Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 09:00:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George Jones Tribute Concert in Nashville  (Read 6723 times)
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »

Anyone know if they're gonna be filming this to be aired later on television?  Hope so.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

don't think so

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:47:18 am »

I won't say that it wouldn't be. . .just yet. I'm wishing and hoping, though, that they will release it on DVD and I will certainly be one of the first few or many to purchase it. I've started a collection of George Jones' music CDs and this will be a great addition to it and probably will be watching it over and over.  Meanwhile, below are some links to articles about and photos taken during the tribute show last Friday. Wish I could have been there.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2013/11/22/stars-remember-george-jones-at-nashville-tribute-concert/

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1718005/george-jones-tribute-concert-brings-out-country-music-titans.jhtml

http://www.gactv.com/gac/home/article/0,3013,GAC_26057_6068592_01,00.html

BHR
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:22:36 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 12:26:04 pm »

Thanks for the links! Cheesy

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:51 pm »

BHR, Thanks for the Links. Alan called "Nancy"onstage I guess,George as Alan refered to as "King of Country Music". This was from years ago, the man who influenced Alan, I'm sure.Sounds like hundreds were at the Show. I would have been there for sure, if I could have. The
Bridgestone was a great place to have so many Singers. It is huge and we saw a huge list of Country Singers w/Alan there once. It blew me away to see so many Singers together.It was the "All For The Hall" Concert.

I'm sure, while this was sad in part, it was also stories of Great times among the Singers. RIP Mr. George Jones.His career spanned for Years and his Legacy and Music will Endure. Cry

Alan's shoulder seemd to bring comfort to "Nancy". Alan didn't know it but I leaned on him during my Meet & Greet, my Mom passsed away the following days. It gave me such comfort. I wish Alan knew this.
His Music ministers to the Soul.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:44:14 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 06:23:24 pm »

I'm sure it was a great tribute......And, I agree with Jeri.....Alan's shoulder  was probably a great comfort for Nancy .  He and his music have brought comfort to many....It has been a great source of comfort for me!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

Just found the performances setlist of the George Jones Tribute show. Here's the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/11/23/george-jones-tribute-concert/3684551/

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:13:12 am »

Thanks BHR!  I sure would have loved to have been there. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »

Thanks BHR!  I sure would have loved to have been there. 
Me Too BHR! I noted they saved the BEST for last. Smiley

I'm sure "Nancy" was very  touched, to see so many there that admired and Loved George.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:36 pm »

I hoped they taped it and will play it later. I saw some highlights from the show over the weekend. Of course, they showed Alan singing at the end, and Nancy by his side.. Love it.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: