Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 10:43:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: My oberservations on Alan's Carnegie Hall Show - SUPERB!  (Read 14479 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 10:55:30 am »

Jinx Yes, As You said it was for the 80 Anniversary Of The GOO-Nov 14/2005. I have the tape..of the Best In Country Music , All members of the GRAND OLE OPRY- It featured  Stage order- Trace Adkins-Jimmy Dickens-Martina McBride-Martina McBride-Brad Paisley-Charlie Pride-Trish Yearwood-Bill Anderson-Ricky Scaggs-ALAN JACKSON-Vince Gill-Alison Kraus-. Some of Alan's Band was in the back playing & others..It states that This was the First Grand OLE OPRY appearance in over forty years." "The  Talent spans six decades and represents the finest in Country Music".I got it perhaps at the Opry..Not sure where exactly I got the CD, but it's great to have. Jeri~MS Smiley

Perhaps they missed Alan as this was a huge lineup of Country Singers lol.. Bostonhonkytonk. I'm sure you
had a wonderful time and will remeber this forever. I love Alan's sense of humor also. Your Review was so
awesome..Perhaps the poster at Carnegie Hall meant his first Solo performance. Lee Ann was an invited Guest perhaps by Alan, he is just so generous. In the Opry celebration some of the songs were Duets etc..
I would loved to have seen this one, you are so lucky seeing Alan perform. I was ill or I would have gone to see that. It sounds divine in your review.I so enjoyed reading your comments, it made me feel like I was there. Thanks for great Memories!   Smiley Jerrie from MS & FL
-
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:49:39 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:55:52 am »

Thanks, guys.  I knew y'all would know for sure.  I wasn't following Alan's career back then.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 03:52:58 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk, This is a marvelous review, you did so good remembering eveything. Sounds like a very good concert, but that's what A. J. always does.  He does have a "dry sense of humor." 
Thanks for posting this for us to read. So glad you got to go to Carnegie Hall, I would have liked to been there

"Gone Country"  From KY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

Thanks, Dot.  I wish all of you could have been with me.  Smiley

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 04:07:48 pm »

Thank you for the beautiful review of the show.  "Lord I Hope This Day Is Good" is an old Don Williams song.  I'm old and have that CD and play it often still.  Lee Ann is a great singer and a good sport.  She enjoys working with Alan and Denise does not seem to mind at all.  I bet they are all good friends.

I'm so glad that many of Alan's family got to attend also.  Thank you.   I wish I could have been there but Michigan is a bit far away and I have a handicap.

Love you for making me feel that I was there.  Many thanks and God Bless you,

Alanfan
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

My pleasure, Alanfan.  I like to document shows from time to time, otherwise I have a tendency to forget as time goes by.  And since this was a "special" show I thought I'd let me friends here and on facebook read some of my ramblings about the show.   As you say, Michigan is a long hike for you to travel.  I only live in the Boston area so it's only a couple of hour drive.

I'm glad you've enjoyed reading my recollections of his chats between songs.  It makes the shows feel personal - almost like your in his living room and he's just singing and chatting with friends. 

I saw Alan in Nashville in March - that has been my favorite AJ show so far.  I think this is my second favorite (so far).  I'm really enjoying all the Bluegrass music he's recorded for all of us.   I'm glad he finally had the time to fulfill his dream of recording one. 

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk, I felt like I was right there at the concert.  A great review.  So glad you got to go.  I saw Alan in Nashville in March also.  That was a great show.  The comments you said he made during the Carnegie show sound like the comments when he was at The Station.  Love his sense of humor. 

Thanks again for taking good notes and giving us all the scoop!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk,

Thanks so very much for the review.  I wish I could have been there, but I couldn't...however you brought it to life for me and his other fans with your awesome
review. I am also very happy the Bluegrass CD is doing great on the charts.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:02 am »

Bostonhonkytonk, I felt like I was right there at the concert.  A great review.  So glad you got to go.  I saw Alan in Nashville in March also.  That was a great show.  The comments you said he made during the Carnegie show sound like the comments when he was at The Station.  Love his sense of humor. 

Thanks again for taking good notes and giving us all the scoop!

I've been talking to a bunch of my AJ friends on facebook.  A bunch of us are going to try to go to see him in a group next March if he does this show again.  I think we got word about it in January last time.  I'll be keeping an eye open for news of the coming years' plan for a repeat at the Ryman.  It was a GREAT time and definately worth travelling from Boston to attend again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:46:45 am by Bostonhonkytonk » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: