Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 05:48:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tornado  (Read 4222 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »

To all of you living in the affected areas in Tennessee and Georgia, please stay safe. Harriet, I hope you and your hubby are ok. I see that Adairsville, where the tornado touched down early this afternoon here in GA, is not too far from where you're at. Not sure if we're still on tornado watch, but, a severe thunderstorm (and flooding) warning has just been issued to several counties in the metro Atlanta. Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected by this nasty weather event.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:43:20 pm »

BHR, I was just thinking about e-mailing you to see if you are OK. All we got was some thunder & lots of rain. I was able to postpone a Dr visit til tomorrow because I didn't want hubby to have to get out & drive in this rain. We heard I-285 was jammed with traffic & that's the way we would have to go.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:19:51 pm »

Harriet, I think the roads are a mess today. I would have postponed the appointment too. We did ok, just had lots of rain and light flickerings. We thought for awhile there we were going to lose our power. There are a bit of flooding in the lower elevations right now  in our area. Glad we're on higher elevation. Happy to hear you and your hubby are fine too. We sure got nasty weather today. My cellphone went off real loud this morning with the alert on the tornadon warning. Hubby was just leaving for his stress test and almost rescheduled it. But he had lost so much sleep over it last night so went ahead and got it done. He did fine. . .the doctor said he's healthy. . .although he looked a little pale when he got back home. He went straight to bed and took a long nap. He said it was very windy on his drive back home. . .the traffic lights were swinging and the tree branches swaying kind of wild. Scary. You take care. HUGS.

BHR

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25:55 pm »

Arkansas  had alll the rain and wind   and tornadoe warnings  Tuesday night,  we were under tornadoe warnings for awhile and was very windy.      All are fine here.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:58 pm »

To all the people in Hattiesburg Mississippi   saw all the tornadoe  damage on the tv.      Sorry for all the people there   everyone take care.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: