Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 08:26:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bluegrass Album -Info and Songlist  (Read 5349 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:38:48 pm »

Alan Jackson to Release 'The Bluegrass Album' - Sept. 24th

NASHVILLE, Tenn.  (July 17, 2013)  Country music superstar Alan Jackson will release his first bluegrass album – appropriately titled The Bluegrass Album – on September 24. Jackson wrote eight songs for the album, which also includes other originals and a couple of well-known standards of the genre. The Bluegrass Album will be released on ACR (Alan’s Country Records)/EMI Records Nashville and is produced by Keith Stegall and Jackson’s nephew, Adam Wright.

Jackson has openly expressed his desire to record a bluegrass album for years. This spring, a group of some of the best players and singers in bluegrass came together, emerging in a matter of days with the completed acoustic album. He enlisted Scott Coney (acoustic guitar), Sammy Shelor (banjo), Adam Steffey (mandolin), Tim Crouch (fiddle), Tim Dishman (bass), Rob Ickes (dobro) and Ronnie Bowman and Don Rigsby (vocals).

Originals that Jackson penned for the album include such titles as “Blacktop,” “Blue Ridge Mountain Song” and “Mary.” Covers on The Bluegrass Album include The Dillards’ “There Is A Time,” John Anderson’s “Wild and Blue” and a ¾-time version of Bill Monroe’s seminal “Blue Moon of Kentucky.”

The Bluegrass Album track listing:

1.) Long Hard Road – Alan Jackson

2.) Mary – Alan Jackson

3.) Appalachian Mountain Girl – Alan Jackson

4.) Tie Me Down – Alan Jackson

5.) Way Beyond The Blue – Mark D. Sanders/Randy Albright/Lisa Silver

6.) Ain’t Got Trouble Now – Adam Wright

7.) Blue Ridge Mountain Song – Alan Jackson

8.) Blacktop – Alan Jackson

9.) Blue Side of Heaven – Alan Jackson

10.) There Is A Time – Rodney Dillard/Mitch Jayne

11.) Wild and Blue – John Scott Sherrill

12.) Knew All Along – Adam Wright/Shannon Wright

13.) Let’s Get Back to Me and You – Alan Jackson

14.) Blue Moon of Kentucky – Bill Monroe

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:28 pm »

Thanks for this post Beth ... i din't know Alan come out with a bluegras album !!! I can't wait to hear it !

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »

I am so glad that Alan got to do what he loves to do with Bluegrass.  I just hope that he will not desert the Strayhorns and will continue to bring concerts with them to The Palace of Auburn Hills.  I know it will be a long time this time but I can't wait to see him again.  I have tickets that I will use for Alan's "traditional" music but will definitely purchase his new Bluegrass album when it comes out.  I am devoted to Alan no matter what he does.  He is a blessing and a calm to every heart and soul in Country music and "he will Fill The Shoes:" of George Jones, along with George Strait.  Alan on top of course!!!
I have both CD's of his Gospel albums and one DVD also.  I play them each day.

Alanfan
country89

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:28:32 pm »

caint wait hope that i can preoder it before it comes out
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 04:47:47 pm »

Thanks for the info.  The excitement is building.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:45:18 am »

I am so glad that Alan got to do what he loves to do with Bluegrass.  I just hope that he will not desert the Strayhorns and will continue to bring concerts with them to The Palace of Auburn Hills.  I know it will be a long time this time but I can't wait to see him again.  I have tickets that I will use for Alan's "traditional" music but will definitely purchase his new Bluegrass album when it comes out.  I am devoted to Alan no matter what he does.  He is a blessing and a calm to every heart and soul in Country music and "he will Fill The Shoes:" of George Jones, along with George Strait.  Alan on top of course!!!I have both CD's of his Gospel albums and one DVD also.  I play them each day.
 Alanfan
"Alanfan Hello!

Not to worry, Alan has used other Musicians before, to get the sound he wants on the Songs. He
will be with the Strayhorns on other Concerts I'm sure, they can use a break, perhaps & family time.
Remember Alan did;
"As She's Walking Away" with Zac Brown Band and later in concert, he used the Strayhorns w/Monty doing Zac's
vocals & wearing the hat.I simply can't wait for his BlueGrass one to come out! His rendition will be Great w/all these Great Songs,  Alan Jackson Style, Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53:18 am »

Thanks Jeri for lifting my spirits.  I was so worried I'd never see Alan in my area again with the Strayhorns and traditional Country music which I so love and am getting older so have to hand pick my venues now.  Thanks to a wonderful member (Kayak I think), I had the best seats in the house at the Palace and could almost reach out and touch Alan. I am still living on cloud 9 when my review got picked.

I'm like a kid.  I want more and more and more.  NOW!!!  Can't have it I know but I can wish.  You are sweet to reassure me that I have not seen the last of Alan.  Bless you.

Alanfan
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:55:59 pm »

Alan's singing them all, it seems! Well now I said that he is done, but he sang 12 songs. Great job. He seemed a bit nervous but was funny. 

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: