Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 02:05:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan in Atlanta  (Read 17298 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2013, 04:45:14 pm »

The tall blonde guy will be in Atlanta April 26th!!!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:19 pm »

That's just 3 days before my birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I won't miss this one for the world, for sure. Thanks for posting this, Sharon. Hopefully, the tickets will not cost me an arm and a leg. Love it too that Tate Stevens, the X-Factor winner last year, will be opening for Alan. No, I didn't watch that show but have seen his current music video and he sings well and sounds like a fun guy to watch perform on the stage. He's being taunted as the next Garth Brooks. LOL!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

BHR

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:06:09 pm »

Exciting news for Atlanta!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 01:43:48 am »

just saw this on the tour page.          Does anyone know anything about this venue ?              what I read sounds like they have you park far away.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:50:26 am »

So there, although I echo many people's comments about how awful it has become to see shows at Chastain.  At least there are no tables for AJ's show, so we *may* stand a chance at getting close to the stage??

Anyone know anything about VIP pre-sale for the ATL?

BM
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »

So there, although I echo many people's comments about how awful it has become to see shows at Chastain.  At least there are no tables for AJ's show, so we *may* stand a chance at getting close to the stage??

Anyone know anything about VIP pre-sale for the ATL?

BM

BM, go to the TOUR page and click on MORE at the right hand side of where the Chastain concert is listed. All pertinent informations will appear in a dialogue box. The VIP tickets pre-sale is not specifically mentioned but I'm making an educated guess that it will be on the same days as the regural Preferred Seating tickets pre-sale.

BHR
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:21:31 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »

BM, go to the TOUR page and click on MORE at the right hand side of where the Chastain concert is listed. All pertinent informations will appear in a dialogue box. The VIP tickets pre-sale is not specifically mentioned but I'm making an educated guess that it will be on the same days as the regural Preferred Seating tickets pre-sale.

BHR

[/quote]

Perfect.  It's gonna be tough to struggle through 10 days of "series" tickets on sale, in order to wait for the individual shows, but I've done worse! 

Thanks so much for the help, BHR.  Looking forward to my chance to win a M&G this time!  Beth
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:37:40 pm »

I have just visited the Chastain's website and thought I'd share couple of informations I found out, for those of you who are going to be interested to go to this concert. First is the tickets pricing (don't know if it will be any different ordering the tickets from the AJFC):

ORCHESTRA - $89.50
REAR ORCHESTRA - $69.50
LAWN - $50.00
(No Tables Seatings; No Coolers/Carry-Ins)

Second, the Seating Chart (hope you all have a PDF reader on your computer so you can see this):
http://www.chastainseries.com/pdfs/Chastain_LiveNationSeries_NoTables.pdf

Hopefully, the Preferred Seating section for the AJFC members are the seats closer/est to the stage as I'm not sure I would be very wiling to pay the ORCHESTRA price if I'll be seated farther away than that, as the seating chart shows. Since the venue is doing their tickets pre-sale tomorrow (Mar. 3), who knows which and how many of the good seats will already be taken by the time the AJFC pre-sale starts. I would try to get my tickets tomorrow, but, I don't know if the rows of seats close to the stage that the fan club usually reserves for the fans will apply here, or even if it still applies anywhere, and I don't want to take a chance on it still being be the case and I end up with tickets rows and rows farther away from the stage because I chose not to order my tickets from the fan club. But if it does not and I still end up getting seated too far from the stage, it will be very, very disappointing for me. I will just ignore that fact and just enjoy Alan's show, which is the most important thing there. Good Luck to all of us who will be buying the tickets for this show.

Dee, I have no information on the parking situation there. Wish I did. I hope it's not going to be too far.

BHR

GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »

BHR (and other Atlanta AJ Fans)...

Actually got onto the Chastain on-sale yesterday, and decided to pass on the tickets in the hopes the AJFC will have true up-close seats reserved for us when they go on sale..... the Live Nation/Chastain site did not allow you to pick seats.....rather, you coughed up $100 for a ticket (after "convenience fees", etc) and had NO IDEA where they were located, other than in the "orchestra."  That didn't do it for me.  Not sure if anyone else had same concern?

Anyway, parking at Chastain is HORRIBLE, BHR.  No way around it.

C'mon, AJFC!!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »

BHR (and other Atlanta AJ Fans)...

Actually got onto the Chastain on-sale yesterday, and decided to pass on the tickets in the hopes the AJFC will have true up-close seats reserved for us when they go on sale..... the Live Nation/Chastain site did not allow you to pick seats.....rather, you coughed up $100 for a ticket (after "convenience fees", etc) and had NO IDEA where they were located, other than in the "orchestra."  That didn't do it for me.  Not sure if anyone else had same concern?

Anyway, parking at Chastain is HORRIBLE, BHR.  No way around it.

C'mon, AJFC!!

BM, thanks for the info on the parking (lot) situation at Chastain. And I thought the parking at the Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta is bad. My family and I have been only to one amphitheater (not here in GA) that has a reasonably good parking. That's probably a common thing with amphitheaters.

With the current economy. . .and the budget cuts still being "worked on at the White House". . ., you would think that they'll drop the ticket prices a bit to be more affordable for everyone. It's taking away some, if not all, of the fun going to concerts anymore. Yes, it's still very much enjoyable to see Alan in concert, especially with other fans you know and been acquainted with, but, with the ticket prices so ridiculously high now, it kind of spoil the fun off of it, I feel. I was a little dismayed when I saw the ticket prices. Hopefully, I can come up with the money to afford to pay for tickets for my family and I. Sure would be a nice present for me. :-)

BHR

GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 12:35:02 pm »

Hot Damn!!  Preferred seating on sale in the AM!!  Jonesin' for some Alan!!
GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 09:09:12 am »

OK, so who's gonna be there?Huh

(Other than ME!)

BM
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 09:50:55 am »

BM, Just got my tickets. A bit unhappy, though. I got confused as to how to pick your own seats so I just went ahead and used quick pick. However, I ran into another problem. I had forgotten my password. . .or what I thought was still my current password to use for ticket purchases. . .so I tried to have it emailed to me. But my email addy was not in their file?!? So I had to re-register and at that point I got seats farther away from the stage than I wanted (Center Pit, Row 16, Seats 21-23). Sigh!

By the way, would you, by any chance, know ow to pick your seats from the seating chart? I mean, my understanding is limited to clicking on the yellow bars. However, as I go along I saw red bars (sold seats) appearing on the gray area that supposedly is not available? How is that done? Anybody here know? Thanks for the help.

BHR
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:43:29 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 10:30:54 am »

How did you get in the pit HuhHuh??/

I was confused also on this ordering . When I tried to pick my own seats it was all unavailable .  when I tried the pit area.
 so I did the  quick pick and got Orch Right B 86,88,90 - got scared then according to the seating chart all the odd #'s are
 on one side and the even #'s on the other.  I am taking my 6 year old niece to her first AJ concert.  I sure hope these seats are good.   

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

How did you get in the pit HuhHuh??/

I was confused also on this ordering . When I tried to pick my own seats it was all unavailable .  when I tried the pit area.
 so I did the  quick pick and got Orch Right B 86,88,90 - got scared then according to the seating chart all the odd #'s are
 on one side and the even #'s on the other.  I am taking my 6 year old niece to her first AJ concert.  I sure hope these seats are good.   

Louann, it was luck of the draw, I guess. When I first went in to order my tickets I was given Pit, Row 7, Seats 1-3. That would have been better, but, that was when I ran into problem with my email addy not being accepted when I requested to have my password emailed to me. On my very next try I was given the Pit Center, Row 16 seats assignment. I will email you on my thoughts on this.

BHR

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: