Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:50:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: george jones- the bradley barn sessions...mca records.  (Read 3576 times)
rickm

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:00:09 pm »

hi, for all the newer alan jackson fans that might not have been listening back then, in 1991 george invited a handful of artists to cut an album of some of his favorite songs. he picked alan for the ballad " a good year for the roses ". its a beautiful song and alan really put his special touch on it. i love digging out the cassette tape haha, and playing it now and then. a song every alan jackson fan should hear. im not sure of the availibility of it in 2013, but if you get a chance to listen im sure you wont be disappointed...rickm.

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »

George Jones has a 3 CD set of his work that came out when he was honored for his 70th birthday. It has all his hits including A Good Year for the Roses. I love that song & both Alan & George sound great on vocals. It's titled 50 Years of Hits I believe. I ordered it online- Amazon-they can get you about anything you want.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »

I've heard it and love it, of course!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
rickm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:31:28 pm »

hi, sorry to hear of alan's beloved friend passing. i know george thought the world of alan and his music. you could tell by the look on george's face anytime they were together, onstage or off. rest in peace.

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: