Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 11:24:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: February Thread- Come on in for a visit  (Read 19663 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:04:17 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. Hope all is well with all of you. We are fine.

Jean- enjoy your birthday.

Jeri- good to see you posting.

BHR-we survived the stormy weather & really dodged a bullet.

The weather is crazy here. One day it's 70 degrees & a couple of days later we're freezing. I walked out of Costco this morning & the wind & rain nearly knocked me over. Low tonight will be 22 & I am staying right here at home.

Love to All.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »

Thanks Harriet, same weather in Belgium.
This weekend there are the World Championships Cyclo Cross in Louisville(Kentucky). The races of sunday are been advanced to saturday because of flood of the river Ohio. That means all saturday long watching tv.
If some of you are watching, the Belgium riders are in sky-blue jersey with the Belgium flag (black/yellow/red). They are real good! Enjoy.

Have a great weekend everybody

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:37 am »

We're having the same type weather Harriet!  It's 28 today and was 73 2 days ago!  I prefer the 73!

Just staying inside and keeping warm. 

I'm taking my grandson to Disney the end of the month for a wedding.  His first plane ride.  We will have a family reunion with my FL family!  I'm looking forward to it. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:59 am »

We are having the same weather its 30s one day then in the 60s.         Alot of rain and storms lately.        So far this year it does"t look  like  I well make it to any of Alans  concerts.                Everyone  take care.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
susi67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 11:40:15 am »

Hello my dear AJ Fans,
in Switzerland is the same weather. Last week it was 60s and windy.
Since yesterday it's snowing, but it thaws again.

I'm already planning my summer vacations. I would like to see Alan on 10th August in Salt Lake City.
To travel alone as a woman is a little to insecure, because I'm going to rent a car and I'll start in Nashville and I want to fly home from San Francisco. My husband and my sons don't want to travel every year across the United States with a crazy AJ Fan ! .......Smile.....
A friend of me would probably accompany me, that would be great ! She saw the photos of Alan on my phone and heard his music. I told her, that Alan is the best reason for me to take a long trip to see him live.
I really hope that it comes true !

I hope you all are ok.
Stay healthy and take care !

Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »

Suzanne, that would be wonderful if you can make the trip & see Alan too. You will enjoy Nashville- been there 3 times & love it. You're brave to go alone- I hope your friend can go with you.

Sharon, enjoy Disney World with your grandson.

Jean- will hope thet your cycling team wins.

Hello to all you other AJ fans. I'm about ready for a concert myself.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »

Thanks for starting the February thread, Harriet. We sure did survive that nasty weather and dodge a bullet. I felt bad for those who were affected by the tornado. Such a devastation. We're still getting rain off and on and mostly start late afternoon/early evening. I guess all of us here are having the same kind of weather. This definitely has been a very weird winter so far.

We didn't have cable-tv and internet service the whole week last week. Our apartment complex mangement/ownership changed providers. They started working on the transistion and installations Jan 28 and was still finishing up today. I don't know if they're completely done already but our service was finally hooked up and started running yesteday. There were a lot of unhappy tennants here because of the Superbowl game and events on tv. Hubby was very grumpy because of the  long wait and not being able to use his computer both for work he brings home and for his leisure. I would admit, I missed playing with my computer too and very happy to be back on it again.

Sharon, enjoy your time with your grandson at Disney World. I'm sure you'll both have a blast there.

Susanne, I don't feel comfortable traveling alone too. I hope also that your friend wil be able to go with you. You have a great plan for this summer. Seeing Alan's show is always the best. . .and a must. Enjoy your travels, if you're able to go. I hope you are.

Hi, JeanB, ajarkansasfan and everyone of you, AJ fans. Take care all.

BHR

susi67

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:37 am »

BHR, I hope your cable tv and you internet service is still ok.

Sharon, have a great time in Disneyland with your grandson.

Harriet and ajarkansasfan, I hope you can also go to a concert this year.

Jean, the Belgian Team was great ! Congratulations !
The Swiss Team was not so successful.

Yes, I hope I don't have to go alone this summer, otherwise I would shorten my trip, but I definitely want to go to Nashville. I've been there 2 times, but it draws me in every time like a magnet. The shops, the bars and the Live-Music, a must ! Also the area around Nashville. I love it !

Have a great week everybody

Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 10:40:49 am »

Hope your friend can travel with you Susanne. I wish i could  go with you to Nashville. I love that city aswell !
ave a nice weekend Susanne, BHR, Harriet, Sharon, arkansasfan and everybody reading .

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 02:06:37 pm »

Haven't been here for  awhile. Hope everyone starts getting
nicer weather. It has been nice here this week. The snow is
just about gone. If it stays this nice by the time the weekend
is over the snow should all be gone.
You all have a nice day
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »

We got 10 inches of snow yesterday and now it's headed East.  Stay safe everyone - they are supposed to get a lot more.
Staying inside the past couple of days - ready for a trip to the grocery store.
See where Alan is going to play the Opry on March 22 - hoping it will be televised.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18:28 pm »

Well, the trip to the Palace was well worth it on Thursday.  I was a bit scared of the possibility of so much snow but was prepared to buy snow shoes if I had to.  It was a perfect show - don't even need to say that - Alan always puts on a wonderful show.  I was impressed with Greg Bates who opened and Gloriana was very good also.  But you just DIE waiting for Alan. 

There's never a disappointing moment when he sings and warms our hearts and souls with his wonderful music.  He seems to analyze his crowd well because he picks a lineup that is special to all of us.  He filled it with a great variety of old, new and sentimental and we all had a wonderful time.  I just can't say enough about the sincerety with which he thanks his audience and there's NO fake about it.  The only disappointing thing I can say is that he didn't stay all night.  I'm still on cloud 9.  Alan must have also brought us luck because the snow was delayed and we got to drive home on dry pavement.  The show, Alan, and the ride home were a definite blessing.  I can't wait till he comes our way the next time to a venue that I can negotiate with my strained walk and arthritis. 

Thank you Alan Jackson.  You don't need to thank me!  My blood pressure is down till the next time I see you.  God bless you and your family.  It was wonderful to see lots of Denise on the screen and I hope she is well.

Alanfan
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 01:33:58 pm »

We got 10 inches of snow yesterday and now it's headed East.  Stay safe everyone - they are supposed to get a lot more.
Staying inside the past couple of days - ready for a trip to the grocery store.
See where Alan is going to play the Opry on March 22 - hoping it will be televised.

I got 28" of snow over the last 24 hours.  I'm procrastinating.  I should be out shoveling.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It's gonna take me forever.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:56:56 am »

We were in that 1978  blizzard like you just got.    We lived in new hampshire  while in the military.     Remember all that snow   everyone on the east coast  take it easy on the shoveling  ,   shovel some and rest.             Becareful on the roads that snow does go to ice   some after they plow all the roads.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:32 pm »

Kathy sorry you got so much snow. Be careful
shoveling it.
Alanfan glad you had a great time at the concert
It is good the snow never came while you were
at it.
Bostonhonkytonk WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!28 inches of snow.
Be careful shoveling it all.
It is cloudy but warm here. Just a few patches of
snow in the shady area's.
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: