Alan Jackson
May 20, 2024, 12:18:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nancy Jones - George's Final Hours  (Read 5007 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:40:10 pm »

From Taste of Country website. . .

http://tasteofcountry.com/george-jones-final-hours/

Nancy, George's wife, spoke up for the first time on his final hours. Even as he was dying, George never lost his wit and sense of humor. After reading the article, I agree and believe the funeral service he was given was exactly what he would have wanted, filled with music and celebration of his life from family, friends and fans who paid respect to him and honored him there today.

I teared up during all performances and my heart ached for Nancy as I watched her wept. Alan's singing of "He Stopped Loving Her Today" at the end of the service touched me deeply as he took his hat off and placed it on his heart while he sang the last line and seemed to be looking at Nancy.

My deepest and heartfelt sympathy to Nancy, family and friends. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Go Rest High Up On The Mountain, George Jones! You are sorely missed but never will be forgotten.

BHR

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »

That performance today by Alan is what endears him to all of his fans --- just a wonderful person!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:35 pm »

That performance today by Alan is what endears him to all of his fans --- just a wonderful person!
Yes, You are so right. I met Alan and he is the Real Deal. I loved the way Alan held his Hat over his Heart , after having sang George's Song at the funeral today. It was typical Alan showing respect and Love.
 I really liked What their Pastor said about"George", some funny but so much like he was.So glad he had "Nancy" to spend his better Years with, but I Pray for her during this time of loss. Also the family. The Pastor knew "George" knew God, but it was interesting that he shared how, in his last moments, his knowing God.

As someone said, "George" sang" for" the People,not just "to" the people",His Heart wrenching Songs & delivery showed this.
"George" influenced the Younger Guys lives also, Like Alan, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney and many more. His unpretetious ways, reminds me of Alan and humorous ones  also.

I'm sure, "George" is pleased to know how many Fans shared time with him today at his other Home, The Grand Ole Opry.That Building will reflect all the Greats of Country Music Forever.
I loved the way the announcer said, as Alan walked away from his singing Tribute Today, "Alan Jackson, another Great Singer of Country Music." Indeed he is and to me The Best Country Music Singer and Songwriter, but I'm prejudiced.
 My prayers go out to "Nancy"Today. "Peace Be With You" Love In Christ, Jerrie from MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »

Here's a link to the picture of Alan with his hat over his heart, at the end of his tribute to George:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/05/02/george-jones-grand-ole-opry-memorial-service/2131065/

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »

Thanks for the link. Glad I got to watch most of it & sorry I missed the end where Alan performed.
All of you are very eloquent in your comments about the service. My heart goes out to Nancy. She really helped George turn his life around.

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

Here's a link to the picture of Alan with his hat over his heart, at the end of his tribute to George:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/05/02/george-jones-grand-ole-opry-memorial-service/2131065/

What a nice photo!

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: