Alan Jackson
May 21, 2024, 10:17:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nashville Skyline: What Do You Know?  (Read 4035 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:43 pm »

This is an interesting read for those of us who has been commenting on the current state of country music. . . .and for the last decade. The subject of this article is the idea of putting the new country artists of today and the upcoming ones through a test and giving them a badge as Certified Wannabe Country Star (CWCS) if they pass it. Can anyone here answer all the questions on the list within this article? I'm a country music fan for as long as Alan has been in the business and yet I found myself stumped at a lot of those questions. However, I have some country music books that I have purchased over the years and this article made me peruse them for some refresher course. Reading the article will kind of make you wonder how much these so called new country music artist really do know about country music and its rich tradition. By the way, I do agree with this idea.

http://www.cmt.com/news/nashville-skyline/1699620/nashville-skyline-what-do-you-know.jhtml

Enjoy reading!

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:25 pm »

BHR, Thanks for a Great read! Intresting..I even told & Wrote letters that the Country Music Awards should have catagories at least..like Pop, Country, Southern Rock etc..I got a response too.. maybe they are thinking about how
Country Music is world wide now and should Keep it's Roots .
Why should Alan have to compete w/TaylorS. with all her Fans voting. Older people do not vote as much.No time w/working..Alan Jackson is a Master at Singing Country & Writing.His Voice (lower)seems to Improve as time goes by.

This will date me (old) lol but i knew  most all the answers about the oldies but not the young ones much. This should be a real test for upcoming  Singers. Love Chet's writings!
Loved thinking about ole times at the Ryman( Mother Church of Country Music) & old Grand ole Opry & where it was located..! Love Jimmy Dickens & saw him close, he is still funny , God Bless him! Thanks Again BHR, Take Care..
Jerrie-MS PS Does anyone remember Slim Rhodes on Hee Haw?
They had Country Music Singers perform at my hometown  Feed Store in MS (Promoting the Grand Ole Opry) sponsers, and Slim went out to my grandfathers house to get water. LOL
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:27:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:12:05 pm »

waiting to see the answers!  I think I did pretty good on the quiz, do you think Chet will send me a badge?  LOL
I only left a couple blanks and there were a couple I wasn't positive about.  And there were a couple questions that I answered "who cares?!"  LOL 
but I won't tell you which ones.........hehee!

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

Thanks, BHR. Interesting if not quirky article & I probably got about half the answer.lol

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:12 pm »

I will go look this over... Most of the time I agree with Chet Flippo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: