Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 09:00:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CMA Tribute  (Read 6227 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:18:05 pm »

I really was touched by the CMA Tribute with Alan Jackson and Mr Strait  doing a Song of
The Late and a Great Legend George Jones. So happy to see his  "Nancy" there also.Alan seemd to tear up
while Singing this Tribute.

I wish they had taken the time for Alan to sing the Song he wrote for George Jones.Surely it would have been  more proper than the "Rock Songs" & showed some respect.Such as "Blue Side Of Heaven" written by Alan Jackson.Tt has been  said it was "a great Comfort to Nancy, Georges' wife".. a shame that it wasn't included , my opinon only. Sad
With Respect, Jerrie from MS Country
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:22:24 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »

Jeri, I agree with everything you said. I think Alan's and George Strait's tribute performance is just about the only REAL country in there and it's a shame. I recorded the show in our DVR to watch the next day and while I was setting it up, along with the info about the show were these warnings:

S- Some Sexual Situations
L- Infrequent Coarse Language
D- Some Suggestive Dialogue

I told my hubby, is this a country music award show they'll be airing or an "R" rated movie? Suffice to say, I fast forwarded it to Alan's and George's performance and didn't bother to watch the whole show. I was also hoping that they would have Alan do "Blue Side Of Heaven". The people who watched the show missed out on a great tribute song to the late country legend, George Jones, that Alan wrote and recorded.

BHR

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:17:32 pm »

The cma awards show was good.           Enjoyed Alan and George Straits  tribute to George Jones.      That was a special part of the show.     And George  Strait for getting entertainer of the year,,well deserved  for all his songs,,and saying after done touring is still going to make music.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »

I agree, Jeri!    Alan and George were best part of show.....should have heard more from those  two greats!!!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 12:10:36 pm »

I enjoyed it, too, but felt Alan didn't get enough camera time. 

Wish I was going to be attending the George Jones tribute concert this month.  It's gonna be really special, I'm sure.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

Definitely not the country I grew up on. Alan and George were definitely the highlight for me.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:57:38 am »

You are definitely right all the way.  There is no country music anymore and Alan gets NO camera time at all.  They should have allowed the song he wrote for George Jones.  You are very observing.
Thanks for writing your note.  Others surely will agree with you.

Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:59:15 pm »

You are definitely right all the way.  There is no country music anymore and Alan gets NO camera time at all.  They should have allowed the song he wrote for George Jones.  You are very observing.
Thanks for writing your note.  Others surely will agree with you.

Alanfan

You're welcome and thank you, too, for your kind words. I did noticed also that they focused the camera a lot on George Strait. . .even close up shots. . .but hardly on Alan, you're right. I miss the '80s and the '90s, for sure.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: