Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 09:37:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Good Time in Louisville!  (Read 4988 times)
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »

Alan put on a fabulous show at the KY State Fair!!  He's always such a humble, sweet performer. Dot I was so happy to meet you and your friend, and it was an honor to hold up the "E" in your Good Time sign!!!  That was so much fun and I hope to see you again at another show. I hope Alan keeps coming back to the Bluegrass because KY loves him!!
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »

KyGirl, it was nice meeting you too, I really appreciate you and the others helping me hold up the GOOD TIME signs. Alan always points to them and tells the camera guy to show them on the big screen.
I don't think anyone was sitting down the whole time Alan was singing. I loved every minute of the concert.  I also hope he keeps coming back to KY, but it's closer for me to drive to Nashville. I will go to either one.
The next time I go to Alan's concert I am going dresses as a security guard, some of them try to run the whole show.
I won't go in to all the details, but one of them and I had a few choice words (not bad words) after the concert was over.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »

Dot, You made it home ok ?I had a good time also . It was one of the best concerts.It  was good to see you and your friend.We got to talk to Monty for a while.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:34:39 am »

Thanks to you Ladies for telling us about Alan's Concert in KY. Sounds Great!! I'm so happy for you to get to hold up the signs. I've been to many concerts where they point to the SIGN! Congrats!

Congrats Bettye & Dot for getting to go, plus meet other AJ Fans. It is so much fun to see people ( whom you feel like you know) and meet new friends also. It's Great to share the memories w/others.

Betty, so happy you got to talk to "Monty", i had the pleasure and he's so super nice. Remember, his Dad just passed a while back, I feel so bad for him.

Dot I love going to Nashville to see Alan too, even to drive 12 hrs , it's worth the drive to see Alan & The Strayhorns!So
glad you Ladies got to go and enjoy Great Music. You are so right about Alan being so sweet & humble.He is not pretentous at all, this is what makes him so charming and appealing. Well his voice and delivery of his Music too! Thanks for sharing your remarks about the Concert!I'm just so happy for you all to see him! Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:10 pm »

It used to be a large crowd of us A. J. fans who would meet up before or after the concert. Think Betty and I are the only two left of the bunch now. So far this year Betty and I have meet at 3 of A. J.'s concerts.

Betty and I both got to have a pic made with Monty. He is one of the sweetest person I have ever met.

I drove to Louisville (approx 160 miles) spent the night with my cousin and his wife. First A. J. concert she had ever attended. Monty had one of  A. J.'s guitar pic left and gave it to my cousin (by marriage) that was so nice of him. She really did appreciate it.
Did you people who attends the concert lately notice A. J. doesn't wear jeans with holes in them anymore? The last few times I have seen him he didn't have them on. But that's okay, I like him with or without holes in them. lol

Jeri, you are correct about A. J. he is so down to earth, just one of the reason I like him.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:59:11 pm by Dot » Logged

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »

Dot, We have try and stay out of trouble the next time.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 05:19:37 pm »

So happy you ladies all had a GOOD TIME.  Sounds like great fun was had by all.  I have noticed Alan not wearing the jeans with holes for a while now. He always has on black shirts too...sometimes plaid. Wish I could have been there.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 08:21:20 am »

Glad y'all had such a good time in Louisville.  Always sorry I'm not with y'all!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: