Alan Jackson
April 20, 2024, 02:00:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bluegrass Album!!!!!!!!  (Read 6928 times)
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

Holy cow, what an awesome new album from Alan!!  I am addicted to this new cd!  The songs are so wonderful, and Alan and all of the pickers sound so good. I think it really says something about an artist and a group of musicians that can stand around a mic and play and sing without all the tweaks of a studio. I haven't seen a bad review of the album, and I can really see Alan getting a Grammy for this one. I'm so glad to see the  Australian tour has gotten off to such a good start. So many good things are happening for Alan and they are all so well deserved!  Hope everybody is enjoying this great album and having a good start to Fall!!  So happy to be in the club 😊
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 01:16:22 am »

I love this album too, I first had to get used to Alan singing this type of music, but then the more I listen to it now ( many times a day ) the more I become to loving it..
Good job Alan, congrats again!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:45:33 am »

I have not received my CD as yet but have heard parts of it and it is the usual genius quality that is always produced by Alan!!!!!!!!!!  I love it.  I'm not used to Bluegrass.  Perhaps that's because I'm from MI, but it's wonderful and I'll be an old pro at listening before very long. 

I also want to wish Alan a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON OCTOBER 17TH.  I'm early but why not?

Thanks to Cindy and Sharon for putting up with me while I straightened out my mess with their help.  I was panicked when this old lady saw the new website and don't learn as fast as I used to.  Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!

Alanfan
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:24:46 am »

I to am enjoying this CD -  It is amazing that the songs that Alan wrote  seem  to fit in well with the Bluegrass music.  Is there anything this man can't write???  Country, Christmas, Gospel, Love, Blues, Bluegrass (maybe a little pop) - he has quite a library of songs for all kinds of music.

Congrats Alan on a job  well done.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:53 am »

I love the new cd too..Been playing it non-stop since it came out Tues!! Really great music from Alan..

RAY
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 06:35:44 pm »

Loving the new album!  The AJ written songs are awesome as usual - haven't picked a favorite yet, but leaning towards "Blue Ridge Mountain Song" and "Blue Side of Heaven."  The instrumentalists are unbelievably good and as usual Alan lets everyone shine.  Good job everyone involved!   Cheesy

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 07:33:18 pm »

I LOVE IT ! I can't help tapping my foot when I listen to it. Such a good job with the music , lyrics and of course the singing ! It all fits together so perfectly. Great song choices ! My favorite song is...............I don't know yet but there's something about "Blue Ridge Mountain Song "...........It's one that gets stuck in my head. I'm always glad to get some new Alan Jackson songs to listen to and this time I am also happy for him , happy that he finally got the Bluegrass Album made that he has wanted to do for so long. Proud to be a fan. Never been disappointed . Thanks Alan Jackson for another bunch of sweet music  memories to add to our collection .
Klancy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »

Alan knocked another one out of the park
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 02:31:00 pm »

Hi Louann! nice to see your opinion of Alan's -The Bluegrass Album- Smiley
I agree. .I even love his rendering w/John Forgerty, "Have You Ever seen The Rain" it's Alan Jackson Style always, whether it's Bluegrass, pop, love songs,Gospel, Country etc. Alan can do it all, as you said. One of my favorites of Alan's in Concert is "The Blues Man" but I like all his work.I have most all of his music and my library is overflowing hehe! Love this one by Alan http://youtu.be/OJ9iHcNNPPg

Oh My Lordy!!! I was sitting in the TV room nice and cozy, "hubby" had gone to the Drug store to get my asthma meds . He walked in shaking a pkg and Yes!!!! It was Alan's "The Bluegrass Album" YeeHaw!!!!!!! This is a Yank from Detroit I married years ago and he says"Sit back honey, we are going to listen to this now" He was so into it and  and put it on the stereo with speakers Loud. He starterd dancing and really got into the Music.. He loved it all( he usually likes the long haired music) hehe I loved it but too ill to dance like "hubby"lol

I can't tell you my favorites , as I liked it all, but I will try..Loved "Long Hard Road" written by Alan, also
"Blue Side Of Heaven."I can identify w/Alan's "Blacktop Road" so I loved it too. I fell in love with my husband
and he gave me my engagement ring on a  walk down a long Country dirt road in MS."It is now Blacktoppedlol
Loved Alan's rendition of Mr. Bill Monroe's, "Blue Moon Of Kentucky."  really good sound and Love, Love,Love it! Alan's Voice was so nice and smooth on all the songs.

(My favorite of Alan's Country Songs is "WWY" and I have to include"I'll Go On Loving You." Oh yes and I really love, "Like Red On A Rose", Alan did this the night of my M&G and I was in Heaven.(WE took my Sister, who had just been diagnosed w/Bcancer) and her FAA Husband with us that night. My Sister said,"He was singing that to me"& I said" nah , he was looking my way.lol She could not believe I walking up on that stage alone to go see Alan, I'm usually not that talkative.It was Heaven!)
Back to the the Bluegrass Album--
The Music and Musicians were THE BEST. My husband really thought the sound was Great. I also liked the one Adam Wright and Shannon Wright did, "Knew All Along." we really Love All the Songs.
We will be listening to this one a LOT!, Congrats to Alan, Loved the speaking part Alan did on the Album Also!
 So glad Alan got to do his "Bluegrass", he said he always wanted to do.

What's next ? hehe Perhaps one with a fantastic young Lady, that would be Great! hint, hint, Carrie Underwood!!! Great radio airplay and I love her work.
GREAT ALBUM ALAN! WE BOTH LOVE IT! Bless you and Thank You for all Your Great Songs!
It Doesn't Get  Better Than Alan Jackson,  Jerrie from MS and FL Kiss

PS- I found my Meet and Greet Under Fanclub Downloads-Fall 2009-Jerrie in Tupelo, MS. The Most happy Day of My Life. I thought it was gone forever , Thanks for keeping all the M&G's on  new the website
It seems like only Yesterday! Where does the time go,,,
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:31:05 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
astrogirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 07:36:12 am »

I bought this album as soon as it was released, and immediately loved it! There hasn't been a day since I bought it that I don't listen to it from start to finish!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 06:43:18 pm by astrogirl » Logged
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 05:32:47 pm »

I am so LOVING Alans Bluegrass Album. Play it everyday, to and from work...I just want to say: I am soooo proud of Alans remarkable talents and even just as proud to be a Fan of his. Can't wait to see him soon... Kiss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: