Alan Jackson
April 24, 2024, 04:25:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Baltimore Sun Interview: Where did the REAL Country Music Go?  (Read 17429 times)
bennettgr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

Just heard a song from Alan on KRIL on line.A great station that plays Alan's songs.That station is on AM 1410 in Midland TX,and they also stream their signal on line,so you can listen to them anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:59:50 am by bennettgr » Logged
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »

Thanks !
I have found stations who streams Alan Jackson Music Yea! My relatives used to live in Midland & we visited them once.
I always listen to WSM Nashville & they stream online too.Love Mr Eddie Stubbs who was w/Alan when he did
his -The BlueGrass Album-  at the Station.
I Request often but they only play "As She's Walking Away" or some with younger popular Singers. So Alan
to get radio airplay would have to sing a duet w/ Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown again, or Jennifer Nettles. She has a great voice and she could sing her part & Alan sing his. She could sing Country well, also LBT is Great!
 Just a pretty Love Song would be good. Heck now days they can mix the music and they can be at different studios even.

To get Alan Played on radio is not from lack of Requesting. The DJ's that I really like, play the ones of Alan w/a popular Singer. It angers me but I think Alan realizes the situation, is why he said this in the Interview. One DJ says "we like to mix them up. " but why can't they play Alan more too. The names they play nowdays, I don't even know them and their voices are not that great. I took voice & I know one when I hear it. I love Alan's writing & his voice. I play my DVD's too  when I drive but just HOME, I would love to hear Alan Jackson played more. I Love Radio and Great Music ! It sure is Changing & not for the Better, my opinon only. Sad
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:56:30 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bennettgr

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »

Your welcome Jeri. Smiley

Hope everyone else will give this station,or one of the other stations I listed in my first post a listen.All of the stations I listed do play Alan's songs & real country music,and all of those stations do stream their signal on line.

Also hope those of you in Cincinnati Ohio will give WKFI-AM 1090 a try.This station plays Alan's Country & bluegrass songs,and they also play Alan's gospel songs during the program "Hymns from the Hills" which airs Mon-Fri @ 1 PM eastern time.So those of you in Cincinnati Ohio,give this station a try.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:44:27 pm by bennettgr » Logged
bennettgr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:49 am »

Just heard Alan & George Strait's "Muder On Music Row" on KRIL's website (KRIL-AM 1410).Yes!!!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

Cry Kiss Huh ::)This is one of his and George best songs.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »

I have to say here that I recall Alan saying many years ago that he welcomed all under the Country banner and I Knew then that it meant trouble.  I still scratch my head over it.

LeeAnn Womack has a new project coming out in Sept...hopefully.
Maybe she will invite AJ to do one duet?  I hope so!

I have given up on local stations for hearing Country songs..so I don't have a fair assessment currently on what they play. Everytime I try to listen in, I end up stopping.

I love WSM online and listen there mostly when not playing my own CDs. 

Another angle here is that so many of my favs are now Not with a major label but are indies..even some starting their own labels! A great example is Billy Yates out of Nashville who ranks at the number one spot on European charts. He takes his music over there and they Love him and fully support him.  His label is MOD which stands for My Own Damn label. LOL

I also am concerned if I will ever see Alan in concert again, due to the prices and setups... Maybe I can be so fortunate to win a front row seat and pray no one stands in front of me.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 08:15:48 pm »

"It's always been that constant pop-country battle. I don't think it's ever going to change," Jackson said. "What makes me sad today is that I think the real country, real roots-y traditional stuff, may be gone. I don't know if it'll ever be back on mainstream radio. You can't get it played anymore."
UNQUOTE -a shame and sad..

Time For "Murder On Music Row" again Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Cry  Perhaps? What do you Guys  think?
We always have our Alan Jackson CD's DVD's & VHS, which I still have. In fact I recently got the AJ On Site
special for myself, for "Mother's Day"! I can't wait to get it. His Precious Memories I and II also a Photo I think
included.I hope mine is signed!!!! Cool I actually have an old Alan Jackson Stand Up Photo lol plus about anything he has done..and his work, on I-Tunes too.My husband thinks I'm a groupie LOL J/K I'm sure many of you have the same feelings about Alan's Music. I appreciate his work..and contributions. Jeri from MS
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:29:49 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bennettgr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 09:33:08 am »

Keep in mind too,in addition to listening to CD's,in my opnion,listening on line to the stations that DO play Alan's songs,can send a clear message to other stations to the stations that won't play his songs.It can show the stations that won't play his songs,that we wanna hear Alan's songs,as well as other real country stars,and if they won't play their songs for us,we will listen to stations that DO play his songs,even if we have to listen on line.

Just my opnion.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: