Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 08:45:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Filling George's Shoes  (Read 7057 times)
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

I have been reading some of the news articles from different outlets this week that covered George Jones funeral service, and there seems to be a common theme running through a lot of the reader comments.  Many people are saying the ball is in Alan's court to carry the torch for George and the legacy of traditional, real country music he left behind. Many readers said they believed Alan would sure be the one to fill those shoes. I was very pleased to see these comments because I truly believe Alan is the George Jones of my generation. In a day and time when country radio and video channels run the newer, hipper artists ragged, I'm glad to see people give Alan the credit he deserves for just writing what he feels and what he knows and singing it for the fans. I don't think anybody else could have sang that song at George's funeral. It was meant for Alan Jackson to sing. I'm a young one that has loved Alan since I was little due to the great music and the fact that he always reminds me of my dad!  I think they would get along great!  Country is more than tailgates, drinking all night and wearing cut offs, which you here a lot about these days on the radio.  Yeah there's some of that in country music, but it's about family and values and so many other deeper things that Alan has written about over the years. I just felt like getting up on my soap box a bit today. I sure don't like the direction a lot of the country artists are going nowadays, and somebody needs to show them the way. If not, nobody will even know about the awesome legends and traditions of country.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »

I have to agree with you. I am  Country born and I identify with Alan Jackson's Music. Today on radio reflects the change in our Society. The breakdown of the Family. Values and Love. Sure there is heartache and hard times , but Alan sings about Family and Love. He sang "Choices" when it wasn't being allowed . He stood up for a Friend and all Country, with his Song w/George Strait. Alan stands Values and he loves his Country Music.I hope Alan continues to Carry the torch for Great Country music! Thanks for your Comments, Jerrie from MS :

Alan Being the Man he is, wont try to fill George Jones Shoes, as he had his own time & sound but he will always Be my favorite, Great Country Music Singer of Today I do hear a bit of Mr. Jones sound in Alan's Music and also the softness of
Don Williams, maybe a bit of Vern Gosdin also.. But Noone sounds today like Alan Jackson , we feel we know Alan and his Family through his Music. I was so lucky to meet Alan and speak to him a while, I treasure that time.He's so humble.
 my opinion only, concerning Music.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
brady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:31:55 pm »

I was You tubing Alan tonight, saw the amazing tribute to George Jones, and i came across Alan and George Strait singing Murder on music row.......seeing those two on stage together most definetly answered the question to me...Who's gonna fill their shoes?
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »

KentuckyGirlAlanFan, Jeri_MS, and brady,

I agree with you all. Well said. Alan has been carrying George's torch for some time already. I know he'll keep it going.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:27:19 am »

Aj will definitely "fill those shoes" Aj style and jn his own way.

I did not see it coming for George Jones illness this time in the hospital to be the
"illness" to take his life. Just had it in my mind he would live well into his 80's. Yes, it was
very sad there f/a while just knowing he has moved on upstairs and to "Tell Jesus we
say Hey"
like Aj said at his funeral.

Moving on,........ I do hope Aj comes out w/some NEW country music later in the 2013 year.
Love to see/hear him have a few more #1's for good measure!!

Last.........Already miss just knowing your not here, Mr. George Jones....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:30:06 am by Melanie » Logged

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 10:30:29 am »

Kentucky GirlAlanfan:

I could not have said it any better.  You will take Alan into the future if you try hard enough.  You must be a special person to have said all that and I agree with every word.  Alan needs to be in the Country Music Hall of Fame too.

Alanfan
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:29:54 pm »

Thanks so much Alanfan, I really appreciate that!  I just turned 30, and I am such a fan of the traditional sound. My parents and I gave always loved Alan's music, but we just love the humble person he is. My theory has always been why support an artist that thinks they deserve your support?  I sure don't want to spend money buying a cd made by a jerk!  Alan just writes and sings and appreciates all the extras that come with it.  I so appreciate the person he is!
chattahoochie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 05:40:00 pm »

Kentucky girlalanfan:  you couldn't have said it any better and yes, Alan is the George Jones of this era.  Alan gave a beautiful performance of the George Jones most popular song.  It was a beautiful send off for George. Alan will always be number one in my book. 
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »

Chattahoochie it good to see you posting I will
                                 will be seeling Alan tomorrow nite in St.Augustine..
                                  Been waiting for months for him to get here seems
                                  like...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
chattahoochie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:32:37 pm »

Dizzy, happy to see you are still around and posting.  It's been a long time.  Enjoy your show with Alan and will continue to post.  Maybe, someday he will come to Raleigh again and perform.  I definitely will be there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: