Alan Jackson
May 21, 2024, 09:27:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticketmaster Sucks  (Read 4642 times)
crummybaker

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

Ticketmaster said fan club presale was to start today at 10 am and now they are saying no tickets available yet....Is this standard practice for Ticketmaster?  If so, it sucks.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »

First of all Welcome to  the Forum.
Things are not all that bad.  There is always a hitch here and there.  Please don't get discouraged. 
I had good luck with Ticketmaster for the Feb. 7 show at the Palace of Auburn Hills but had to keep going off site to get my passwords - my own fault.  The club had just changed their method of ticket sales. So I got seats farther back than I would have liked but enjoyed the show anyhow.  Alan is spectacular from anywhere!

Please don't be discouraged.  Write to Cindi at ajfc.com and she will advise you what to do and perhaps it may be that you are too early because of time changes.  I'm just guessing now but ask the club.  Alan would not do anything to hurt anyone if he could help it and his staff are very efficient.

Good luck to you.  Wish I could be more help.
Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:49:26 pm »

Ticketmaster said fan club presale was to start today at 10 am and now they are saying no tickets available yet....Is this standard practice for Ticketmaster?  If so, it sucks.

Crummybaker, just a few things to add to what Alanfan already has stated. I don't know for what venue you were trying to purchase your concert ticket(s) for as you didn't mention it on your post. However, for fan club pre-sale schedules, it's safer and best that you go to the TOUR page on this site and get them from there. On the right hand side of the list, click on More that is next to the venue you'll be going to. If it's not there, as Alanfan said, contact the fan club (prez, Cindy). From my own personal experience, Ticketmaster is not always accurate with their infos on special ticket pre-sales outside of their own. They have burned me more than once that I've learned not to be too trusting of them on that. Also, they or the venue sometimes have their own ticket pre-sale events that confuses most fans, myself included. The other thing too is, at the very hour the fan club pre-sale schedule starts, it's highly suggested that you already be there online ordering your ticket(s) by that time or soon after not only to get good seating assignment(s) but also to beat running out of tickets for sale as tickets for Alan's concerts do sell fast, and may even be before the scheduled end of the pre-sale event. Hopes these helps. . .even for next time. Hope you're still able to buy your tickets. Best of luck to you!

BHR

hounddogfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:46:03 am »

I agree the new process for tickets is not easy. I could not even get into ticketmaster to buy. Very frustrating I'm with Hope - not able to get tickets to york Pa concert and I live 2 hrs away.
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Hounddogfan,

Check your messages.

Kathy
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:12:38 am »

I had a hard time having to get my passwords out for Ticketmaster but that was not their fault.  I liked Ticketmaster because I am handicapped and cannot go up escalators or stairs to the ticket office to pick up tickets and Ticketmaster mails them to you.  You can frequently pick your seats within a certain distance from the stage at an inside venue.  I was at The Palace of Auburn Hills and even though it was my first time with Ticketmaster, I did not have to run to a box office to pick up my tickets and then suffer all night from the Arthritis.  I welcome having the tickets mailed to me.  That way they are still authentic.

I now have a file with all my passwords in it:  Ticketmaster, Verified by Visa, Fan Club discount and all the others I needed.  The first time was a headache but I like it better this way.

For those of you who had a hard time, I am sorry.  Write to the club and maybe they can suggest a different method for you.  I got lucky I guess, but missed out on better seats because it came as such a surpirse with the change.  I ended up with a friend getting me moved up.  It was a wonderful show no matter what.

Alanfan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: