Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 02:27:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: December Thread  (Read 23096 times)
susi67

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:02 am »

Hey to all dear AJ fans !
Happy December to everyone. Can't believe is Christmas in 3 weeks !
Here in Switzerland we have snow and it's cold. I hope the snow stays until Christmas, it would be nice.
I hope you are all well and you're healthy.
In the last weeks I have missed some members on board.
I just saw that Harriet is back and she's feeling better.
It's great Harriet that you're back !!
I wish all dear AJ fans a wonderful holiday season and take care !

Greetings from Switzerland

Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:04:17 am »

Susanne, thanks for starting the December thread, my favorite month of the year, lots of festivities..
I haven't been here like forever, used to like this thread, ohh.. I missed the PL section.
it's also been cold here, lots of rain and chill winds..
I missed alot of old plankers who used to post here, hope they're doing just fine...

Here's another one wishing all of you the best through the coldest month of the year!!!

Harriet, welcome back again... Smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:18:29 am by kimberly » Logged

AJ IS THE BEST
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:04 am »

Thanks for starting the December thread.  Just like Kimberly, it has been quite awhile since I have been on here.  Wondering how everyone is doing.  Elaine, Gwen, BHR, JeriMS, JeanB, January, Harriet & others.  Weather is just starting to get cold here.  We had a bit of snow yesterday but it won't stay as we are expecting warmer weather this week.  It would be nice if we had the same winter as last year, but I doubt it very much. 
Kimberly & JeanB, Het is bijna Sinterklaas dag voor je in Nederland en Belgium.

Everyday until Christmas will be busy.  Going to Christmas parties, family gatherings, buying presents, putting up the Christmas decorations & getting my baking done.  Also will be celebrating my husband's 50th birthday.  He did not want a party, so I am doing a little surprise for him. His birthday is on Wednesday, but will not be celebrating until the weekend.  I can't really say what it is at this time because when people reply to this post it shows up on my email and he might just see. 
Well I better go.  Have to get some food ready for my husband's mother side family reunion.  We do this every year around Christmas at one of Dan's cousins home and in July at another cousins home, who has a pool.    Usually around 50 people show up.   Take care all and hopefully talk to you soon.  Anita

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 03:11:15 pm »

Thanks for starting the December thread, Susanne. 
I haven't been on here much - reading but not posting.  Have been going through some health issues - nothing really serious, but pesky & drawn out.  Looking forward to much better things in December & forward.   I have gotten my house decorated over this past week and now I'm going to start wrapping presents.  Mostly done shopping, so wrapping and baking over the next couple of weeks.

So glad to see Harriet back - we missed you!

Our weather is mild this weekend, but cooling off heading into the week.  No snow yet - it really hasn't been cold enough.  It can stay like this all winter as far as I'm concerned - maybe a little snow for Christmas.

I'm going to order Alan's Sweetbriar book as a Christmas present to myself and it's a good cause.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 05:22:33 pm »

Hi Everybody. Thanks to all for welcoming me back. I havent been on since July. Had a long illness but do not want to discuss the details. The important thing is that I am fine now. Need to reconnect with all of you.

Kathy- Understand about the health problems. Glad to see you posting.

Anita- My, you sound so busy but I'm sure it's fun.

Thanks, Kimberly.

Susie, Thank you & it's great that you're having such a Good Time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:07:42 am by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:09 am »

Happy December to y'all.

So good to see you back Harriet.  You have been missed.  I haven't been posting much.

All of us in SC are doing fine.  Went to Lake Lanier, GA Saturday to see the lights and shopped at the Mall of GA!  Wow, what a day.  It was a one day coach trip with friends.  Had fun, but boy was I tired Saturday night.  Couldn't have had nicer weather. 

Busy with shopping, end of the year bookkeeping, and church activities.  Thankful I am able to do it. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:32 am »

Harriet, good to see you back! You were dearly missed and thought of. Sorry to hear you have had extended health issue. Glad you're feeling better. Been out of the loop for a bit, myself. Just lurking from time to time. Have had personal problems to deal with and is still dealing with another. The Christmas Season brings me cheers and happy spirits. I've been listening a lot to Christmas music. . .mostly Alan's, of course. :-) BTW, it will be interesting to see the GA Dawgs play the NEB Huskers in the Capitol One bowl game Jan 1st. We're looking forward to it. If we're able to go to the game, we've decided not to wear our red "Georgian 4 Nebraska" shirts. It might get a little too confusing. LOL!

Susanne, thanks for starting the December thread.

Kathy, just like you, I put up all our indoor Christmas decorations last week. With our oldest son now finally back in the working world and my husband a Scrooge at Christmastime, I was left to do it on my own. . .with a little help from our autistic son. I always enjoy it, though, and love doing it, anyway.

Sharon, we're just going to do our Christmas shopping this coming weekend. . .and hubby doesn't like crowd. :-)

Nelle, I read your post from another thread. I am more than happy to see you posting. I have been thinking and praying for you and your family when Sandy hit New York State and New Jersey. Seeing all those videos in the (tv) news made me worry a bit about you all. I did send you an email. . .I hope you read it. So glad you're ok. Hope likewise with your family.

Kimberly and Anita, good to see you posting back here too.

Dizzy and Mazie, CONGRATS on your M&G with Alan. FNALLY and well deserved! Happy for you both.

Elaine, Jeri, JeanB and everyone else and everybody, WISH YOU ALL GOOD HEALTH AND WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON. Take care and stay warm and safe.

BHR

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:19:08 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »

We certainly don't have to worry about snow in KY as of the past few days. I've never seen it this warm in Dec. I walked for awhile today and had on short sleeves.

I don't always take the time to read the post, guess I stay on Facebook too much.

Harriet, glad you are better, that's a long time to be sick.

Hopefully everyone else is doing better too.

Suaznne, greeting to you in Switzerland. Never been there but would like to visit there sometime.

My daughter and I went to see Mannheim Steamroller Christmas in Evansville, IN last night, it was awesome.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

Thanks Susanne for the Dec thread. Haven't been here for awhile.
Harriet so happy to have you back posting.
Sounds like not many have snow. We have no snow
but hoping we get a little for Christmas.Todd is improving and
should have the full movement of his leg .The Dr said he should
be able to go back to work by Feb.It has been along haul for him.
He had his surgery in August. Teresa Jay and the girls are doing
great. Kelsey is loving college and her volley ball this year.She
will be home by the 15.Jess doesn't start her city volley ball
until Jan.
Take care and good luck with your shopping
[color=maroon[/b][/color]Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

Hello and Merry Christmas to All AJ Fans!
Harriet, it's so great to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have missed you so much..Get well & God Bless.
I hope all of you are well and have a wonderful Holiday! Especially Alan & Family, The Band, and staff Cindy etc!

Sharon, BHR, Elaine, Dizzy, Sue, Dee,Jinx, Terry, Kathy,Dot, Betty,Harriet esp, Jean/B,Anita, well all of you AJ Fans who post..I wish you the Best! Enjoy with your Families and traditions! With Love in Christ, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »

Hello and Merry Christmas to All AJ Fans!
Harriet, it's so great to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have missed you so much..Get well & God Bless.
I hope all of you are well and have a wonderful Holiday! Especially Alan & Family, The Band, and staff Cindy etc!

Sharon, BHR, Elaine, Dizzy, Sue, Dee,Jinx, Terry, Kathy,Dot, Betty,Harriet esp, Jean/B,Anita, well all of you AJ Fans who post..I wish you the Best! Enjoy with your Families and traditions! With Love in Christ, Jerrie

Jeri, it,s so good to hear from you.

susi67

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »

Sounds good. Everyone is doing well and everyone is busy with Christmas preparations.
I decorated my house too. On Saturday I'll bake Christmas cookies. Because the next weeks I don't have much time, I have to work more. In our business is in december the most exhausting time in the year.

Dot, nice that you eventually want to visit Switzerland. It's a small but very beautiful country.
There're many interesting things to look at.

Last year I was in Kentucky. I drove from Nashville TN to Bowling Green, to Lexington and in Ashland we stayed overnight.
Kentucky is really beautiful !!! Altogheter the USA is my absolute dreamland. Perhaps because Alan is living here ? Maybe it's a basic, but in the USA I'm always happy. The big US cars ( like at my home  Smiley ) the peoples, the endless roads and the nature. Just my dream !!!

So all my dear AJ Fans I send you many greetings from the little country.
Take care and stay healthy.

Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:19:01 pm »

Susie67....LOVE your comment about the USA being a good place because Alan lives here!!!!  AGREE!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 02:09:54 pm »

We are all fine.   Have to agree its been a warm December  so far.   We had some rain the other day  but its still warm.   The weatherman said last night that next week should be cooler back in the 50s days and 30s at night.       Harriet glad you are back.           Everyone take care          .         

Gone  Country    Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 09:59:15 am »

Hi AJ Fans,

Thanks for starting the december thread Suzanne.

This morning we've got snow  in Belgium too. This afternoon he's all gone  !!!
 It's gona be a freezing but sunny day tomorrow! Perfect for the Brussels Christmas Market !Can't wait for the delicious 'Gluwein".
Thanks for "Sinterklaas" Anita and Happy Birthday to your husband Dan !!!

Greatings to you Suzanne, Anita, BHR, Jerrie, Elaine,Dee,Harriet,Dot, Kathy, Sharon,Kimberly,Jinx and all reading!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: