Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 03:13:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging on and cookies?  (Read 3874 times)
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:37 pm »

Today I had to request the system assign me a new password to log on.  No matter how many times I tried, the system wasn't recognizing my password. 

I also have problems with the site not remembering me even though I've enabled cookies for this site.   I constantly have to re-log in.   

Is anyone else having issues?  It was okay yesterday.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk, that is interesting. Last Friday night I tried to order something from the AJFC store and forgot my password. So I requested for new one emailed to me. That should have been on auto response that you receive almost immedialey. However, I did not receive it so I tried it again. After about the 3rd or 4th time trying and still not receiving it, I just gave up and thought I'll try it again the next day. Around mid-afternoon yesterday I received 3 different passwords in my email. Then last night I received yet a 4th one! I have not tried any of them yet (will let you know what happens when I do) and I don't know exactly what is going on. Disabling the Cookies should not affect the login system. Cookies are only for use of other features such as the forum's posting features or anything you download from or upload to this site. I noticed that the quarterly AJFC newsletter is now digitalized, meaning, you can now click on any links posted in it and it will direct you to wherever it is suppose to go. . .this site or other sites. . .and that makes me wonder if the process of putting it together may have affected the login and some other features on this site. Also, I don't know what you mean by the site not remembering you and that you have to constantly re-login. Were you getting logged out while you're still on the site? If so, maybe you should email Cindy. She'll be able to give you assistance on that, I'm sure.

BHR

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »

Sorry - I should have explained myself better.  I'm on other sites and they ask to remember my logon info - this was does, too.  Except every time I leave and come back on, it asks me for my password so it really doesn't hold onto the info.  None of the other sites I'm on ask for login info each time. 

I tried to log in 4 times today using my established password.  I made sure that I hadn't typed any typos and it still didn't take my password to the point where I had to request another. 

Anyway, I'll see what happens over the next couple of days and if it keeps up, I'll email.

Wierd what happened to you, too.  Maybe it did have something to do with the new electronic newsletter.  Hmmmm....

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:28 am »

Today didnt have any problems logging on to the site.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: