Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:24:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy Travis  (Read 6869 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

Please say Prayers for Randy Travis. I heard today he is in critical Condition. He has given so
much in his Great music! I wish him the best and sending up Prayers for him, at this time.
God Be with him, Jerrie from MS

"Randy Travis was listed in critical condition at a Texas hospital late Monday. A press release from Travis’ Nashville-based publicity firm Webster & Associates said the country star is suffering from complications of recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy and was admitted into the hospital on July 7."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:47:07 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

Just heard about this too, Jeri. It's sad. Randy has gone through so much already. Have you the latest song he just released honoring the late George Jones? He recorded it with Joe Nichols titled, "Tonight I'm Playin' Possum" and can be downloaded form iTunes. Thoughts and prayers goes out to Randy and his family and get well soon wishes too.

BHR

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:41:32 am »

Thoughts and prayers to Randy..

RAY
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:26:52 am »

I heard about this on the news last night. My thoughts and prayers go out to Randy and his family. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »

UPDATE:Randy underwent heart surgery. Hear ailments runs in his family, apparently. Read here:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20715744,00.html

Continued prayers. Get well soon, Randy.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »

BHR, I'm still very concerned for Randy. The latest I heard was;
Quote;
"Randy Travis, who has been hospitalized since Sunday, did not get heart surgery. But he did get a serious medical procedure affecting his heart.

The country singer "underwent placement of an Impella peripheral left ventricular assist device for stabilization prior to transferring hospitals," his rep confirmed to PEOPLE in a statement Tuesday. "Travis remains in critical condition."

There was also a message for the singer's fans: "We are very thankful to the fans for their love and support during this time."

The Impella device is inserted via a catheter, so it's not technically surgery, but it's still serious."Unquote

Our Prayers still for Randy, God Bless, It still sounds serious. Regards to Family also, Jeri
Thanks BHR for the address.
UPDATE TODAY--

''The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano for a "higher level of specialized care" under the supervision of Dr. Michael Mack.

In a separate statement, Mack went on to explain that after the transfer, the Storms of Life singer has cautiously "shown signs of improvement."

Thank God, Let's Keep the Prayers going up for Randy. Thanks  you AJ Fans, Jeri

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:50:19 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:23:21 am »

Jeri, I am too. Thanks for the new detail of what Randy actually underwent. That's a very painful procedure. Continuing my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for him. Here's a new article from tasteofcountry.com with an address to send well wishes card/letter to Randy for anyone who wish to do so:

http://tasteofcountry.com/randy-travis-critical-condition-procedure-explained/

BHR

possum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »

I certainly hope Randy makes a complete recovery and send my thoughts and prayers out to him, his loved ones and his many fans. I saw him in concert a couple years back and he put on a great show. He talked about writing songs with Alan and some concerts they did together years ago.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

Heard on the news today,, he was released from the hospitial

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:51:30 pm »

Heard on the news today,, he was released from the hospitial
Great News Dee! I read today he is in Rehab for the stroke and other problems he had, so let's keep the Prayers going up for Randy Travis!
Thanks All, for your continued Prayers, Jerrie from MS
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:57:07 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: