Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 10:15:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RYMAN SHOW  (Read 11495 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:46:22 am »

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2013/03/20/ryman-benefit-show-touches-the-star-himself-alan-jackson/
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:45 am »

It sounds like it was a great show with the audience dancing in the aisles and everything. I thought about it all night last night...so sorry that I missed it. Alan did a great thing, raising so much money for this cause. Well done.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:04 pm »

It was awesome!!! A. J. seemed to really be enjoying himself. Densie talked about colon cancer and told about the awards and etc A. J. had won. Alan is so funny, he had on a beautiful black shirt trimmed in blue at the top, told us Denise told him to wear that shirt because blue was the color to support colon cancer. He talked more than usual last night.
Sharon, Carol, Betty and her friend and I had 4 row seats almost in the center, really good seats.
We held up the GOOD TIME signs, he pointed to them and said something about the Good Time signs and asked the camera man if he got us holding them up.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:59:48 pm »

Does anyone know if Alan will be performing at the Fan Fair in June and which night?  I want to get tickets for a friend but don't know enough informtion.

Alanfan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »

Sounds like a wonderful show and for such a good cause. 
Dot - thanks for the report, great seats you had.  Alan's shirt is gorgeous and looks really good on him.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:43 pm »

Thanks Dot for sharing your experience. I hated not jumping on the chance for tickets. Alan & Denise - such a great couple.

Brenda in Indy
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:22:26 pm »

The concert was  Awesome !! One of BEST Ihave been too. We always have a good time.Thanks so much Cindy for Great seats. I saw you at Concert ,I didnt have time to come over and say hi before you left.
drannycat57

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:05 am »

The show at The Ryman was the most Awesome show Alan Jackson has ever done!
  I got my tickets early and had GREAT seats, we were right behind his daughter.
I've seen Alan 4 times and this was by far the best show ever!  He had the Ryman rocking!
  There wasn't a dry eye in the place when he sang the song he wrote for his beautiful wife.
It was a truely magical night!  We had tickets to see him at The Opry tonight, but knew it wouldn't be half as wonderful as this show was.
  The Lord has truely Blessed this man and his family!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »

What a Night! a Great Concert and  cause too! Sorry we missed seeing you Fans but we  had driven 12 hours  to MS then left there for Nashville & just got home late last night. we ate at The Palms before, hoping to run into some Fans. At least the food was Great!  we were killing time, hoping to see you Guys before the concert. went in the shop area too.Didn't know who was holding the sign "GOOD TIME" but we saw you then! Later or before, we saw noone we knew. The couples next to us said they Loved Alan & The Strayhorns. we were to the left of where Denise was, where
Alan comes out. we could see him really well and so close.

It was an awesome show, much more music than I had expected. Alan was in great form and Denise  made such a great Intro for Alan. She looked so great, it was good to see her looking so beautiful after having gone through so much.
 we got real close seats( Thanks to the Fanclub) & could have got something signed but  after that drive, we were feelinga bit tired. I clapped so much my fingers were actually blue ha! The StrayHorns were in great form as usual and I love the new fiddle player, plays mandolin too.! Great job Guys!  we enjoyed the  songs from Craig Campbell and Wade Hayes also! That was a great surprise. we sat right by where Alan said Denise and his daughter were! I was hoping to meet "Nisey" and tell her what a great intro she gave Alan! She looked wonderful! I loved her books too ! Alan signed it for me once..

Like I said it was an awesome show! My husband said" it was one of the Best Concerts and Songs in great order",
But Alan is great at this. Alan said "He wasn't sure he could get through it. I had to tear up as my sister got cancer about the same time as Denise. She's a happy survivor too!

Nan Kelly and her husband , who help found the " Blue Note Fund" spoke and I never dreamed they would have enough time left for Alan to do so many songs. I really enjoyed Alan's "When I Saw You Leaving" for his "Nisey", I really was touched by this song & cried, Alan did this song alone and played it so special.Alan closed his eyes, like he does at times, when singing this one..
Here are some songs I remember Alan doing."WWY" my favorite, also "Mercury Blues". My husband loved this, as that was his first car years ago. People were so excited all during the performances.Alan did "The Blues Man",  "Remember When","Good TIME"( The Girls held up the GOOD TIME sign..) saw you Ladies! Then came
"Drive" and Chattahoochee". Alan really got them on their feet then! Even me w/my cane ha! Monty put on the cap like Zac Brown and Alan did "As She's Walking Away." Love that Song! Alan also did his Nephews' Adam Wright w/Jay Knowles' Song. Alan said "I wish I had wriiten that song, it's a Great Song", I agree."It looked great on the big huge screens behind the band, called"So You Don't Have To Love Me Anymore."It was awesome!I'm sure I can't remember all Alan did but We enjoyed All the Songs and Music so very Much! Great Concert Alan and For such a Great Cause." Oh Yes, Alan Did "Five Oclock Somewhere" Love that Song! Looked like FL!
Fabulous Concert Alan and we really enjoyed the Ryman again. Thanks to the Fanclub for such close seats, esp Cindy & Staff!

We thoroughly Enjoyed the show and later  visited family Took them to the Rain Tree Forest cafe. the children enjoyed  ole Dad's Birthday ha! All the venues are back now, after the flood. So much to see but still missed lots too, due to the cold & wind.Loved seeing the Grands and Twins  were scared by the noises, but in a good way lol. so sweet now! we stayed at a Hotel near Cool Springs, as it's near our sons. I wish I had seen Cindy at the concert, always wanted to meet her and say Hello!.

Just a great trip, even with the cold temperatures, The Great Music warmed our hearts. Thanks Alan for contributing to this Great Cause! .
Wish we had run into You Guys that were there from the FanClub! Wasn't it a Great Concert!
 God Bless, Jerrie  from MS & FL PS- My Hubby teased me "that Alan sang "WWY" just for me", He knows that is one of my favorites ha! I hope our photos came out,  MS First, then left there for Nashville & just got home late last night.  Where were You Guys, before the Concert? Sorry we missed You all.we always enjoy talking w/Fans we've met.

It was an awesome show, much more music than I had expected. .

I Just deleted most of what I had typed grrrr. It was just an awesome Concert and  Eveyone was really enjoying themselves. I was afraid the floor would fall in ( after that flood) people were cheering to bring Alan back for an encore!

Alan must have signed a hundred items, he went from one end of the stage to the other, throwing out picks and Tee Shirts. I told my husband I had so many AJ Tee Shirts, I would not try for that ha! It was great excitement! Lots of
 younger couples  were going up to the stage, they were taking photos w/their phone.Everyone really was having fun!
Alan & The StrayHorns got several standing ovations.

I  commend Alan on a Great Concert for a Great Cause and know we all enjoyed it so much! Thank GuyS! God Bless, Jerrie from MS & FL... The big huge screens & lighting was so great! Wish I had seen some of you Fans.Dot and Sharon
I didn't know it was you holding the "Good Time" Sign but we saw You all. Really got everyone up  Yea!

Thanks again for the close seats byo the Fan Club Staff & Cindy! We really had an awesome time!  It's storming here now, so I lost some of my post and redid it, 3 times, so I have repeated a LOT of it , sorry , excuse me..So Tired. I'm too tired to re-do it, bad storm , had to redo this ha    Sorry my photos did not come out well, I'm so disappointed. Next Time a cheaper camera , and I will make them ha! Thanks Beth for putting the Photos from The Tennessean on!
 http://s796.photobucket.com/user/LairdMs-2/story/10067?evt=email_share                    
[/b]  [/color]                        
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:22:03 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 09:47:39 am »

Just getting back to Boston after having a wonderful time in Nashville and Memphis.  I know why Southerners are known for their hospitality - lovely, friendly welcoming people.  For all the Southerners here, thank you for making us feel at home.

The highlight for both my friend Susan and I was the Alan Jackson concert at fabulous Ryman Auditorium.   Our trip was planned around this concert so needless to say, it was the highlight of the whole trip.  It was well worth every penny we spent to get there.

We had great seats down front (Alan's daughters were sitting right behind us).  We met other AJ fans from his fan forums so it's great to put faces with names.  We saw the girls hold up the GOOD TIME cards and saw Alan acknowledge all of you.  

I bought a Tshirt and Hatch Show poster for the show that they were selling in the lobby.  (All proceeds from the show merchandise and tickets benefited the Color-rectal Cancer foundation).  I was ecstatic when Alan signed my poster from the stage before he left for the night.  I just bought a new house and it will be framed and have a place of honor there.

I took a bunch of photos so when I get settled I'll post them (even photos of my gal, Minnie Pearl's hat taken during the tour of the Ryman).  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:50:27 am by Bostonhonkytonk » Logged

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »

Wow...such great reviews. I am glad you all had a great time. Just mad at myself for not getting tickets. I knew it would be a great "intimate" show.

Brenda in Indy
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 12:54:15 pm »

Don't even know what an Avatar is or why you are writing to me?  Wish I could help but I am not very wise with these things.  Perhaps you could email the Fan Club or another member. 

Good luck to you.  It sounds like I don't care but I'd love to be smart enough to help you.
Alanfan
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 09:24:38 am »

It was awesome!!! A. J. seemed to really be enjoying himself. Densie talked about colon cancer and told about the awards and etc A. J. had won. Alan is so funny, he had on a beautiful black shirt trimmed in blue at the top, told us Denise told him to wear that shirt because blue was the color to support colon cancer. He talked more than usual last night.
Sharon, Carol, Betty and her friend and I had 4 row seats almost in the center, really good seats.
We held up the GOOD TIME signs, he pointed to them and said something about the Good Time signs and asked the camera man if he got us holding them up.

I had written a post and it disappeared into netherland.......
I had such a good time at the concert and enjoyed Margaretta ville before the show.  Thank you Dot for letting me know about the extra ticket so I was able to go.  As Dot said we had GREAT seats.  Thank you Cindy and the fan club.
Good to see Betty, her friend, Nan, Dee and Bill and meet Dot's friend Carol.  Sorry I didn't see you Jeri.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 10:56:15 pm »

I had written a post and it disappeared into netherland.......
I had such a good time at the concert and enjoyed Margaretta ville before the show.  Thank you Dot for letting me know about the extra ticket so I was able to go.  As Dot said we had GREAT seats.  Thank you Cindy and the fan club.
Good to see Betty, her friend, Nan, Dee and Bill and meet Dot's friend Carol.  Sorry I didn't see you Jeri.

Sharon, I am so sorry we didn't see you Ladies. we started to go in "Margaritaville" too but changed our minds and went to The Palms. So glad all  of you got to see one another, it's so much fun. I saw your sign, we were by where Alan comes on stage, but it was really close.I saw the one who got her Hatch Show Poster signed by Alan, he was right near us then. at one show a while back, I got to see Terry, Sue and others.It was so nice to talk with Sue for a while. I also met Monty that night and shook hands with him. he's such a nice guy! So sorry I missed you Sharon
I haven't been able to be out for a while, still walking with a cane & going for tests. You really met lots of friends!
God Bless, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 01:52:21 pm »

Well, I'm told that an Avatar is a picture that you would like to represent yourself.  I don't have one but it does not matter.  I am delighted with Volume II and quickly becoming familiar with all the songs and glad the Strayhorns and Wrights are included but nothing would be PERFECT  without Alan. 

To those who are infirm, I wish you all could have a meet and greet.  I am somewhat elderly and a bit handicapped needing elevators etc., but would give up my place for a very ill person who has less time than I to witness an Alan concert.  Someday maybe I will get a meet and greet.  In the meantime good luck to all of you.
Alanfan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: