Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 11:01:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Terror Attacks  (Read 4995 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »

Just want to extend my thoughts and prayers to everyone here. . .and your families/friends. . . impacted by this awful attacks at the Boston Marathon event this afternoon. Bostonhonkytonk, you came to my mind as I watched the news broadcast on this. So sad. Blessings of healing to those who were injured and comfort to those who has lost a love one, as they grieve. Hope whoever is/are responsible for this is/are caught and rightfully punished.

BHR 

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:00 am »

I agree,this is so sad.   This world is full of hateful people, that feel the only way to solve their problems is to take it out on innocent people and bystanders.  My thoughts and prayers to all who are effected by this tragedy. 

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:09:15 am »

I was horrified by this tragedy. Sending thoughts & prayers up.

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

Sending prayers to all those effected by this tragedy..

RAY
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:58:39 pm »

I agree with you all.  It is a very very sad time indeed.  I hope they catch those idiots.

Praying for everyone.  God bless.

Gwen
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

Remembering  that in any Tragedy our Beloved Country always stays United. May God give  us all  comfort that only he can , in these atrocious times .
 "Peace Be With You."  My Prayers go out to All .God Bless  , Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »

Hello, folks - I just saw this thread as I've been off the site (mostly) for a couple of weeks. (I've been moving). I came on to buy AJ's new album, Precious Memories II - I thought hearing that wonderful voice singing some words of faith may help me get thru this cruel week here in Boston.  

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words of support.   It means so much to all of us here.  

Along with a ride on the Boston Swan Boats & cheering on the Red Sox on opening day at Fenway Park, attending the annual Boston Marathon is a long-standing tradition here.  I spent many Marathon Days standing on the sidelines cheering on and passing water to passing runners.   I grew up about 10 minutes from the bomb site and worked in the building next to where the bomb was left.   But, like other Bostonians, I will always have fond memories of Marathon Day spent with family & friends.

This past Monday, 3 young lives were taken by a terrorist - a boy aged 8 years old, a 27 year old student from China and a young lady of 29.  All had their young lives taken from them in an instant by a selfish act of cowardice.    Dozens of others are still hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.  These were all real lives whose loss impacts real family members and real friends.  

Some of the marathoners who were able to finish the 24 mile race, continued on and ran the extra couple of miles to the nearest hospital to donate blood for the victims, without so much as pausing to catch a breath.  Those are the citizens I know & for this, I know we will preservere.  We're a community generous in spirit and compassion.  

Please continue to pray for us and for the families who lost their young sons and daughters - those who's lives were extinguished on Monday.   Thank you all for your expressions of kindness.

God help us all.  

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:17:47 pm by Bostonhonkytonk » Logged

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: