Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 09:25:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson Performs at Special Concert  (Read 5751 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2013, 05:57:11 am »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23273113/alan-jackson-perform-at-special-concert
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:43:14 am »

When the broadcast began on WSM last night, Eddie Stubbs mentioned that fans began lining up on Sunday to buy tickets for the concert (14 hours before the tickets went on sale).  He conducted a nice interview with Alan before the concert started. 
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:51:06 am »

Very nice concert.  It was fun listening Alan talk about the songs and how some of them came about.  Can't wait to get the CD and listen to it over and over again, as I do with all his CD's.  Thanks - Alan! 
It was a raukus crowd and they really appreciated the music - the instrumentals as well as the singing.   
Still amazed at the songwriting ability of Alan - he can do everything!   
Also enjoyed hearing Adam and Shannon.
So glad we were privileged to hear it on WSM.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:00:31 am »

Very nice listening to the show last night and  Alan talk a lot about the people that helped him with the album

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:19 pm »

I especially enjoyed Alan Singing the one Song with Shannon. I Enjoyed him letting her sing one particular line ALONE, as if he wanted to show just how great her voice was on the Song. He was right, she's Great! I loved all the Songs BlueGrass as Alan does it, the musicians he picked added so much to the sound Alan wanted, I think.

He is so humble talking with Mr. Stubbs of WSM fame, but he knows exactly the sound he wants & he can take any Song and make it his own..I especially loved the Songs Alan wrote too! He is a great Singer/Songwriter! He sounded like he was having a "Good Time" even in the heat lol.Loved hearing him"rattle on" as he said . It's always a treat to hear him!
I can't wait to get this one!

Absolutely loved the one when Alan did  the album's "Blue Side of Heaven," a song inspired by the death of George Jones.
 Also when Alan said, "It just kind of hit me hard when George [went]," when introducing the song.Alan said, "He was dying and he knew he wasn't gonna [live] but a few days — it bothered me every day. I was listening to this song and I sent it to [Jones' widow] Nancy Jones after George passed away and she told me she played this thing every day. That made me feel good, because it's a sad song, but it has a sweet side, too." It was a Great Great Song!I'm sure very healing for "Nancy" to hear..Alan said a lot of humorous things also in between songs..

Alan commented about the Song"Mary" being about Denise, but Mary seemed to fit better  or something of this nature, when his wife Denise said "Who is Mary." Alan said "well he thought Mary, mother of Jesus sounded fine."loved that song!..& Alan's humor. lol

Also Alan did a song for a friend in Florida from the Square Grouper,who was thinking of marriage & it was called "Tie Me Down" loved it! also one from The Andy Griffin Show..

The Musicians were the BEST on this Album & I love all the Songs!

Now Alan is taking his BlueGrass to Carnegie Hall, NY YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Alan on this new one but please don't ever stop playing "Like Red On A Rose", it's one of my favorites. I get it, but it's a bit deep but so lovely. His love Songs are Great!
 Like Mr. Stubbs of WSM said,"I think they just like Alan Jackson" (and his music) as a Fan , I simply like anything Alan Jackson does. His talent in singing and writing is some of the BEST in Country Music! My opinon-The Best!

I would have gone to Nashville, but the heat is rough on asthma, but hearing it on WSM Radio w/Mr. Eddie Stubbs was
Heaven! Congrats Alan! We hope to see you asap., Jerrie from MS
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:21:47 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AllyB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »

Thanks to WSM and Alan for a great intro to his Bluegrass Album.  Loved everything about the show.  Must admit that Bluegrass is not my favorite style of Country but Alan makes it special.  Especially loved Alan's stories for each song and knowing who was part of the band. Favorite was the song he gave to Mrs. Jones after George's death.  Beautiful!  Also great to hear the Whites.  Saw them several years ago at Alan's Fan CLub Party and have loved them ever since.
Just waiting now for Sept. 7th show at Foxwoods.
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:05 am »

See you at Foxwoods, AllyB!

Does anyone know if the interview with Alan is available somewhere.  I listened to the show from Boston but didn't know there might be more. 

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: