Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:22:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Club Tickets  (Read 5768 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »

As long time Alan Jackson concert goers (over 300 shows to date since 1990) we also were unsuccessful in trying to get tickets to Atlantic City, NJ,   York, PA,  and  the show in MD.   Very frustrating and disappointing to know Alan will be nearby 3 times and for the first time in 24 years we wont be going to any of these 3 shows.

We miss the old way to get tickets.  I did not mind waiting up till midnight (1am my time) to get preferred seats.

But now, I'd rather go back to standing in line over night at the venue (which we also did many times in the old days) to secure great seats. At least we were guaranteed the great preferred seats we are so used to and spoiled to have had.

The day the tix went on sale for Atlantic City was a Thursday.  We could not get tickets through the new system. That night we were at our local Applebee's for a Trivia night.  The local quiz DJ is not real familiar with Alan Jackson music but we'd been bugging him for weeks to add Alan to his songlist.  Of course that night he played Don't Rock the Jukebox and instead of being happy, it made me want to cry because it reminded me that I wasn't able to get tickets earlier that day.

not having a  G O O D T I M E  in PA,
Hope

I hope some changes are made soon to help us longtime fans be able to get to Alan's shows again soon.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:45:50 pm by HopeRothrock » Logged

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:24:38 pm »

Hope, I am so sorry this happened to you. You and Your Family have been Great Fans for Years!
( I also Lost our tickets to Melbourne ,FL due to both my husband and I being ill, very costly but we can't plan those things.)

Perhaps you should write Cindy or the Staff to see what the problem was. Ask what to do exactly, they are glad to tell Ya
So sorry you wont be seeing Alan soon.... I miss seeing his Concerts already & it hasn't been that long. Take care and I wish You & Yours the Best,Jeri from MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
possum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »

There have been quite a few negative comments/complaints about the new fan club ticket procedure. I would think that someone in Alan's management would take note of this. Fans that have supported AJ for years such as Hope shouldn't be having these issues obtaining fan club seats. I don't pretend to know the inner workings concerning promoters, venues etc. but I've never understood why an artist's fan club couldn't set aside a block of tickets and sell them directly to fan club members. I'm sure there's a reason, legal or otherwise, why it's not done this way.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

I know you have to pay attention to the time it says they go on sale  and remember that's the time in the area that they go on sale.             If they have the vip tickets  keep looking  those go off sale  about 3 weeks befor the show, and all those tickets don't always sell   and theseats open up. 

Gone  Country    Arkansas
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 01:21:14 pm »

There have been quite a few negative comments/complaints about the new fan club ticket procedure. I would think that someone in Alan's management would take note of this. Fans that have supported AJ for years such as Hope shouldn't be having these issues obtaining fan club seats. I don't pretend to know the inner workings concerning promoters, venues etc. but I've never understood why an artist's fan club couldn't set aside a block of tickets and sell them directly to fan club members. I'm sure there's a reason, legal or otherwise, why it's not done this way.

This the way that the Brad Paisley Fan Club handles tickets for fan club members.  They have each venue set aside "the best seats" for early purchase by his fan club members.  My experience has been great --- always get tickets in the first few rows.  
I believe that this is the same method that the Alan Jackson Fan Club handled tickets for fan club members for many years, so I don't kow why things have changed.  Also, I am not a fan of the VIP tickets to meet Alan --- it seems to me that it reduces the number of fan club members who have a chance for a Meet and Greet with Alan.  
On the other hand, the absolute worse experience that I have had is with the Kenny Chesney Fan Club.  There seems to be no "method to the madness" in how tickets are made available to his fan club members.  In my experiences, tickets shown as available soon after fan club tickets go on sale may be back in the rafters.  Now, I realize that some of the problem is caused by members going online and holding tickets for viewing seat locations and this situation makes those tickets being shown as unavailable for that period of time.  But, why would you want to pay membership dues to his fan club to be able to purchase tickets in the rafters early --- that is just crazy!
Overall, I have been a member of the Alan Jackson Fan Club longer than any other country artist --- 20 years --- so I guess that says something about who I really like and appreciate as one of the greatest country music writers and performers of all time!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:35:40 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:46 pm »

I'm reading about all these difficulties getting Alan's tickets.  I got tickets to the Feb. 7 Palace of Auburn Hills through ticket Master and the only problem I had was that I had to have too many passwords:  The Club purchasing password, Ticketmaster password and Verified by Visa password but I got 19th row floor seats and they were great.  I stayed up till 1am Eastern time and got lucky. 

I would have gone to even more trouble because of my love for Alan but could not stand up anywhere at a window. I loved the fact that the tickets were mailed to me because I am handicapped and need an elevator to negotiate.  I could not even do a stairs or an escalator so loved it when they mailed the tickets.  We ate at the Palace Grille and the Customer service people took me in a wheel chair to our seats and came back and got us.  I'm not sure I understand the changes you're talking about but I sure hope you get luckier than you are describing.  Wow, that sounds pretty hard to do.  Good luck to you.  The Club will always answer your questions.  Cindy is a gem and knows all of the ins and outs of everything!!!!!!!  Try her.  She's genuine as Alan.  I'll put in a prayer for those of you having trouble.

I sure hope Alan won't go all Bluegrass and forget the Strayhorn shows.  I so love them and anything Alan puts out.  I am still always loyal forever. I will buy the Bluegrass album but am not as familiar with that as I am with the true Country work of Alan's that I love so dearly.

Alanfan
klbacker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:26:23 pm »

I usually go to all of Alans shows in the DFW area and Oklahoma shows.  I haven't had trouble getting tickets but them it's been 2 years since he was here. I remember we use to fax our preferred sheet into the fan club around midnight.  The last time I bought tickets which as I said was 2 years ago, we bought them through the store. Either way has been ok with me. He's coming to Thackerville, OK in November and I will be right there like usual!!
klbacker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:30:03 pm »

Just found out what everyone is talking about now!! The tickets go through another vender now!! That sucks!!  What good is to be a fan club member if we don't get preferred seating?Huh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: