Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:19:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: november  (Read 10336 times)
dee572

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:11 am »

Remember to set the clocks back  for the states that have the fall back.          November has been nice cool mornings now.       Halloween  was nice it stopped raining here in the afternoon   so by six that evening  was nice for the kids.    Had about 50 kids come to the door    .          Enjoying the bluegrass album  and the videos.      Have a nice day.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:27:38 am »

November has been nice so far  cool mornings  and nice weather.   We see the tour page adding tours,, we hope we can travel to some this year.    Everyone have a nice day and enjoy the fall weather.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:00 pm »

Dee, thanks for starting the November thread. I'm pretty sure some of the rest of the fans regularly posting here will come back. WOW! Fifty kids stopped by your house for Halloween treats and only two did at our house this time. Of course, we have had number of neighbors with kids that has moved out of our apartment complex the last 3 months or so. That probably would explain that.

I'm doing a last minute packing right now. Today is my Mom-in-law's birthday so my hubby decided to spend the long holiday weekend with them and we're leaving early tomorrow morning. He claims he told me about this plan of his last week, but, I don't remember it though. Smiley

You have a good weekend, Dee. And a great weekend to everyone else here. Salute to all the military veterans and their family.

BHR

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:12 pm »

Happy Veterans  Day to everyone .    All military and veterans  look around your area there is a lot of restaurants  showing there respect .             Happy  Veterans  Day   November 11th

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

Happy Veteran's Day to all military personnel! 
November has seen most of our leaves dropping and some cold nights, but no snow yet by me.  I've made quite a dent in my Christmas shopping and want to get it done before the snow does fly so I'm working hard at accomplishing that.
BHR - have a safe trip to visit your mother-in-law. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:43 pm »

I hope Everyone is having a nice Veterans Day. Thank You to ALL Veterans out there who served & are  those now serving. We salute you~

I just noted Alan will be in Florida next year, but I can't go to outdoor Concerts. unless they are covered, such as an Amphitheatre  in St Augustine. So disappointed, but maybe we can see him later..I have asthma
and it rears it's ugly head again, as I get older. beautiful sunny day today! so Thank God for these special times.

I hope BHR , you have heard from your relatives in the storm by now. I heard USA ships are headed that way to help, as my husband did once when he was in the military. I am so proud of the Guys & Ladies who do so much for others. Our Country is always good to help out others in need.

The Holidays will be here before we know it! Jerrie from MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Snow today - about an inch on the grass & rooftops.  Really cold tomorrow!   YUCK!

Kathy

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

We just got home, back from our visit with my in-laws. We took them at the Veterans Park nearby their home, saw my FIL's name on the list of World War II veterans and it was somewhat emotional. We also got to witness the Veterans Day ceremony held there. All in all, the visit has been good, for them and for us.

Kathy, thanks for the safe trip wishes. Appreciate it. I'm not looking forward to winter weather. . .yet. Keep the snow there for awhile. Smiley Stay safe and warm. We're finally feeling the chill here too. Brrrrr....

Jerie, I have not heard from any members of my family there yet. However, the worst of the storm actually missed their area, according to their local news reports, but they're experiencing heavy downpour and flooding in the aftermath. I imagine they're also experiencing power outages. Thanks for your concerns. . .and thoughts and prayers too.

Nelle and Harriet, if both of you are reading this, you are both missed here. Do come back.

Take care everyone!

BHR

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 01:29:44 pm »

cool nights here now.   Had some rain over the weekend.    Has anyone got the new calendar in the mail yet?      I guess we  well get it in December.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »

Prayers going out to all the people affected by the tornadoes in the Midwest. 
We had the sirens going off on Sunday morning, but not too much activity where I live aside from a lot of wind and some rain.  The Bears / Ravens game was delayed about 2 hrs because of the storms going through Chicago.  Very unusual weather for November - it was 68deg on Sunday morning and then dropped about 20 deg by the afternoon.  Not a fun day.

Kathy

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:22 pm »

BHR, sounds like you had a nice visit and the memorial was touching..My mom's twin sister's husband was killed in World War II and he was brought home for burial. She worked on airplanes, while he was away, another "Rosie the Riveter, She never remarried. It was told at her funeral.

I never knew how much the Wall for the Vietnam Vets meant until we visited it, this was during the draft & they didn't get the good welcome home etc..As my husband and I visited it a while back with our children, it brought tears to my eyes to see how young those who died were.I remarked to my husband, "Honey I'm just glad your Name isn't on here" & we literally wept..w/our children. I never expected this to happen but
it was touching for our Family, so emotional.

Nelle and Harriet, I do hope you both are well and you are missed so very much. Take care to All.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:35 am »

Hi Y'all!
Less than a week to Thanksgiving and I'm now getting on the board for the first time for November. 

Glad everyone had a nice Veteran's Day and hope each has a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Just wanted to say "Hi".

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »

Hi we had a lot of rain here  yesterday but no storms.    Weather is getting colder to be in the 20s they say on Monday.           Yes prayers for all the ones in the Midwest that had those terrible tornadoes   I saw on tv.    Hope the  members here that live in those areas are safe.            Happy  Thanksgiving  to everyone.

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

Will be away from the computer for the next week -  HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.  Be safe if you are traveling.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 10:12:16 am »

Will be away from the computer for the next week -  HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.  Be safe if you are traveling.
Lou , so glad to say hello! I extended my wishes for All you Alan Jackson Fans to have
a wonderful & Happy Thanksgiving , also!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: