Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 10:08:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here Comes JULY!!! C'mon Right In!!!  (Read 8521 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:04:07 am »

Welcome to the July monthly thread! Hope everyone's doing fine. Except for badly spraining my right wrist while blow drying my hair that put my hand out of commission for more more than couple of weeks (and I'm right handed!) last April (still wearing a brace) and pulling a muscle in my left shoulder in May, I'm doing okay. Having my annual check up tomorrow morning. . .it's been more than a month over due. We've been having rainy weather and making it real muggy with temps reaching the low 90s at one point. . .not good for asthma sufferers like me, for sure. Thank goodness for the AC.

Wishing you all an advance very HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! Hope you all have a wonderful and most enjoyable one!

Take care all.
BHR

Hoonette01

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »

A Holiday sounds good for you i think.  somewhere where you can just sit and relax and recover.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:41 pm »

Happy fourth of July to all my A.J friends
south of the boarder.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »

BHR Get better soon.Relax and enjoy . My hubby strained his back, so he can identify w/you BHR. Wishing you and all AJ Fans a Happy 4th of July.
Also  a Belated Happy Canada Day to you Elaine and all Fans from there. Great to see you post!
Take care to All AJ Fans and Enjoy  Your Day! Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:57:52 pm »

Hoonette & Jeri, thanks for your kind words. I sure could use a holiday. I can't explain how I manage to pull the muscle by my left shoulder blade, but, it started the morning after Alan's concert in Atlanta that my sons and I attended. My hubby said it's probably from over excitement. LOL! Anyway, I woke up with what felt like a kink on the left side of my neck and down my shoulder. I initially ignored it thinking that it will go away in a few days. Well, it got worse instead with the pain traveling down my arm. I finally went to see our doctor. . .hubby and I have the same one. . .and was diagnosed wit pulled muscle and prescribed with muscle relaxant and told to use heating pad on it. My shoulder is fine now but I have to be extra careful now so it doesn't happen again. Also, and I would like to share with you all this little knowledge I had learned from this experience, a friend of mine informed me about how some prescription medications affects the muscle and tendons in our body as one of their side effects. I was put on Lipitor by our doctor in February to help lower my bad cholesterol and from reading now the literature that went with it from our pharmacist, it does have, among others, that side effect. I spoke to our doctor about it during my annual check up yesterday and he said that it may have factored in with my wrist sprain and pulled muscle as they didn't happen until after I have started taking it. I have stopped taking it and now working hard on healthy eating habit and working out at the gym. Thank you both, again and, Jeri, hope your hubby's back is better.

Elaine, good to see you posting here again. Belated Happy Canada Day to you and to all of the Canadian fans and friends here. The fireworks display event in our area tomorrow has been postponed due to our stormy weather. It will be held on the 13th instead. Makes me wonder how many other places experiencing the same weather right now also have to cancel/postpone their fireworks event. In any case,
HAPPY 4TH, EVERYONE!!! Stay safe.

BHR

Hoonette01

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:39 am »

Wow i have never thought of medication hindering our health, after all most of us are put on medication to help aid an illness or to reduce symptoms.  Good information to know and to be mind full of thats for sure.

Being an Aussie we celebrate Australia Day January 26 each year but from what i have seen on tv and internet you guys just seem to have much more fun than we do. 

Hubby and I are planning a holiday to USA for just the two of us first in 28 years of being together, I am thinking 4th of July or Thanksgiving might be the times to look at or even Halloween (I wish we did celebrate).

One of the things i admire about USA citizens is how patriotic you guys are.  Australia is somewhat but not even close to how you guys are.

Glad to hear you are not in pain with the shoulder any more.

cheers
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »

Happy 4th. of July
to my American Friends !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »

I hope everybody had a Happy 4th of July,......

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »

All are fine here.     Its been very hot here with no rain in over a month here.            Had a nice July 4th.            We live in one of the areas where the fireworks stands are allowed to be set up and people buy all those firecrackers and bottle rockets,,, so from middle of june till july 6th the stand was open  , and from  July 1st till the 5th  all we heard was firecrackers  and  the loud noises in the neighborhood.                And july 4th people that live in areas   where fireworks are banned   was in this area  buying them and shooting them.    Glad the stand is  closed down and gone  now   .  Just hot weather here  and no rain.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:02:11 am »

Still no rain in Arkansas  just hot weather.             We well have our 42th anniversary tomorrow.            July 16 1971.                 Have a nice day everyone.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 02:07:24 am »

Wow, July is flying by or has flown by!  Dee, Sorry you don't have the rain.  Wish I could send some of ours your way.  We are having flash floods.

We had a great 4th.  Had my daughter Karen and her family come from TN to visit.  The only bad thing is that I miss them so much when they go home. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:25 pm »

Wow, July is flying by or has flown by!  Dee, Sorry you don't have the rain.  Wish I could send some of ours your way.  We are having flash floods.
We had a great 4th.  Had my daughter Karen and her family come from TN to visit.  The only bad thing is that I miss them so much when they go home. 

Sharon , You have that right. It seems the TIME flies now . I hope all you AJ Fans are fine and I hope we
don't get the storm that might head this way..later..we have enough flash floods.Sharon I know how you feel.

BHR- feel better soon & read my message I sent to ya! Take care to all AJ Fans and let us hear what Alan is doing.
all those who don't have Facebook and that is ME lol. I can't wait to hear how Alan sounds on his new one in Sept.
Anything Alan will be good..Take care Everyone and God Bless, Jerrie from MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 10:32:10 am »

Happy summer, we have had some little rain this last week .   All fine, our internet has been down awhile  maybe its fixed now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: