Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 01:20:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Presale tickets?  (Read 6995 times)
taccat8

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:20:32 am »

I stayed awake for the last two nights hoping that there would be preferred tickets for sale for the York fair concert. None showed up. I am so disappointed, that as a fan club member, I now have to purchase tickets the same as the general public. Isn't that part of the perks of being a fan club member that you get presale tickets? Gone are the days of getting good seats ( row 1-25) surrounded by other fan club members.  Now I have to compete with the general public and scalpers (Its has always amazed me how scalpers have tickets for sale before the go on sale to the public!?). Now if you want to be up close, you have to win tickets, buy VIP tickets or buy scalped tickets. I belong to two other fan clubs each have the three day presale on most of their concerts (one also has the VIP tickets). Have always gotten great seats, as I DID with AJ fan club. If not for the fact that I am a proud, loyal card carrying fan, I would be thinking twice about renewing my membership. I hope other fans post their displeasure in this in hopes that they change back to a fan friendly system. Wish me luck in getting tracks seats....I'll need it.

Kathy
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:42 am »

I have pre-public sale tickets for tonight at The Palace of Auburn Hills and had no trouble other than not being prepared for Ticketmaster to be the sale company. I got tickets and it was my own fault that i had to to off the site to get my "ticketmaster password" and "my Verified by Visa" password.  I have tickets for the Floor, Row 19, Section C. and am very pleased!!!!  I would have done better if I didn't have to keep leaving the site.  I'll be better off next time because I'll know.  I'm happy and anxiously awaiting the show but not the ride home.

The only hard part is that they are expecting 6 to 8 inches of snow during the concert  but we have an SUV and hope to prevail.

I don't know what happened with your show in New York, but you could write the fan club and ask what happened.  I'm sure there is a proper explanation.
Good luck to you.

Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

I stayed awake for the last two nights hoping that there would be preferred tickets for sale for the York fair concert. None showed up. I am so disappointed, that as a fan club member, I now have to purchase tickets the same as the general public. Isn't that part of the perks of being a fan club member that you get presale tickets? Gone are the days of getting good seats ( row 1-25) surrounded by other fan club members.  Now I have to compete with the general public and scalpers (Its has always amazed me how scalpers have tickets for sale before the go on sale to the public!?). Now if you want to be up close, you have to win tickets, buy VIP tickets or buy scalped tickets. I belong to two other fan clubs each have the three day presale on most of their concerts (one also has the VIP tickets). Have always gotten great seats, as I DID with AJ fan club. If not for the fact that I am a proud, loyal card carrying fan, I would be thinking twice about renewing my membership. I hope other fans post their displeasure in this in hopes that they change back to a fan friendly system. Wish me luck in getting tracks seats....I'll need it.

Taccat8, are you, by any chance, referring to the York, Pa show? If so, did you click on where it said More on the right hand side of it in the TOUR page listing? I just checked it out and the tickets sale doesn't go until this Saturday, Feb. 9. I don't know if that is the AJFC pre-sale, though, but you may inquire about that from Cindy via email. Inquire about the pre-sale time too. If it's the norm, just a friendly reminder, you will need to stay up late tomorrow night, Friday, not Saturday night. Thought I'll let you know about this before you go ahead and make the ticket purchase elsewhere, as your post seems to indicate. Hope this helps you.

BHR
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:17:11 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:28 pm »

York Pa  sounds like a festivial  when I looked at it.      Most of the time there is no fan club seating at the fsstivials.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »

BIGHUSKERSRED the Feb 9 date is when the tickets go on sale to the public, so I'm sure if they were going to do a presale it would have been early Wednesday or Thursday morning. dee572 The York is a fair and I have gottin presale tickets many times for that fair and other fairs. Alanfan hope you had a safe trip to the show and enjoyed every minute.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:56:20 pm by taccat8 » Logged

Kathy
hounddogfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »

Been trying for 4 hours to get tickets to York,pa. Will not allow me to put in the state. Started at 12th row now up to the 18th. Still will not eccept my state. I live 2 hours away from York,Pa.  Hoping I didn't have to wait till september to get to see AJ but looks I won't all year. Very disappointing. Sad Sad Sad Cry
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:04:41 pm »

Sorry hounddogfan that you didn't get tickets. I got on right away and still only got row 7. Still disappointed that we have to compete with the general public to get tickets. I live about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. Love seeing AJ and the Strayhorns! Hopefully they will schedule another one close by so you can get tickets.

Kathy
TAMLBAILEY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:29:37 am »

I was a little bummed too about the pre-sale tickets for the York County Fair - but I was lucky enough to get row 9 - it's not as good as row 2 when I saw him last time at the BJC but I'm happy with that.  Good Luck!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:12:00 pm »

I never even got an email about this show.  Our family goes to all the shows in the PA area.  I have checked my emails and nothing was sent.  Paul had surgery last week so I was not on the internet much, but I did check my emails regularly.
 Very very very disappointed to not even be notified about the show. 

Hope

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:45 am »

Hi:  I've been living on cloud 9 since February 7 at The Palace.  We had great seats and Alan was in a sentimental mood and his usual friendly and warm self came through in each and every song he and the Strayhorns did.  There were lots of family songs and old popular ones "Remember When" among them.  I love the beat of the "Mercury Blues".  Being from a Ford family doesn't hurt.  Alan used to end his show with this and then come back for encores.  He never cheats us - that's for sure.  He's as homey as if you were in his living room with him just chatting.  I love when he tells us about the Strayhorns and adds little quips. 

When Alan says "Thanks" to his audience, it's sincere and he MEANS IT.  He is the most humble entertainer I have ever seen or watched on tv.

Alanfan
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:32:36 am by Alanfan » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: