Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 11:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations while in Nashville and Memphis?  (Read 2764 times)
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

My friend and I are flying down from Boston to Nashville to see Alan at the Ryman.  I've never been but my friend has been lucky enough to see another show there.
We were hoping to see Jim Lauderdale, too, while in town but he is performing in Florida that weekend.  I love Bluegrass, too.

Anyway, if any of you local folks have some tips of some places to see or restaurants to eat at, I'd appreciate your feedback.   We'll be spending time in Nashville first then heading on to Memphis.   

I know we'll be going to Graceland and Sun Studios and probably to the Civil Rights museum in Memphis.  We'll do some stuff in Nashville, too.   All in all, we'll probably be in Tennessee for about 4 days.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Can't wait for the trip!

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:39 pm »

You will love Graceland, of course I am a Elvis fan and have been for years and years.

If you will go to Google and type in Chamber of Commerce Nashville, TN it has all kinds of things on that page to show you restaurants, parking and etc. You can even order a visitors package from them. You may want to order one from Memphis too. Hope this is helpful.

I just now sent you a message, hopefully it will be of some help too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:12:05 pm by Dot » Logged

"Gone Country"  From KY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:43:22 pm »

Thanks, Dot.  Good idea about getting the brochures.  I'll email away for them this weekend. 

Thanks also for the input (via email) about some of the areas we'll be visiting.  It's good to get feedback from people who know the area firsthand. 

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: