back posting!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 12:46:05 pm »

cold in Arkansas    we had the single  digits here to.    Schools started back January 6th here,, even with the single digits  they were back to school.        Today is the first day out of the single digits    well be in the 20s today.    now we are to have rain and sleet.     all fine here  no water   freeze ups   with the cold weather.            Take care  especially those on the east coast  with all the snow and the artic freeze.       take care    Happy new  year

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 01:29:36 am »

Finally warming up in SC!  Still staying in with this cold and cough. 

No freeze up here either, it got down to 8 deg. the other night and the high was 14!  Glad the weather is warmer, even if the rain came with it.  Sunny Sunday through Monday with highs in the 50's and 60's.  Yippee!

So disappointed, Southwest Airlines is discontinued the flights to Nashville from GSP (Greenville).  It was so convenient and inexpensive.  Also, they stopped the Orlando flights.  Guess they weren't making enough money on them.  Drats.

Thank you for the get well wishes Jeri.  Hope you're better too.  Would love to be in So. FL.  No plans in my future though.

BHR, hope the weather is warm for you in Charleston in Feb.  Love that city.  We're only 2 hrs. away for there.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:47:01 am »

warming up in Arkansas after a little rain.   To be in the 50s the next few days   so now can turn down the heat after those single digits and teens we had.         Everyone have a nice day .

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 10:52:52 am »

still cold here in 30s days   and 20s nights    all fine no flu here but it is going around.          Take care   have a nice day

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 12:15:29 pm »

well back to the cold and single digits   was 10 this morning;     All in the east  coast  and everyone with all that snow and freezing weather    take care.    Hope everyone has nice weather soon.     Take care with all the flu.     See a lot of states in the south having    cold to that they are not used to.

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 10:59:15 am »

All the people in Atlanta  and Georgia in the ice and snow hope you got home safely.           Florida   that got some freezing rain and ice   hope your weather warms up soon.   

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:56 pm »

All the people in Atlanta and Georgia in the ice and snow hope you got home safely. Florida that got some freezing rain and ice hope your weather warms up soon.   

Thank you, Dee. Appreciate this. We live in the suburb of Atlanta. . .Alan's hometown. . .and got more snow than we expected. My family and I are used to just getting light snow when a winter storm is predicted (at least that's how it's been from the time we moved here in 2009) that this one caught us a bit off guard. Both my husband and son were off from work yesterday and and their workplaces opened later this morning than usual. We got almost 3 inches of snow but that was not the major problem driving on our roads. With the temperature dipping down to 8, 9, 10 degrees (F) overnight though early this morning statewide and with still lots of snow on the ground, the roads got very icy and, therefore, slick and dangerous to be driving on. As you all probably seen on the news, there were lots of cars left stranded on the highways and there were also reports of students who stayed at schools overnight because their parents could not pick them up with the weather and driving condition as such. When the storm hit, my son was one of those who got stuck in the traffic gridlock but was lucky enough to get out of it and got home safe. His 45 minutes to an hour normal drive home time turned to a little more than 3 hours. Our temp now is back up to 36 degrees (F).

The problem: Our state governor and, apparently, the mayor of Atlanta and law enforcement officials relied on the information the National Weather Service were feeding them in monitoring whether the storm will hit Georgia or not and how bad it will be if it does. While the NWS has sounded off precautionary word of alert that it might indeed hit Georgia, the state governor did nothing to prepare for it. Schools, churches, businesses and federal/state/city government offices and workplaces were required or allowed to remain open Tuesday, the day the storm was predicted to possibly hit if it does and the roads were not applied sand/salt mix deicer to prepare for it either. By around 11 o'clock in the morning the snow started coming down and everyone were told to go home and businesses and offices to close. So it's no wonder the gridlock happened with cars getting abandoned in number of places and children getting stranded at schools. How incredibly dumb is that? Then they started pouring the sand after the snow has started accumulating on the ground and eventually ran short of it (the parking lot in our apartment complex was only partly deiced because our manager couldn't find anymore bags of sand to purchase anywhere here). Then there's also the non-availability of snow tires and or tires chain here in Georgia. Also, add to that, the ever lack of enough snow plow truck to go around. Well, Atlanta has just become a fodder of late night talk shows hosts and by some Northeasterners, it would seems (no offend intended), just by reading comments by CNN viewers and readers at cnn.com.

Stay warm and safe, everyone.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: