Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 01:02:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 CMHOF Inductees Announced.....  (Read 7372 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:39 am »

.....And still no Alan.

Modern Era: Kenny Rogers
Veterans Era: Bobby Bare
Non-Entertainers: "Cowboy" Jack Clement

I'm a little upset about this. Sure, Kenny Rogers is very much deserving of this honor, but, why put him under the Modern Era category? I'm sorry, but he's old enough to be Garth Brooks' father and don't belong in that category. Seriously! They should have just created a Legends category because that's where he should be. JMHO

http://www.theboot.com/2013/04/10/country-music-hall-of-fame-inductees-2013/

BHR  

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:01:04 pm »

I agree with you BHR..so disappointed Alan was overlooked again...

RAY
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »

Yes, disappointed that Alan didn't get in this year.  I would have thought Kenny Rogers was already in the HOF??

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:41:24 am »

First of all I want to coongratulate Kenny Rogers. I like him a lot & he was my first country concert.
You know Alan will get in- it's just a matter of time. Yes, it's dosappointing to us that he won't get in this year. But I'm sure he will get in.

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:04:19 pm »

It's so disappointing that Alan didn't get in the HOF.  He's been overlooked so much lately.  He must also be disappointed.  Yes, Kenny Rogers deserves it too but that should have been a long time ago and NOT in place of Alan.

Alan is young yet and will definitely get there but I am devoted to him and go to all his concerts near here where the venue has an elevator.  I was at the Palace on Feb. 7, 2013 for a spectacular concert and caught a pic and some young girls gave me a shirt he threw to us.  I can't wait till he comes back my way in MI.

Alanfan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:49 pm »

Harriet, You are so right. I thought to myself,"I bet Alan doesn't get angry as his Fans do"
humble as he is lol.
I once wrote to the HOF to ask this very Question and this was their reply;
Below;
"Election to the Country Music Hall of Fame is solely the prerogative of the CMA. New members, elected annually by an anonymous panel of industry leaders chosen by the CMA, are formally inducted in special, invitation-only ceremonies held at the Country Music Hall of FameŽ and Museum's Ford Theater."

So the HOF has nothing to do w/whom is inducted, is how I took this to mean.. It went on to thank me by name etc and
I want to visit the new HOF Building, it sounds Beautiful and so interesting. Alan will be in there one day! He is not that old after all lol.
Seems like I read also a while back, if one gets a special Award , whether in Songwriting or whatever, they have to wait 2 years to be elected to the HOF, but I could be wrong. Remember Alan has gotten Awards for his Songwriting recently & deservedly so!
I hope this is correct and explains it better, where the new Fans will not think Alan doesn't deserve it.. It's all a process.
Harriet,
I was Happy for Kenny Rogers. I really love his video "Islands in the Stream" I think he may be re-doing it now. I recorded it from TV a long time ago. I think it was w/Dolly or Wionna Judd. Anyone remember this? Relax, Alan knows we love him and he is THE Best, Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

Seems like I read also a while back, if one gets a special Award , whether in Songwriting or whatever, they have to wait 2 years to be elected to the HOF, but I could be wrong. Remember Alan has gotten Awards for his Songwriting recently & deservedly so!

Jeri, that rule may either have been changed or they're just flat out ignoring it because the fact is both Alan and Garth Brooks were inducted in the NSHOF in the Fall of 2011 and Garth was inducted in the CMHOF last year (2012). So why didn't they induct Alan then too? If I am to guess, that is because CMA and ACM both have history with Alan and they can't bury their hatches (ACM has not bestowed Alan their coveted Entertainer of the Year award). Garth, who have not done anything noteworthy since his retirement in 2000 and came back to do few shows in Las Vegas from 2010 to date that most of his loyal fans could not even afford the price of the tickets for, qualified for induction to the CMHOF, but Alan, who has multitude of accomplishments during those same years and received honors for his remarkable accomplishments, did not and still do not? This is the reason I am so miffed. I think they're just doing their damnest to have Alan wait until doomsday to receive his justly deserved honor to be inducted in the CMHOF when he no longer can or will enjoy it.

Sorry for going on and on about this issue, but I'm just so tired of all their politicking practices at both the HOF and awards election processes of inductees and winners. I can say more but I'll restrain myself. . .for now.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

BHR, My letter I got was a few years back. so things could have changed.Thanks for reminding me about Alan & Garth, I do remember that now. Garth's popularity seemed to grow after that Huge concert in NY . I did feel Alan was left out too.
After having met Alan, I think he gets his rewards by performing. He loves what he does. Like you BHR, I would love to see Alan get Inducted and I'm positive he will one day. Alan isn't the type to "kiss up to people,"so to speak" to get awards and special favors. He is the real deal and after meeting him and seeing how very humble the man is, I know he is happy now and doesn't worry about it.His many Awards and so many hits ,appears to be just fine with Alan.
I can understand your anger however. I , myself get angry & can't figure out why, when all the World seems to adore Alan, people in Nashville seem Blase. They have the Best Country Singer in the World, right in Nashville!
 we Fans want to hear about him more.
I wish this Great Singer and Songwriter the Best and that God continues to Bless Alan and his Family & be w/his loved ones. Jeri from MS-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

You have all said it so well.  I agree that it bothers us fans more than Alan. He is truly blessed.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 12:45:46 pm »

GRRRRRRR...... Angry

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: