Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:43:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: December Thread  (Read 21469 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 05:25:08 am »

Just checking in. Things are going well for me- still tire easily but other than that things are going smoothly & I am back in full activity posting & voting.
My niece who married the soldier is at home now- her hubby deployed to Afghanistan last month. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers. He has had an 18 month deployment in Afghanistan & one in Iraq in the past.
I have a new grand  niece. My nephew has 3 boys under the age of 6 & now they have a sister to play with.  
Have my shopping done except some on-line things that haven't come in yet. Also decorating & cards all done. What's left is the wrapping & we have our family Chridtmas party the 22nd.

Like to wish all of you a blessed holiday season.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 02:39:25 pm »

Harriett so glad to see you back and feeling good..It seems like forever since you have been here and you were missed...My sister mazie has been under the weather and is now beginning to start to feeling,better.,,,We had a meet and greet with Alan
in WPB  and what a treat that was he may not remember us but you better believe we won't forget  him..good to see you back dizzy/

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 05:13:03 pm »

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.  I haven't been on this forum in several months but it's good to see familiar names.  And it was so nice to see meet & greet pictures of the ladies who are twins in the newsletter!

Hubby and I saw Alan in concert in Salina, KS, in August.  His concerts keep getting better and better!  We enjoyed fan club seats this time and had seats on the aisle in the 4th row.  It was awesome! 

Busy at work with year-end things and looking forward to spending Christmas with our kids, their spouses, and two ornery little grandsons. Smiley  This is the first Christmas since my Mom died in 2010 that I've got some holiday spirit back; Alan's music helps. 

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy holiday season.  If you are traveling please be safe.  God bless.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

I don't post on here as much as I used to, just because life just seems to be getting busier and I have been dealing with health issues like high cholesterol, high blood pressure and now the doctor says that I am diabetic type II.  He has not put me on medication for the diabetes yet as he wants for me to try watching what I eat, lose about 10 lbs. because he said we might be able to control it.  That is not as easy as it sounds.  I belong to a walking group and walk twice a week, 5km and 7km.  Now I have shin splint issues.  Very painful.  So now I have an appt to see a foot doctor to see if I need orthodics.  It just never stops.  Anyways, I will get thru it.

I did post last week, that I had a surprise for my husband for his 50th birthday.  He did not want a big party but just to get together with a couple of our good friends. Well, what I did for him was on Friday evening I booked a Hot Rock massage for the two of us.  That was unbelievable.  That was the first for both of us.  We would both do that again.  Then on Saturday evening, I invited two couples to come to our house for appetizers and drinks.  Then a limo came and picked us up and took us to a restaurant in the Toronto area, which is about 1 hour away from our house.  Then he picked us up at the restaurant two hours later and drove us to downtown Toronto to a Comedy Theatre, where we watched a two hour comedy improv.  We all had a great time and lots of laughs.  The limo picked us up from there around 12:30am and took us home.  The way to go when u want to drink and not drive.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

Anita, sounds like you and your husband, indeed, had a wonderful time on his birthday. What a nice surprise! You are so right about the Hot Stone Massage. I have had it done on me and, yes, it felt real great and so relaxing. I'm having a regular massage tomorrow, if everything goes well and would not have to cancel it. I would much rather have a Hot Stone Massage but the parlor I'll be going to do not offer that. My husband arranged it for me as I've been stressing out too much about lots of things lately, mostly personal. I told him he could use it better than I do right now. . . .he hurt his right calf while on a race bike trainer at the gym and the doctor put him on crutches for a month. He also is having occasional back spasm.

Sorry to hear about the diabetes II diagnosis and the other health issues you have had. I do have HBP and high cholesterol problem too. I have just seen my doctor last Tuesday for my follow up check up and he went ahead and put me on medication to help lower my cholesterol. I really didn't want to have to take it but if it would help I thought I'll try it. I need to do more exercising and really watch my diet too. Take care and well wishes to you.

BHR  

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 02:39:59 am »

Hello, friends. The news about the school shooting is shocking. All the children and adults were killed- there was no reson for such a horrific act.

I am doing well but still tiring & have to pace myself.

Have done my shopping & a little decarating & a few Christmas cards- had to pull back & not go all out as I usuaaly do. Just have to wrap the presents now.

Love to All.

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 04:11:54 am »

Anita, sorry to hear you've been dealing with a lot of issues lately..
I was in the same situation as you are, only on the way to recovery..
just hang in there and keep the faith, and try if possible to enjoy and make life as easier as it can be..
live life to the fullest as they say!!!
Hugs to you...

Harriet glad you're much better now..
thanks to you and Elaine for the beautiful christmas cards..

AJ IS THE BEST
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »

Anita, what a wonderful present for your husband's birthday.  Those hot stone massages are the best.  Hope you are feeling better soon.
I received my 'Seasons of Sweetbrier' today - what a beautiful book from a beautiful, creative man.
Still no snow here - we have set a record for the longest time between measurable snowfalls.  I can do without the white stuff - but would like a little for Christmas.

I'm just heartsick about the horrible tragedy in Connecticut - my prayers to all the families & friends.  There really are no words.  God bless us all.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »

Hello, Friends. Everything is done- got the presents wrapped last night. Looking forward to our family gathering on Saturday. I'm doing fine, still pacing myself & taking 1 day at a time. Overall things are going well. Looking forward to getting the book from Alan's store. Also ordred a mouse pad & a calendar.

Kathy- well your snowstorm is on the way- I heard it on the TV. Hope you don't lose power.

Anita- The massage sounds like a great gift.

Kimberly- Good to see you posting & have a great Christmas.

BHR- Hope your stress level comes down. I can identify with that.

Hi to Jean & Karen.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes.

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »

Christmas came early for me this year as I discovered Alan Jackson when he released 30 Miles West.  I haven't stopped listening to him since and I've been lucky to see him twice in my short time as a new fan.  I'm so grateful I found his music at the recommendation from a friend from (all all places) Norway.

I've sold my house after living here for over 20 years so there's a lot going on and not much in the way of Christmas decorating I'm afraid.   I will make up for it next year as I'm sure I'll be long settled by then.   I used to be an Antiques dealer so it's been a large task to downsize things I need to keep and things I need to sell.   But, should things go well over the next month, I'll be moving on February 11th.

I wish AJ, his family and staff and all of you a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.  I'm also a Stage 3 breast cancer survivor so I wish you and your loved ones good health in 2013 and beyond.  

Thank you all for welcoming me into your AJ community of friends.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:49:03 pm by Bostonhonkytonk » Logged

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »

Boston, so glad you found Alan and this board no matter when it was.  Alan is great and you are lucky to have seen him twice this year.  Good luck with the move - it is definitely a challenge after 20 years.   So glad to hear you are a 'survivor' - that's a beautiful word!

I've been busy cooking and baking all day.  I'm beat!!   
Still have more to do, but that's for tomorrow & Monday.   

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with your family & friends!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 12:33:40 am »

Thanks, Kathy.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 10:34:37 am »

Harriet, so Great to see you back posting, Take care for the Holidays & to all of you who are in ill health and all AJ Fans.
Wishing You and Yours a very Merry Christmas! Love in Christ, Jerrie -MS
I will post when possible, I read the post here as often as I can. Love to touch base with all of you!
Happy Holidays All of You! In Christ, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 04:06:05 pm »

Thank You, Jeri & Merry Christmas to All. It's raining here & will be all night with thunderstorms expected. I know some of you are having snow & ice so be safe.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: