Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 05:15:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan singing "He Stopped Loving Her Today", Honoring his friend George Jones  (Read 5966 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:14:26 pm »

http://www.examiner.com/article/alan-jackson-honors-george-jones-with-a-cover-of-he-stopped-loving-her-today

Emotional video................I love this man !
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:30:19 pm »

Beth, thanks for posting this, but, I have already posted it on the "Chastain Park, Atlanta Concert" thread, including that same video that is actually posted on You Tube. Just thought I'd let you know this. Please read my post(s). Thanks.

BHR

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

BHR, I read your post but not until after I had posted. I just think it was a beautiful way of honoring George Jones.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 01:09:14 am »

So beautiful.  I cried through the whole thing.  I just LOVE him so much too!

Gwen
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:23:07 am »

Alan has always honored George.  Do you all remember when on the Awards show when they wouldn't allow George to sing his song so George said he would not attend then Alan came out change the song he was to sing and san g George's song.  Alan is a lot like George they have their own style and do things their own way.  Still keeping it country RIP George
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

Henry..they talked about that at his funeral service, just before Alan came out and sang "He Stopped Loving Her Today" live, to close out the service. He seemed visibly shaken but did an outstanding performance. Saluting with his hat over his heart at the end.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
PERL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 06:22:14 pm »

Hi Beth, that was so emotional and you could feel the strong feeling AJ had for George.  I hope he will sing this song at his concerts if only to honor George. 

Thank you for posting the link .   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: