Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 03:17:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Vintage Guitar  (Read 2923 times)
Pat1127

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:25 pm »

This guitar is precious to our family and was handmade by the Larsen Brothers in Chicago back in 1930"s.  My mother use to sing on WLS Radio Station late 1930's and 40"s.  Is there someway I could send pictures to Alan Jackson as my mother loved him and he would be the only person worthy of such a fine instrument.  I'm afraid I don't know how to play any instruments and I'm the only one left of my immedate family.  Would like to have information on how or what I could do to send info on a historic piece.  I never knew what I had until recently.  Thanks for your help.  Pat
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »

Pat, you can try and make contact with Cindy (AJFC Prez.) by email (attach the photo) or phone:

[email protected]
(615)321-5219

Indeed, your Mom's guitar is a very valuable one that professional and amateur, but serious, guitar collectors alike could and probably would get interested in. I play guitar on my leisure. . .no audience. . .and still own the guitar my husband gave me 40 years ago for my birthday and Mother's Day a couple of months after our first child was born. It's not one of those real expensive ones, but, about 10 years ago or so someone offered to buy it from me for $300. That was almost 5 times the price my husband paid for it back then, hard case included. I was a bit surprised but turned down the offer for sentimental reason. So, I can understand why you may not want just anyone to buy or have it and thought of Alan instead. I wish you the very best of luck!

Good day to you,
BHR

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:41:33 pm »

Pat:  I'm sure Alan would love to have that guitar!  Just get in touch with Cindi and she will instruct you on what to do and how?  Alan is definitely worthy of it, as you already know, and you are definitely a wonderful person to offer it to such a timeless talent as Alan.

Just write Cindi at ajfc.com and she will get in touch with you.  She's a very special person and has helped me on many occasions.  I'm a Senior citizen and Cindi is aware of my needs.  She does not know me but has always been kind and personalble to me.  I simply love her and, of course, Alan.

Alanfan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: