Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 03:09:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chastain Park, Atlanta Concert  (Read 6227 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:28:47 am »

Just want to share a highlight of Alan's concert at Chastain Park. In light of his passing yesterday (Friday), Alan did a very sweet and moving tribute to George Jones to start his show. He sang, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" with the backdrop of montages of George Jones' photos on the screens taken with Alan and other people with the last photo that of George and his wife, Nancy. I was choked up, close to tears and, I'm sure, so were many others who were there. I had wondered if he would do that and was happy to have been there and watched and heard him do it. I think Alan will fill in the shoes of George Jones and many other legendary country music artists before him very nicely.

BHR

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 01:31:32 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:06:05 am »

Thanks BHR for sharing..A fitting tribute from Alan to George..

RAY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:01:55 pm »

Thanks for sharing .Wish I could have been there ,but my Grandson turn 9 today so could not go.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:13:29 am »

I found online yesterday this video of Alan's tribute to George Jones at this concert. The video and audio receptions are not too great but it's just to give you all a glimpse of it. The video is on the right hand side of the page.  Enlarge to full screen view for better viewing. I've been trying to find another posted video of it from You Tube but thus far have not. Soon, or if, I do I'll  post the link here.

http://www.georgia-country.com/index.php

BHR

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:27:25 am »

Thank you for posting this, BHR.  A great tribute to George Jones.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:06 am »

BHR,
Thank You so much for sharing this Tribute.Nearly every Newspaper had the death of a Legend, also TV shows told about it. An amazing Legend.
BHR, so happy that you got to see Alan, I'm sure it was difficult for Alan to sing. He usually closes his eyes, when
nearly tearing up. Thanks Again, Respectfully, Jeri

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:07:51 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 02:45:37 pm »

You're welcome, All! As promised, I found a You Tube video of Alan's tribute to George at the Atlanta concert. This is a better one although it's just focused on Alan. . .the big screen in the background is not showing. Watch it in full screen for better viewing, as usual. But the way, this is with an article.

ARTICLE:

http://www.examiner.com/article/alan-jackson-honors-george-jones-with-a-cover-of-he-stopped-loving-her-today

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EneKid8t-_U&feature=player_embedded

BHR

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:08:20 pm »

Thanks for sharing that wonderful tribute by Alan.  Alan felt every note of that performance!
George, may you rest in peace.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 01:12:17 am »

Thanks BHR.  It was so emotional but oh so fitting.  RIP George..........GREAT job Alan!

Gwen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: